ADVERTISEMENT

Staff Promotions

jcswoopnh

ND Expert
Sep 7, 2017
The loyal soldier, Mike Elston, has added a few titles to his D- line. He is now the Recruiting Coordinator (again) and the Run Game Coordinator.
Brian Pollan has added Associate Head Coach to his Special Teams title.
I have no idea what or how these new titles will benefit the program. I was kind of surprised Pollan got the Assistant HC title. It's no surprise that Elston was rewarded for being passed over as DC

Reactions: Kelso86
I really appreciate all that Elston brings to the program, but I don’t think this is the reward for Elston that you suggest. I think (could be wrong) that Elston is relinquishing the Associate Head Coach title and role, and taking on the recruiting coordinator role he had previously. In other words, Elston is swapping his Associate Head Coach title with Polian and his Recruiting Coordinator title. in My mind, the Associate HC title is bestowed to help position one of your coaches for a future head coach job elsewhere. So, this move makes me think Elston is 100% happy as a position coach at ND, or aspires to be defensive coordinator vs a head coach, and that Polian is looking for another opportunity to be a head coach somewhere.

Reactions: iwish
That makes a lot of sense - I am not sure why, but I always assumed Polian was younger and Elston older. Both are 46.

That makes a lot of sense - I am not sure why, but I always assumed Polian was younger and Elston older. Both are 46.
This fact surprised me as well. Had the same wrong assumptions!

The loyal soldier, Mike Elston, has added a few titles to his D- line. He is now the Recruiting Coordinator (again) and the Run Game Coordinator.
Brian Pollan has added Associate Head Coach to his Special Teams title.
I have no idea what or how these new titles will benefit the program. I was kind of surprised Pollan got the Assistant HC title. It's no surprise that Elston was rewarded for being passed over as DC

How can a defensive coach be the "run game coordinator"? Does he coordinate with the opponent during the week?

Reactions: rgc7
ADVERTISEMENT