ADVERTISEMENT

Several ND opponents have bye weeks

I don’t like to get in “peeing contests”, but I do like to see the real story. I suspect that Ga. State will be every bit as good this year as Purdue and Navy, 2 of Norte Dame’s upcoming opponents.
To wit:
“If all goes according to plan, this should be the best Georgia State team since it kicked off life in the FBS world back in 2013.

The offense is beyond loaded, it’s deep, it has all-star playmakers, and it has the line that should be among the Sun Belt’s best.

The defense might have key replacements to find, but the secondary is terrific and the pass rush should still be strong. Throw in All-Sun Belt PK Noel Ruiz and look out – head coach Shawn Elliott has put together a great group.”
Hilarious

Hilarious
“Notre Dame ranks No. 124 out of 127 FBS teams that played last season in returning production from the fall of 2020. So, Kelly’s task is considerable.” Realistic! I believe Ga. State might tee up ND on a neutral field.

“Notre Dame ranks No. 124 out of 127 FBS teams that played last season in returning production from the fall of 2020. So, Kelly’s task is considerable.” Realistic! I believe Ga. State might tee up ND on a neutral field.
More comedy gems. Keep em coming!

We reload here

Grady, I’ll stand corrected mentioning Georgia st derogatorily as I did before, they’re not a bad team, they’re not some FCS scrub by no stretch so that’s on me. W/ that said, I still don’t see their SOS tougher than ND’s. We have four common opponents (va tech, uva, FSU & ga tech) so those are a wash. ND & UNC play each other so they cancel each other out being ranked similarly.

That leaves UNC w/:

Georgia st
Duke
Miami
Wake
Pitt
Wofford
NC state

and ND w/:

Toledo
Purdue
Wisconsin
Cincy
USC
Navy
Stanford

I don’t know anyone that would say that the top group of 7 shown above would be tougher to play than the bottom group. That’s just me. I don’t see any way that UNC is ranked #10 & ND #15. That ranking is crap, imho.

Grady, I’ll stand corrected mentioning Georgia st derogatorily as I did before, they’re not a bad team, they’re not some FCS scrub by no stretch so that’s on me. W/ that said, I still don’t see their SOS tougher than ND’s. We have four common opponents (va tech, uva, FSU & ga tech) so those are a wash. ND & UNC play each other so they cancel each other out being ranked similarly.

That leaves UNC w/:

Georgia st
Duke
Miami
Wake
Pitt
Wofford
NC state

and ND w/:

Toledo
Purdue
Wisconsin
Cincy
USC
Navy
Stanford

I don’t know anyone that would say that the top group of 7 shown above would be tougher to play than the bottom group. That’s just me. I don’t see any way that UNC is ranked #10 & ND #15. That ranking is crap, imho.
Hey, I will not argue that UNC’s sched is tougher than ND’s. I really think there’s not much difference, and in reality, the difficulty of the schedules can only be judged after the season.

Last edited:
OIP.5SfZ9REPq-hPM0DpcDKlOwHaEK

the Heels have FSU, Miami, and ND in a 4 week period. IF all three turn out to be good then it will have been a tough schedule. Still an ACC team that dodges Clemson cannot have that tough a schedule.

the Heels have FSU, Miami, and ND in a 4 week period. IF all three turn out to be good then it will have been a tough schedule. Still an ACC team that dodges Clemson cannot have that tough a schedule.
If you are interested in learning about strengths/weaknesses of ND opponents, you might be interested in this info on UNC’s defense: “Entering 2021, North Carolina will have more capable bodies, better size, and more experience. They did not lose any significant players from the defensive line room. It should the one position group that makes the most improvement from 2020 to 2021. The 2021 version of the Carolina defense has the potential to be extremely good with the possibility of being great. The defensive line is vastly improved and the secondary has playmakers loaded throughout. There is talented depth to provide a continuous wave of a blue and white storm converging on any offense on the schedule. Outside linebacker coach Jovan Dewitt and middle linebacker coach/co-defensive coordinator Tommy Thigpen have the responsibility of getting the middle level of the defense up to a championship level and they have an exceptional group to work with.UNC's outside linebacker room is experienced, deep, and talented. In year three of UNC's defensive system under coordinator Jay Bateman, the outside linebackers are as complete as ever and should be able to benefit from a better and deeper defensive line that will be able to absorb blocks and command attention upfront. That should allow Fox, Evans, and Rucker to have better -- and more chances -- to pressure the quarterback and make the type of plays Carolina's defense has missed in previous seasons. UNC should have one of the best defensive backfields in the ACC with a trio of standout cornerbacks in Storm Duck, Tony Grimes and Kyler McMichael. Duck missed the final 10 games last season because of injury, but he was one of UNC's top defensive players as a freshman in 2019. Grimes and McMichael were impressive in Duck's place, with Grimes living up to his lofty billing as one of the nation's top cornerback recruits. Safety Trey Morrison (31 career starts) brings valuable experience at several positions.”

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT