ADVERTISEMENT

Sitting at 19

I think you’re experiencing some cognitive dissonance. We all like MF, just not as much as you. He’s recruiting well. But if he can’t beat the top teams in recruiting, he’s not really doing much. We haven’t been too 5 in a long time. Make all the excuses you want. Fact is MF has yet to land a top 5 class. It appears he may not do that in year 1.
It appears he will do that in year 1.

Thankfully he helped us upgrade last years class and now this class. And looking good going into next year's class as well.

Enjoy this improvement. Be excited about the jump we are taking. Stop being a hater and a BK lover

Then we don’t win a title. MF wants to recruit at that level. I like that he’s trying.
We aren't there yet. It's going to take time to reach their level. We need to have top 5 classes year in and year out.

This is year 1. We'll finish top 5. Gotta do better in 24. Then another in 25

If we finish 7 in composite, MF tied BK.
I don't think it's so much about the final ranking but the final average / recruit. Right now, ND has an average of 93.20 on the Composite and that is future NC type level recruiting if ND keeps that up for a few years. Sometimes team finish higher than others based on quantity and not so much the quality.

I don't think it's so much about the final ranking but the final average / recruit. Right now, ND has an average of 93.20 on the Composite and that is future NC type level recruiting if ND keeps that up for a few years. Sometimes team finish higher than others based on quantity and not so much the quality.

That’s why On3 makes the most sense. Quality not quantity.

Reactions: Notre Dame du Lac
That’s why On3 makes the most sense. Quality not quantity.
The one ranking that is due to come out in the very near future is the 247 Composite roster ranking that looks at the 85 man roster of each school and adds up the recruiting rankings of the recruits on the roster.

Here's the 2021 version. Kind of tells the story on how well each team has recruited over a 4 to 5 year period

I only look at Rivals. It's the best I have found. The Composite rankings I have zero interest in.

I only look at Rivals. It's the best I have found. The Composite rankings I have zero interest in.
Why only Rivals? Each of the recruiting services have their own biases and that's the reason I use the 247 Composite. It adds up all of the services (Rivals, ESPN, 247 etc....) into one ranking thereby watering down the individual biases. For example, ESPN has a strong SEC bias

Reactions: Golson5
donta saw marc for what he is a coach with
a job he didt qualify for an a qb coach that sucked so bad its still sore

• Haha
Reactions: Golson5
If he doesn’t want to be part of this historic, ridiculously talented class, he’s not the kind of kid we want. He’s absolutely bat shit crazy not to want to be part of it, particularly based on the amount of money ND is likely comping some of these other programs.

He’s made it clear that he wanted the highest amount of money and the least competition as well as caring little about what the class he is coming into looks like. He also apparently broke his word, and all you got is your word when it comes to character. I hate to say it, but those are very bad character traits. He and CJ are the complete opposite personalities. Perhaps there was a better all in kid in ‘23, but it’s too late. If he changed his mind and headed to SB, everyone would embrace him, forget everything the instant he came back, but I just don’t think he’s that kind of kid, unfortunately.
This

We aren't there yet. It's going to take time to reach their level. We need to have top 5 classes year in and year out.

This is year 1. We'll finish top 5. Gotta do better in 24. Then another in 25

I would say year 3. 22 was around a top 5 class, 21 a top 10. That is elite dont you think? 20 was outside of the top 10 so no argument there.

If this class lands in the say top 3, thats an average top 6. Thats pretty dang elite.

The Top 5 classes will come more often if MF has ND winning a lot of FB games.

Even with that I don’t think ND can be an annual top 5 recruiter like Bama, OSU, and UGA. Those teams don’t have nearly the same academic requirements, ND fishes from a smaller pond. They are FB factories and nothing more.

I do think they (ND) can be a consistent top 10 recruiter, and that’ll have them competing near the top of the heap every season.

E
The Top 5 classes will come more often if MF has ND winning a lot of FB games.

Even with that I don’t think ND can be an annual top 5 recruiter like Bama, OSU, and UGA. Those teams don’t have nearly the same academic requirements, ND fishes from a smaller pond. They are FB factories and nothing more.

I do think they (ND) can be a consistent top 10 recruiter, and that’ll have them competing near the top of the heap every season.
Exactly. If Freeman coaches this good now, as an unproven coach. If he starts winning, watch out.

If he wins too much he’ll be a Buckeye.
Don't think so. OSU and Freeman have parted ways. He's taken a few shots at them since he was hired as ND's HC. Not so sure that was the right approach

Last edited:
Don't think so. OSU and Freeman have parted ways. He's taken a few shots at them since he was hired as HD's HC.
That's because he's running into issues with kids wanting the path of least resistance and he's getting frustrated. He's an OSU man and always will be.

That's because he's running into issues with kids wanting the path of least resistance and he's getting frustrated. He's an OSU man and always will be.
He might be an OSU man but I doubt OSU wants him around in the future, He made the statement - when he became ND's coach - that he made the wrong decision out of HS when he chose OSU over ND and recently took a shot at OSU's online classes. In other words - THINK before you speak as it could come back to bite you some day

No hes not getting frustrated at all. He's killing it. Hes first in the 23 and 24 class. Crushing it

He may have went to OSU but he's more of a ND guy for sure. Faith and family man. 40 year. Setting kids up for life. Building relationships and young men. Seeing them successful in school and life.

He as much as a ND man as you can possibly be without going to school. I think he embraces it and loves it here. Thats why hes recruiting the school so well

No hes not getting frustrated at all. He's killing it. Hes first in the 23 and 24 class. Crushing it

He may have went to OSU but he's more of a ND guy for sure. Faith and family man. 40 year. Setting kids up for life. Building relationships and young men. Seeing them successful in school and life.

He as much as a ND man as you can possibly be without going to school. I think he embraces it and loves it here. Thats why hes recruiting the school so well
Not frustrated at all, lol. That's why he Tweeted a long video about education the same minute Dante committed. Also publicly letting out his frustrations about Ohio State kids not needing to attend classes. The man can get frustrated. He's not Jesus.

Not frustrated at all, lol. That's why he Tweeted a long video about education the same minute Dante committed. Also publicly letting out his frustrations about Ohio State kids not needing to attend classes. The man can get frustrated. He's not Jesus.
Because hes using it as a tool. Not a crutch. Unlike our previous coach

Use your head. Hes using it to our advantage.

Think a little

I think every staff in the country must be frustrated about us because we're number 1 in both classes.

They wish they can be us

Because hes using it as a tool. Not a crutch. Unlike our previous coach

Use your head. Hes using it to our advantage.

Think a little

I think every staff in the country must be frustrated about us because we're number 1 in both classes.

They wish they can be us

We won’t finish 1. Ohio State will pass us as long as online golf is a class. MF doesn’t like to lose recruiting battles. This oozes as his biggest point of pride. I think the tweet can be taken both ways. Niether is necessarily wrong. The online class comments was him being annoyed by the handicap some schools get to play with because colleges aren’t held to high enough standards. Covid has made doing nothing and getting credit even more of a problem.

We won’t finish 1. Ohio State will pass us as long as online golf is a class. MF doesn’t like to lose recruiting battles. This oozes as his biggest point of pride. I think the tweet can be taken both ways. Niether is necessarily wrong. The online class comments was him being annoyed by the handicap some schools get to play with because colleges aren’t held to high enough standards. Covid has made doing nothing and getting credit even more of a problem.
Nah. I never thought we'd finish number 1. If we finish top 5 we're in really good shape

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT