ADVERTISEMENT

SURPRISE - FICKELL TO WISCONSIN

Because ND reporters said otherwise.

And echo is posting on a message board
Name the ND reporters and cite the articles.

You’re also posting on a message board, but you want us to believe you, but not believe Echowaker ? ? ?

I may have had differences of opinion with Echowaker, some very contentious, but I believe him to be an honorable, reliable man.

You ? You’ve been known to exaggerate and fabricate, and when pressed to provide concrete evidence to substantiate your position you rarely do so, so my money is on Echowaker !

Name the ND reporters and cite the articles.

You’re also posting on a message board, but you want us to believe you, but not believe Echowaker ? ? ?

I may have had differences of opinion with Echowaker, some very contentious, but I believe him to be an honorable, reliable man.

You ? You’ve been known to exaggerate and fabricate, and when pressed to provide concrete evidence to substantiate your position you rarely do so, so my money is on Echowaker !
I already did.

Learn to read

I posted it in this thread
You posted an opinion piece, an opinion piece where the author doesn’t cite sources.
In fact,he doesn’t even say, “according to my sources”
He just offers his opinion as if it’s fact.

On the other hand, we have a trusted, long time poster, who had a personal, direct one on one conversation with Fickell, where Fickell stated that he never engaged in any conversations with ND, He further stated that his agent informed ND that Fickell wasn’t interested in the HC position, ergo ND NEVER had the luxury of having a choice and selecting one over the other.

So, is Echowaker lying ?
Did Fickell lie to Echowaker ?

Or, is Driskell just offering an unsubstantiated opinion absent any facts or concrete sources ?

You posted an opinion piece, an opinion piece where the author doesn’t cite sources.
In fact,he doesn’t even say, “according to my sources”
He just offers his opinion as if it’s fact.

On the other hand, we have a trusted, long time poster, who had a personal, direct one on one conversation with Fickell, where Fickell stated that he never engaged in any conversations with ND, He further stated that his agent informed ND that Fickell wasn’t interested in the HC position, ergo ND NEVER had the luxury of having a choice and selecting one over the other.

So, is Echowaker lying ?
Did Fickell lie to Echowaker ?

Or, is Driskell just offering an unsubstantiated opinion absent any facts or concrete sources ?
I dont know echo. He is on an internet message board

Driskell is a ND reporter and hes very good at his job.

So I trust him. You can trust echo. I dont really care. You asked where I got the info from. I got that from him which he reported a year ago.

You dont have to trust him, I dont care

I dont know echo. He is on an internet message board

Driskell is a ND reporter and hes very good at his job.

So I trust him. You can trust echo. I dont really care. You asked where I got the info from. I got that from him which he reported a year ago.

You dont have to trust him, I dont care
Why didn‘t he:
1. name his source
2. reference his source‘s proximity to the involved parties
3. state, “according to my sources”.

Any of the above statements would have added a modicum of credibility to his statement, but he never mentioned a third party because there was no third party.

This was his attempt to ingratiate himself to the new coach.

Echowaker has always been a straight shooter so why do you think he’s lying

Why didn‘t he:
1. name his source
2. reference his source‘s proximity to the involved parties
3. state, “according to my sources”.

Any of the above statements would have added a modicum of credibility to his statement, but he never mentioned a third party because there was no third party.

This was his attempt to ingratiate himself to the new coach.

Echowaker has always been a straight shooter so why do you think he’s lying
I'm done with you.

I told you where I was getting my info from. One of them. Others is premium from over year ago

You can believe who you want. I don't care

I'm done with you.

I told you where I was getting my info from. One of them. Others is premium from over year ago

You can believe who you want. I don't care
I believe Echowaker who had a direct one on one conversation with Fickell.

Putting aside Driskell’s opinion and Echowaker’s conversation and understanding ND’s history with hiring untested, inexperienced coaches, side by side, comparing credentials/resumes, what prudent decision maker would choose MF over LF for the next HC ?

Your position defies logic !

I believe Echowaker who had a direct one on one conversation with Fickell.

Putting aside Driskell’s opinion and Echowaker’s conversation and understanding ND’s history with hiring untested, inexperienced coaches, side by side, comparing credentials/resumes, what prudent decision maker would choose MF over LF for the next HC ?

Your position defies logic !
why? MF is a bang-up recruiter. he was getting guys Kelly wouldn't even bother to try to recruit. "Different aisle", don't you know? Fickell is basically an unknown at recruiting, so advantage MF. Freeman also basically had a full year of an on-the-job interview. He impressed Jack, much like he impressed everyone else.

Luke did a good job at UC, but he also had the benefit of several diamonds-in-the rough, such as Desmond Ritter, Sauce Gardner, et al. They had 9 guys drafted off that playoff team, despite the fact that their highest ranked class under Fickell was #43, and as low as #64.

Lest we forget, Luke had the reins as HC at OSU for a year, and managed a 6-7 season, the year after a 12-1 season and the year before a 12-0 season. That was the first losing season since 1988.

Fickell was as much of a dice roll as Freeman. Maybe Wisconsin was the best that he could do, and I mean no disrespect to Wisconsin.

To me, Freeman always had a higher ceiling because of his recruiting ability.

Fickell still has something to prove, and that is to recruit and coach at the next level.

Reactions: Golson5
ADVERTISEMENT