ADVERTISEMENT

Support for Alohi

iwish

Posts Like A Champion
Feb 1, 2006
Just came across this and as a former military officer, all I can say is shame on whomever wrote this. First of all, they call Alohi a "coward" yet they type and send the letter anonymously...who is the real coward?

Second, Alohi owed the academy NOTHING - it is their own rules that allow for the transfer. Whether he decided to transfer for football reasons or personal reasons doesn't matter. The academies are not for everyone and sometimes it takes a year to determine, especially at a young age, whether or not it is a fit.

I am a huge fan of Alohi for his courage and his leadership. He has shown nothing but class and respect. Alohi, don't let this ridiculous letter from six fools bother you for even a minute.

Three possibilities:
1- legit letter written by legit vets who won't sign it
2- legit letter written by some dope who claims to be six vets
3- a hoax, not like ND never had one of those pop up after an embarrassing loss

I'm leaning toward #2. Smell test comes in at 3.5 fish out of 5

Believe it, or not, there are losers like this that sit at home in their mother's basements, taking the time to write and mail a hate letter to a kid.

All Alohi has to remember is this... While he prospers as a product of his own hard work and determination to get ahead in life, others will remain losers from the first time they opened their eyes, to the last time they close them.

Whether these people (or this person) served their country or not, it's clear who the cowards are (is).

Last edited:
I believe it was written by a vet or vets. Someone (or a group) who only went to high school though.

Upset that Navy is no longer the premier football service academy and lashing out.

Reactions: Kelso86
If I remember correctly the new rules basically prevent players from going to the NFL. doesn't it require players to fulfill their entire military service before joining...if that is the case then no player realistically has a shot at the NFL. A team will not draft a player and wait until they finish and no player can realistically expect to be a legitimate prospect after years of training for something other than football.

Not that pointing out that error in their thinking is the worst part of it, but it's not like he would just have to wait a few extra years to play pro football.

A
L
O
H
I

I'm willing to bet..

Spent less time thinking about this than it took to write this post.

Alohi is on a mission. Play on Sunday.

He makes no excuses about it and will be a first rounder or second round pick next year.

If he wasn't returning next year our secondary would be in very serious trouble.

If we can just get the other ten on defense to play just as ferocious we'll be in the playoffs again.

If I remember correctly the new rules basically prevent players from going to the NFL. doesn't it require players to fulfill their entire military service before joining...if that is the case then no player realistically has a shot at the NFL. A team will not draft a player and wait until they finish and no player can realistically expect to be a legitimate prospect after years of training for something other than football.

Not that pointing out that error in their thinking is the worst part of it, but it's not like he would just have to wait a few extra years to play pro football.

It seems to me that every time it gets mentioned on tv, the rule has changed again. I recall a guy for the Patriots had to pack his Navy pants recently in case he got called up during the football season.

‘the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round’

It seems to me that every time it gets mentioned on tv, the rule has changed again. I recall a guy for the Patriots had to pack his Navy pants recently in case he got called up during the football season.
In that case I guess the rule is they can go reserve which is a longer commitment, but if called up won't receive a deferment for playing a pro sport and would have to leave their team. Which is still a big handicap when trying to make a NFL roster.

AG was an absolute stud. He was an absolute leader. He was punished by the NCAA to sit out. He has done everything he was ever asked to do, by the book. Whoever wrote that note is an absolute a-hole and would need to get through a few million fans before he ever saw AG.

AG, stay the course. We got u!!

Last edited:
Reactions: theskibro

I think they changed the rule when Napoleon McCallum (sp?) was graduating, then they changed it back sometime after that. The thought was a Navy grad playing in the NFL was great advertising for both the Navy and the Academy. Then somebody thought better of that and scrubbed it.

Drunk idiots. Uneducated losers. Should read, sorry you’re too good for Navy football. Too smart for the academy. Too good to be around people like you. Many died, fighting for people much better than you, coward behind a pen.

No one knows who even sent the letter. It could have been almost anyone with no military connection, some connection, or a solid connection. It could have been someone from another program (I have a thought on that). From everything I have read and heard, AG and his family are solid folk. The kind of people you would want as your neighbor. AG and family should know that AG has the love, respect, and support from all the Irish nation.

He’s from Hawaii too. They are good people over there. If you’ve spent any time there, like quality time getting to know the locals, they’re a notch above when it comes to decency. If you haven’t been there, you wouldn’t get what I’m saying. If more of the world were like Hawaiians it’d be a better place. There’s a reason why so many of them avoid the mainland. Thousands of years in the most beautiful, isolated place on earth had a way of impacting them, in general in a positive way.

Reactions: IrishBlessings
Just like the traitor comrade Trumpsky's ridiculous criticism of the hero John McCain this letter should be ignored.

No one knows who even sent the letter. It could have been almost anyone with no military connection, some connection, or a solid connection. It could have been someone from another program (I have a thought on that). From everything I have read and heard, AG and his family are solid folk. The kind of people you would want as your neighbor. AG and family should know that AG has the love, respect, and support from all the Irish nation.

Toby

U spot on dude except one thing: we do know who sent the letter: an asshole coward

Reactions: iwish
He’s from Hawaii too. They are good people over there. If you’ve spent any time there, like quality time getting to know the locals, they’re a notch above when it comes to decency. If you haven’t been there, you wouldn’t get what I’m saying. If more of the world were like Hawaiians it’d be a better place. There’s a reason why so many of them avoid the mainland. Thousands of years in the most beautiful, isolated place on earth had a way of impacting them, in general in a positive way.

Spot on. My mom was born and raised on the Big Island. The Hawaiian Spirit unless you have experience it - is truly amazing.

And Alohi has the Hawaiian Spirit no doubt. ND is a great spot for him. Between the ND Spirit he has learned and the Hawaiian spirit he was born with - the kid is a Lock to be an All American !

Maybe Alohi realized that America no longer fights to protect freedoms and establish democracies around the world but instead, decided he was not going to be used as a pawn of the elites to go fight wars that only protect the interests of the very rich.
No that's not it. He wants the opportunity to go to the NFL right away.

ADVERTISEMENT