ADVERTISEMENT

South Carolina in Gator Bowl

This game provides zero excitement or opportunity for the ND brand. But that's what happens when you lose 4 games.

I hope some of the older guys do sit out. I'm kind of excited to see some young guys

I want to see Buchner, the 4 wrs, backup guard, our young DEs, our young LBs, Mickey, Watts

I'm looking forward to the game
Only ones that should even think about sitting are Mayer Patterson and foskey. No one else is a lock to get drafted.

South Carolina is running red hot. three weeks ago they were a fringe .500 team that had been thumped by UF 38-6. Then they shocked the world by cleaning out the playoff picture, beating contenders Tennessee and Clemson back to back. They have a great coach.

Yep this is the worst kind of 'change the narrative' matchup.

South Carolina is running red hot. three weeks ago they were a fringe .500 team that had been thumped by UF 38-6. Then they shocked the world by cleaning out the playoff picture, beating contenders Tennessee and Clemson back to back. They have a great coach.

Yep this is the worst kind of 'change the narrative' matchup.
Running "red hot..." in November then sitting for 5 weeks has different effects.

Reactions: notredamerises23
It could be a fun matchup if mostly everyone plays. If we have multiple guys sitting out for the draft then I might take the time to clean a room in my house instead :)
I'm guessing 5 guys will sit it out. It'll be spring ball before the spring. Get the young guys in there and win the game

Brandon Joseph and Ademilola are both locks.
I didn’t count Joseph because he could come back and improve his stock… jayson probably is but he had a very very underwhelming year

Took Kyren 5 to go..both are undersized, and we’re underwhelming this year. Joseph took a step back from his NW days, won’t run well at the combine and was banged up.
He will run well and jump well. He has 3 years of experience. Hes getting drafted

Win a bowl game.

Beat an SEC team.

Finish the season ranked in the top 20.

Go 9 and 4.

Put a good product on the field for the recruits.
The only way to view this game is that it’s a 2023 preseason game with a few bonus players … I will be watching like always. We only get 13 games a year, no matter the record, the opponent or the stakes I’m all in.

The only way to view this game is that it’s a 2023 preseason game with a few bonus players … I will be watching like always. We only get 13 games a year, no matter the record, the opponent or the stakes I’m all in.
We have had chance at 14 games and in 2024 I hope we play 16

ND is not winning any title playing 16 games.
With 12 Team playoff any team that wins it is probably having to play 16-17 games right? 12 regular season, conf championship, and 3-4 playoff games

Nd doesn’t get a first round bye due to independence is my understanding

Joseph isn’t a lock to go this year but probably will
Why would he go? He’ll be a 3rd day pick. Not a lock to make a team. Come back and have a great year, play your way into an NFL roster spot and some money.

Why would he go? He’ll be a 3rd day pick. Not a lock to make a team. Come back and have a great year, play your way into an NFL roster spot and some money.
Ask Kyren Williams that question, he is currently playing for the LA Rams.

I don’t blame anyone for wanting to get paid, start your NFL pension, to play that violent game.

Ask Kyren Williams that question, he is currently playing for the LA Rams.

I don’t blame anyone for wanting to get paid, start your NFL pension, to play that violent game.
Much different situation. Kyren was outstanding, team MVP and plays a position with very limited window and was projected Round 2-3 by most. BJ took a step backwards from his time @ NW and stock dropped this year. If he swapped jerseys with Ramon, DJ or Xavier nobody would have known the difference.

Reactions: IrishMike409
ADVERTISEMENT