ADVERTISEMENT

Steve Angeli getting pt?

Hmmm… this is starting to feel like 2010. Will Freeman become purple face next year?

Should he get a series or two against UNLV? Pyne has done nothing to cement himself as the starter. Not saying Angeli can save the season but I think he should get some game reps incase he is needed in a larger role later on.
Hope so

let’s see what he has

Why not. He’s one snap away anyway. Don’t believe DP is the short or long term answer.

We're probably better off with getting Pyne going as good as possible, and so let him get as many reps and as much confidence as possible.

But whatever, hopefully if were up by 30 in the 4th quarter, why not....

The season is lost so a case can be made to go with Angeli the rest of the way. He is the possible future. However, we still want to keep this recruiting class together so wins are still important

I wasn't screaming for him to start but I felt he we might as well start him. It corrects the messed up QB cycle that BK ruined by holding on to Wimbush too long.

Quite honestly Angeli was head and shoulders the best QB in the spring game. Now that doesn't mean everything but Pyne was shakey in that spring game and well....he's been far from perfect in the year so far...shakey?

Absolutely positively give Angeli a shot. It does many things but most importantly it lets you know how dire the QB position is...or isn't!?.

Angeli is way better than wittle drew
I’m not a Pyne fan by any means but this is a stretch. Angeli is a 3 star true freshmen. He has certain measureables that are ahead of Pyne but I’d be very surprised if he gave us more production right now. I don’t think the QB of the future is in our roster right now, so we might as well play the guy who gives us the best shot now which is Pyne.

Should he get a series or two against UNLV? Pyne has done nothing to cement himself as the starter. Not saying Angeli can save the season but I think he should get some game reps incase he is needed in a larger role later on.
Won't happen. UNLV will be in it until the 4th quarter. Freeman and Rees will not play Angeli just because fans are interested in seeing him play. They wouldn't even play their best WR until they were down and desperate against the mighty Trees in the second half. Then they yanked him for having the highlight of the season. These morons running our football program won't do anything the fans want. If they did, we'd likely be 5-1.

Ahh, we need to win games. We don't need to be developing QBs. This is a not a QB-developing program, it's a football team. So.... I think we're going to go with Drew Pyne. Unless Angeli's straight up better, which he probably isn't. Besides, what's to say Pyne won't bounce back and play like he did against UNC and BYU, he probably will!

It's just disappointing that it's all gone. The playoff contending, the double-digit win seasons, and all the excitement and fun and all the rest of it. Poof!

ADVERTISEMENT