Aug 13, 2016
QB- Wimbush/ Book split reps

RB- Dex Williams tries to separate himself from the pack

WR- Chase Claypool

Slot- Mike Young

WR- Miles Boykin

TE- Alize Mack/ Cole Kmet

LT- Liam Eichenberg steps up beats out Lugg

LG- Tommy Kraemer can he become a mauler?

C- Mustipher

RG- Bars

RT- Robert Hainsey

Defense

SDE- Khalid Kareem takes over

DT Bonner & Tillery

WDE- D. Hayes more production?

Rover- Jeremiah Owusu oozes potential, heard he's had serious flashes

Buck- Dru Tranquil gets a little bigger and moves inside

Mike- Tevon Coney becomes elite

CB- Julian Love (the man)

FS- Gilman

SS- Jalen Elliot barely hanging on to that spot

CB- Nick Watkins/ Troy Pride

Last edited:
Jones will be ahead of Williams in the spring, the summer & the fall.
Williams just doesn’t do what he is asked to be an every down back.

Pretty certain that whatever is posted on Day 1 of spring ball will change by the opener.

Jones will be ahead of Williams in the spring, the summer & the fall.
Williams just doesn’t do what he is asked to be an every down back.
I hope not. Jones has literally not impressed me one bit his whole career. Just let dex run the damn ball

I hope not. Jones has literally not impressed me one bit his whole career. Just let dex run the damn ball
The speculation is Jones played hurt most of the year so we really haven't seen what he's capable of. Denson said he's the most complete back on the roster right now and he expects big things. He also said his goal is to make DW a complete back this year and he expects big things from him as well.

Reactions: Pennick4
i never put much stock in spring ball depth charts.
If a player ends Spring ball as a starter, what are the odds of he losing his starting position in Fall camp? I understand a super Freshman reporting for Fall camp jumping everyone and grabbing a starting spot, but how often do you think it happens otherwise? And, do you think that Phil will be a serious candidate for winning the starting spot with only Fall camp behind him?

I do think spring practice depth chart holds some weight. It shows sometimes who's earned it by putting in the most work in the weight room. It can show how the coaches view a player's place in the program. What was the starting lineup last year first day of spring I wonder

If a player ends Spring ball as a starter, what are the odds of he losing his starting position in Fall camp? I understand a super Freshman reporting for Fall camp jumping everyone and grabbing a starting spot, but how often do you think it happens otherwise? And, do you think that Phil will be a serious candidate for winning the starting spot with only Fall camp behind him?
Rarely does a player win or lose a job in spring practice. By that I mean returning starters almost always stay. Now open positions should see some battles going forward that will likely carry into fall camp. The safety spots may not be settled until the fall for sure. I can easily see new blood there. Jurkovec would have to just blow everyone away to see the field on Sept 1.

Reactions: Floydy
3 other guys i am curious about are Donte Vaughn, Avery Davis, and Jordan Genmark Heath. I would like to see how each of them progresses even though they are rarely talked about.

Reactions: Kelso86
ADVERTISEMENT