ADVERTISEMENT

Schedule

francade

Posts Like A Champion
Jan 15, 2003
In order from most to least difficult IMO:

USC (could easily be wisco here w/ a lot of their defense returning)
@wisco
Cincy
UNC (maybe swap w/ cincy?)

5 thru 8 are somewhat interchangeable but I’d go w/:

@Va tech
@UVA
@FSU
Purdue

the bottom four:

Ga tech
Toledo
@stanford
Navy

I know a lot has been said about our schedule. I think it’s very manageable but by no means a cakewalk. We may be lacking a true title contender in the first tier which pulls our SOS down deservedly so. The middle four are packed w/ potentially tough teams but no sure things maybe. But our bottom four could be as strong or stronger than most bottom fours.

We should win 10 easily based on our talent compared to our opponents. Biggest under the radar landmine is a tie between @UVA or home against purdon’t. Toughest games will be a defensive slugfest w/ wisco & a higher scoring affair w/ the Trojans.

what does everyone think?

Reactions: Bumpdaddy
I mean, based off of most pre season rankings you have the top 4 backwards, but I understand the thought process.

Stanford went 4-2 last year with a win over Washington and you think they are the second worst team on our schedule???

@wisco
Cincy

@Va tech
@UVA
@FSU
Purdue

the bottom four:

Ga tech
Toledo
@stanford
Navy

I know a lot has been said about our schedule. I think it’s very manageable but by no means a cakewalk. We may be lacking a true title contender in the first tier which pulls our SOS down deservedly so. The middle four are packed w/ potentially tough teams but no sure things maybe. But our bottom four could be as strong or stronger than most bottom fours.

We should win 10 easily based on our talent compared to our opponents. Biggest under the radar landmine is a tie between @UVA or home against purdon’t. Toughest games will be a defensive slugfest w/ wisco & a higher scoring affair w/ the Trojans.

Move stanford up a notch. Move vtech and purdue down

@wisco
Cincy

@Va tech
@UVA
@FSU
Purdue

the bottom four:

Ga tech
Toledo
@stanford
Navy

if we don't destroy the toiletmakers from west lafayette i'll be surprised because they only have a mac conference level team outside of a couple of good wrs

Reactions: sluggo69
“I mean, based off of most pre season rankings you have the top 4 backwards, but I understand the thought process.

Stanford went 4-2 last year with a win over Washington and you think they are the second worst team on our schedule???”

understood, original. Tbh, I wasn’t sure what to do w/ our top 4. They all have returning qbs that should be pretty good. As for Stanford? I thought they’d take a small step back because they lose mills & haven’t shown to be the team they were just a short few years back. But you’re right, they could easily be our 5th most difficult I guess.

coolirish, I agree that Purdue shouldn’t have the horses to pull the upset, but they’ll be sky high for sure and may give us a run for a bit. I don’t think they were nearly the team that osu was when they beat them rather soundly a couple years back so I just took a stab in the dark w/ that one. I don’t necessarily believe they’ll beat us. Just an over the top surprise feeling I guess.

It’s neutral site, but technically it was a home and home series. Ironically, our “home” game was at Lambeau and theirs was Soldier Field.

“I mean, based off of most pre season rankings you have the top 4 backwards, but I understand the thought process.

Stanford went 4-2 last year with a win over Washington and you think they are the second worst team on our schedule???”

understood, original. Tbh, I wasn’t sure what to do w/ our top 4. They all have returning qbs that should be pretty good. As for Stanford? I thought they’d take a small step back because they lose mills & haven’t shown to be the team they were just a short few years back. But you’re right, they could easily be our 5th most difficult I guess.

coolirish, I agree that Purdue shouldn’t have the horses to pull the upset, but they’ll be sky high for sure and may give us a run for a bit. I don’t think they were nearly the team that osu was when they beat them rather soundly a couple years back so I just took a stab in the dark w/ that one. I don’t necessarily believe they’ll beat us. Just an over the top surprise feeling I guess.
Ya I’m not saying it’s easy to peg how good Stanford will be, but they are better than #11 in this list.

I also think we all have an inflated opinion of the ACC. The ACC is not a good conference, and besides Clemson, the PAC is/has been better from top to bottom.

Ya I’m not saying it’s easy to peg how good Stanford will be, but they are better than #11 in this list.

I also think we all have an inflated opinion of the ACC. The ACC is not a good conference, and besides Clemson, the PAC is/has been better from top to bottom.
Debatable for sure.

The depth of the PAC has always been its strong point. But ya my main thing is that the ACC stinks.

Well what league is good then ?

Oklahoma has won the Big 12 6 times in a row.

Ohio St only Big 10 team to make Playoffs since 2015 .

PAC 12 without a Playoff team in 4 years

If ACC and Pac 12 stink and you note the above is it your position that all conferences stink ?

Reactions: Kelso86

If ACC and Pac 12 stink and you note the above is it your position that all conferences stink ?
I mean, the SEC and Big 10 are clearly good conferences. Bowl games, OOC results and recruiting rankings all prove that.

The ACC has one dominant team and not much else. The Big 12 has one dominant team and a bunch of capable teams. The PAC hasn’t had 1 team dominate the conference for a while so they have good not great teams and then capable depth beneath it.

If ACC and Pac 12 stink and you note the above is it your position that al conferences stink ?
I think the PAC and Big12 have the distinction that all teams in the conference have either won the conference or lost it in the final week over the last 20 years; even Texas Tech or Oregon State. In comparison I don't remember the last time Ole Miss, Purdue, or Syracuse threatened to win the conference even with the help of the CCG.

I mean, the SEC and Big 10 are clearly good conferences. Bowl games, OOC results and recruiting rankings all prove that.

The ACC has one dominant team and not much else. The Big 12 has one dominant team and a bunch of capable teams. The PAC hasn’t had 1 team dominate the conference for a while so they have good not great teams and then capable depth beneath it.

The Big Ten is clearly a good conference ?

It's a 1 team league. You aren't a good conference IMO when it's nothing more than a battle for 2nd.

Just like the Big 12 and the ACC-----hopefully Iowa State can break that trend this Fall but I'm not counting on it.

The SEC has had 2 National Champs come out out of it in the last 2 years and Georgia who reached the Final 3 years ago where they lost to Bama in OT.

They are WAY above everyone else who is virtually the same by your own stated standards.

It's a 1 team league. You aren't a good conference IMO when it's nothing more than a battle for 2nd.

Just like the Big 12 and the ACC-----hopefully Iowa State can break that trend this Fall but I'm not counting on it.

The SEC has had 2 National Champs come out out of it in the last 2 years and Georgia who reached the Final 3 years ago where they lost to Bama in OT.

They are WAY above everyone else who is virtually the same by your own stated standards.
The BIG has been a good conference. Psu. Wisconsin, Michigan, MSU, Iowa have all had good years and teams throughout the playoffs. Even teams like Indiana and Northwestern are improving. Thats a good conference

You can say the same thing about all the other conferences.

The Big Ten Bowl record is mediocre and like everyone else nobody plays a difficult OOC schedule so there's no way to verify your statement. They haven't won a title since 2012.

So your statement about good teams and improving teams is for the most part based on them playing against one another which IMO doesn't prove much.

What's Clemson's record vs Ohio St ? That's best on best----a better barometer IMO.

That to me has just as much or more validity than an opinion .

That makes the BUG an unbalanced conference and doesn't mean they are good or bad. Both the BUG and the ACC are currently dominated by one program, but next ones down are vastly different with PSU and Wiscy winning NY6 bowl games.

That makes the BUG an unbalanced conference and doesn't mean they are good or bad. Both the BUG and the ACC are currently dominated by one program, but next ones down are vastly different with PSU and Wiscy winning NY6 bowl games.
Exactly what I was going to say. OSU dominates but the other schools show up in bowl games.

It looks like an interesting schedule to me. ND is young and talented and should have a lot of success this year. What I am most curious about is Your thoughts on BK becoming the winningest head coach in ND History? He also has lose more games than any HC in ND History. Do you think the NCAA will ever restore the 21 wins vacated several years ago? I don't recognize the NCAA action so BK stands 102-39 .724 IMHO. Does he deserve a statue outside ND Stadium after he retires, if his team doesn't win a National Championship? Which HC has the highest winning percentage in ND Football History?

Reactions: tbonesays
It looks like an interesting schedule to me. ND is young and talented and should have a lot of success this year. What I am most curious about is Your thoughts on BK becoming the winningest head coach in ND History? He also has lose more games than any HC in ND History. Do you think the NCAA will ever restore the 21 wins vacated several years ago? I don't recognize the NCAA action so BK stands 102-39 .724 IMHO. Does he deserve a statue outside ND Stadium after he retires, if his team doesn't win a National Championship? Which HC has the highest winning percentage in ND Football History?
Participation Statue!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT