ADVERTISEMENT

So, this really was a Top 5 football team this year...

1. It gives you a chance at 9 wins and a NY6 Bowl game still or upper tier bowl outside of NY6

2. It would be the 2nd or 3rd best win of the BK and MF eras. How many top 5 wins have we had? Not many. This is rare and would be a big win

3. It would silence a lot of MF critics and prove the program is going in the right direction. Beating Dabo as a first yr coach with DP as your qb is a statement

4. Recruiting. Recruiting. Recruiting. We have a ton of 23 and 24 commits n prospects at this game. We need to keep our current class and add to it. This is massive game for Recruiting

This is a massive game for the program. This year and the future
All great points. I think we can win Saturday.

I thought that the chances of a NY6 bowl were gone…..glad that we can still earn an invitation. Would be awesome, considering we started 0-2.

Reactions: NDinNJ
Huge game for freeman and Nd… 9-3 with wins over Clemson and usc is better than 9-3 with losses to only good teams

it would have nd on upward trajectory

Before Cuse I had Nd losing to Clemson and beating SC. But after that game I believe the Clemson game is a toss-up and you will still beat us.

Before Cuse I had Nd losing to Clemson and beating SC. But after that game I believe the Clemson game is a toss-up and you will still beat us.
any Irish fan that's watched all of the games this year has no clue what team is going to show up

Also, we are all hopeful that pyne will become an average qb.

With that said, i can see any outcome vs clemson or USC happening... blowouts or close wins either way

any Irish fan that's watched all of the games this year has no clue what team is going to show up

Also, we are all hopeful that pyne will become an average qb.

With that said, i can see any outcome vs clemson or USC happening... blowouts or close wins either way
I think this better describes my thinking than what I wrote. I simply cannot explain the results with the quality of players ND has.

Last edited:
I’m not sure you have to win to get those benefits outside of a NY6. You have to keep it close and show that the QB and a few other skills can change this thing around. A win certainly is an incredible outcome.

I think this better describes my thinking than what I wrote. I simply cannot explain the results with the quality of players ND has.

I can't explain it either.

Jekyl and Hyde syndrome. But this speaks to coaching. I'm not enough of a football expert to assess exactly what is deficient. I know the obvious: discipline, poor initial OL play, not discovering the power run identity early enough, questionable QB, and Rees play calling.

Some posters here helped me with excellent points. ND ran power north-south vs Syracuse against a smaller line. But can this be done against Clemson and their big and good DL? Probably can against USC with their suspect defense? Can DP improve? Are the receivers good enough? The defense looks good enough, right? We know what to look for.

I do agree with the consensus that Freeman is learning on the job. He's the CEO. It remains to be seen how much. I am not sure until the season plays out...not least because of this Jekyl and Hyde performance to date.

I am rooting for Freeman. I like to think he can succeed.

ADVERTISEMENT