ADVERTISEMENT

Sammy Heisman

Notre Dame du Lac

Posts Like A Champion
Oct 9, 2021
We should be top 5 preseason. If Hartman had been on our team this past season, we’d probably be in the playoffs. This makes us instantly a playoff level team. Talking heads are agreeing.

Ticket prices for next season have already soared since Hartman committed.

This should help improve the ‘24 class bc Hartman is instant credibility. Wins will equal more recruits.

If you’re a 6’5 wide receiver on the fence about the portal or NFL and you have Hartman at ND, why not ND?

The portal should improve WR, OL, RB, etc.

Hartman was a huge mentor to younger QBs at Wake. This will help Buchner, Minchey, and Carr.

The talking heads are already putting ND in top 5 or 6. Heisman potential without a doubt if ND is a top 5-6 team.

NDs players improve Hartman as much as Hartman improves ND. That’s a scary thought.

Freeman can walk into that first team meeting and say to his team, you came here knowing we have the goal of championship. Now we can win a NC.

This decision has so many unseen positive consequences we are only beginning to see it. Now the staff needs to convince Buchner to play his cards right like Tennessee’s QB room. Get a little better, learn from Sam, and you’re a 2 year starter.

Last edited:
Reactions: ftnfan62
I don't know about any of that shit. We have pretty good RBs, that seems fair to say. Not the most awesome RB room in the country or nothing, but not bad. Definitely decent. And potentially a monster OL, which is the big one for the offensive side of the ball. WR/TEs are totally unproven, and are a huge question mark, in both quantity and quality. Which I suppose could be the real reason SH was brought in. To offset that deficiency in the pass game. You can't have both questionable WR/TES as well as a questionable passing QB. Because that's a recipe for another 8-4 season.

So maybe that's the SH effect. To raise the basic equation in our passing game.....

Reactions: jerbach
We should be top 5 preseason. If Hartman had been on our team this past season, we’d probably be in the playoffs. This makes us instantly a playoff level team. Talking heads are agreeing.

This should help improve the ‘24 class bc Hartman is instant credibility. Wins will equal more recruits.

If you’re a 6’5 wide receiver on the fence about the portal or NFL and you have Hartman at ND, why not ND?

Hartman was a huge mentor to younger QBs at Wake. This will help Buchner, Minchey, and Carr.

The talking heads are already putting ND in top 5 or 6. Heisman potential without a doubt if ND is a top 5-6 team.

NDs players improve Hartman as much as Hartman improves ND. That’s a scary thought.

Freeman can walk into that first team meeting and say to his team, you came here knowing we have the goal of championship. Now we can win a NC.

This decision has so many unseen positive consequences we are only beginning to see it. Now the staff needs to convince Buchner to play his cards right like Tennessee’s QB room. Get a little better, learn from Sam, and you’re a 2 year starter.
Wtf are you talking about? Hartman will be gone by 2024 so he isn't helping that class.

Nd should have a good offense next year, but it's not a given and it's transitioning from te centric to wr centric. Hartman should ease that transition, but it's very different in philosophy than in the past.

The Heisman hype is laughable preseason click bait. If ND goes undefeated and gets to the playoffs and Hartman has 3700 yards, yeah he will go. If they go 8-4 and he has 4500 yards he isn't sniffing New York. The preseason hype is needed to get attention on the program, but success on the field is needed which brings us to...

The defense. Even if Hartman gets us to 40 pts a game and avoids his streaks of multiple interceptions ... The defense is covering major issues. The front seven as it is is going to seriously struggle against power running teams. The issues at safety are also a year away from being resolved. I like watt, but the other safety spot is an issue. I also believe 100% that the ok st transfer will play more nickel than safety. If he moves to safety there is a concern at nickel cb.

And the oline.

For all the shit Buchner took for the gator bowl the oline sucked. He had to play on the run or on his back foot all game because the o line was letting 4 men through consistently and it wasn't one or two guys. Alt and Patterson were also beat regularly. Hartman isn't a running threat. If the oline doesn't get substantially better none of this will matter because Hartman can't play from his back.

The potential upside with Hartman is nice....but...

He is here only one year.
Moreover...
If Carr and Minchey are all that they're not sitting behind Buchner.

Buchner can learn all he wants but he can't learn accuracy.
He can become more efficient but he'll never throw the ball with pinpoint precision. It's not who he is.

In CFB today with the portal if you have a diamond you need to play said diamond otherwise it's adios.

Hartman will be a huge asset to Minchey. Freeman understands the importance of winning now not later. Hartman is going to take ND to the playoffs in 2023. Buchner would not do that.

The potential upside with Hartman is nice....but...

He is here only one year.
Moreover...
If Carr and Minchey are all that they're not sitting behind Buchner.

Buchner can learn all he wants but he can't learn accuracy.
He can become more efficient but he'll never throw the ball with pinpoint precision. It's not who he is.

In CFB today with the portal if you have a diamond you need to play said diamond otherwise it's adios.
This is an inaccurate description.

Buchner doesn't have accuracy issues from a throwing standpoint. He has technical issues with getting his feet set. This leads to over and under throws, it's actually quite similar to the issues Brandon wimbish had, only no where near as bad. Wimbish had a horrible QB coach that really messed him up. Tyler has Rees, he just needs to play

This is VERY COACHABLE

No freshmen is starting for Rees. Sorry to burst your bubble. It's not happening unless forced. Minchey and Carr know that.

Reactions: Ndapolis1
Wtf are you talking about? Hartman will be gone by 2024 so he isn't helping that class.

Nd should have a good offense next year, but it's not a given and it's transitioning from te centric to wr centric. Hartman should ease that transition, but it's very different in philosophy than in the past.

The Heisman hype is laughable preseason click bait. If ND goes undefeated and gets to the playoffs and Hartman has 3700 yards, yeah he will go. If they go 8-4 and he has 4500 yards he isn't sniffing New York. The preseason hype is needed to get attention on the program, but success on the field is needed which brings us to...

The defense. Even if Hartman gets us to 40 pts a game and avoids his streaks of multiple interceptions ... The defense is covering major issues. The front seven as it is is going to seriously struggle against power running teams. The issues at safety are also a year away from being resolved. I like watt, but the other safety spot is an issue. I also believe 100% that the ok st transfer will play more nickel than safety. If he moves to safety there is a concern at nickel cb.

And the oline.

For all the shit Buchner took for the gator bowl the oline sucked. He had to play on the run or on his back foot all game because the o line was letting 4 men through consistently and it wasn't one or two guys. Alt and Patterson were also beat regularly. Hartman isn't a running threat. If the oline doesn't get substantially better none of this will matter because Hartman can't play from his back.
Hartman won’t be in if nd goes 8-4…unless D is so bad he would have to be playing poorly to go 8-4

He’s aslo enough of a running threat to keep defenses honest, especially around goal line, but yeah he’s not Buchner

Defense does concern me, I hope Mickey is good enough to be our nickel and back up corner and Turner is free safety watts strong. Dj brown and Lewis or Barnes backup

Hartman won’t be in if nd goes 8-4…unless D is so bad he would have to be playing poorly to go 8-4

He’s aslo enough of a running threat to keep defenses honest, especially around goal line, but yeah he’s not Buchner

Defense does concern me, I hope Mickey is good enough to be our nickel and back up corner and Turner is free safety watts strong. Dj brown and Lewis or Barnes backup
Harper will be the nickel

Reactions: mirer03
I’m

ND will not be 8-4 with Hartman unless the defense is a major disappointment. No chance at 8-4. The defense is sketch being another year of regression with Al Washington a DL coach.

Hartman will be a huge asset to Minchey. Freeman understands the importance of winning now not later. Hartman is going to take ND to the playoffs in 2023. Buchner would not do that.
Winning is in correlation to recruiting. Too many 8-4 seasons and recruiting plummets. Freeman knows this.

This is an inaccurate description.

Buchner doesn't have accuracy issues from a throwing standpoint. He has technical issues with getting his feet set. This leads to over and under throws, it's actually quite similar to the issues Brandon wimbish had, only no where near as bad. Wimbish had a horrible QB coach that really messed him up. Tyler has Rees, he just needs to play

This is VERY COACHABLE

No freshmen is starting for Rees. Sorry to burst your bubble. It's not happening unless forced. Minchey and Carr know that.
I wish Buchner was accurate. His running can demoralize a defense.

Buchner is inaccurate. Period.
My issues with Buchner’s INACCURATE throws aren't sailing the ball or short hopping.
He's off the mark far too often left and right. Some cases it's a yard or more off target which is 3 plus feet. It's really bad when he throws a mid range....(mid range to most people but it's about the furthest he's got and another issue altogether)

As far as your Wimbush comparisons....what is this now? A pissing contest on awarding the least accurate crown?

We've a better collective team today than the Wimbush era. Yeah I know Book was the savior...which I told y'all he was going to start in a few weeks and most people's response was Book is the backup for a reason
(the very same who now want to erect a Book statue outside the main gate)🙄🙄🙄🙄

Wimbush was inaccurate. Buchner is inaccurate. Who gives a shit which one was worse. Incompletions and turnovers hurt all the same.

As far as your simple fixes by coaching in either party's case
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Utterly comical.
We're talking foothall at nearly the highest level, right? If it was just that simple as "the right QB coach" christ every team would have a great QB.
Hell they can just video QBing 101.

Do you really think @ ND or any top football school they're thinking...boy why didn't we think to get him a proper QB coach. Never seen that coming. If we only could've thought to bring in the QB professor all of playerX's problems go away.
All those hours at practice. All the skeketon drills and nobody coaching the offense can see this simple and easy fix?

Apparently "the right" QB coach was just too expensive to add to the staff.

If Buchner was accurate little things can be polished.

He's not an accurate passer

Buchner might get better with another year and being mentored under Hartman. Hartman might be as good a mentor as Rees. He played a lot more than Rees and is wildly more successful. Hell, he's been around the game almost as long as Rees 🤣

Hartman is easily just as good as Bennett and Duggan, the two QB's in the game tonight. No reason Hartman cannot elevate us to that level.

Buchner might get better with another year and being mentored under Hartman. Hartman might be as good a mentor as Rees. He played a lot more than Rees and is wildly more successful. Hell, he's been around the game almost as long as Rees 🤣
I heard Hartman was older than Rees.

Just what I heard

• Haha
Reactions: NDinNJ and ohio1980
Duggan is better. I think Bennett too
Bennett is like the early days Bama qbs under saban, he looks really good and does good not screwing up while making a few key plays. There is so little pressure on him normally due to the extremely good oline, wrs, tes, rbs, and Defense he's played behind and with for the last 3 years.

He's done a great job, but I like Hartmans abilities much more. Slightly bigger, more accurate, and slightly more athletic.

We'll see how duggan looks tonight, he's going to have to play really well to make this a game.

I really think you're underestimating how poor an oline wake had.

Reactions: tbone3114
Bennett is like the early days Bama qbs under saban, he looks really good and does good not screwing up while making a few key plays. There is so little pressure on him normally due to the extremely good oline, wrs, tes, rbs, and Defense he's played behind and with for the last 3 years.

He's done a great job, but I like Hartmans abilities much more. Slightly bigger, more accurate, and slightly more athletic.

We'll see how duggan looks tonight, he's going to have to play really well to make this a game.

I really think you're underestimating how poor an oline wake had.
Ans I think you are underestimating what Bennett has brought to their offense. Bennett is more athletic than Hartman.

Bennett also pays against better teams and better defense. That Clawson system is better than you think

Absolutely.
Driskell said today Duggan is a 5th round pick. Hartman was called a fifth round pick when he asked for a prospect on his draft status. He’s coming to ND bc he can make a lot in NIL and thinks he can become a 3rd or 4th round pick. So he’s already at least as good as Duggan. THE NFLs biggest criticism of him was the slow mesh. He won’t run that at ND

Driskell said today Duggan is a 5th round pick. Hartman was called a fifth round pick when he asked for a prospect on his draft status. He’s coming to ND bc he can make a lot in NIL and thinks he can become a 3rd or 4th round pick. So he’s already at least as good as Duggan. THE NFLs biggest criticism of him was the slow mesh. He won’t run that at ND
Hartman was a 6th or 7th rd guy from what Ive read. I can see Duggan in the 4th or 5th.

Hartman was a 6th or 7th rd guy from what Ive read. I can see Duggan in the 4th or 5th.
It depends on what you read and who you listen to. He’s either fantastic and can spray the ball over the field and make all the big passes. Or he’s short and runs too much. Fact is he was projected as a late rounder but most feel that was due to the slow mesh and that he can improve his draft stock quite a bit if he’s successful at ND. ND is very different from Wake and it should make him look even better given that when he did drop back and was out of the slow mesh he looked really good.

It depends on what you read and who you listen to. He’s either fantastic and can spray the ball over the field and make all the big passes. Or he’s short and runs too much. Fact is he was projected as a late rounder but most feel that was due to the slow mesh and that he can improve his draft stock quite a bit if he’s successful at ND. ND is very different from Wake and it should make him look even better given that when he did drop back and was out of the slow mesh he looked really good.
I dont think is because of the slow mesh. I think it's because of his physical ablility.

Nfl will draft players from anywhere that they think has big talent

Duggan was bad last week and looks flustered early

I’ll take Hartman over him

Would love to eat my words and duggan has first good game vs non no defense big 12

Duggan was bad last week and looks flustered early

I’ll take Hartman over him

Would love to eat my words and duggan has first good game vs non no defense big 12
Hartman would get eaten alive against Ga

Bennett is more athletic than people think and more athletic than Hartman

I dont think is because of the slow mesh. I think it's because of his physical ablility.

Nfl will draft players from anywhere that they think has big talent
Stetson Bennet is an example of an elite college QB. He scores with his legs and his arm. He won’t be elite in the NFL. I don’t need Josh Allen.

I’m

ND will not be 8-4 with Hartman unless the defense is a major disappointment. No chance at 8-4. The defense is sketch being another year of regression with Al Washington a DL coach.
Nd isn't surviving 3 int games with Hartman. Not happening. Everyone needs to accept Hartman throws a bunch of picks and usually does it in succession. You don't get the good without the bad.

Lol. Tommy Rees isn't going to let him throw random jump balls like wake did. He's going to be expected to make the RIGHT read and dump off to the safety valve. At Wake it was simple. If safety comes down or plays off you throw deep one on one....every time.

Hartman would get eaten alive against Ga

Bennett is more athletic than people think and more athletic than Hartman
Behind wakes oline for sure…. Nds line gave book all day vs a better Georgia D

Nd isn't surviving 3 int games with Hartman. Not happening. Everyone needs to accept Hartman throws a bunch of picks and usually does it in succession. You don't get the good without the bad.
Of course not, but we shouldn’t be giving up 35 a game forcing the offense to score 40 to beat an ok team. Wake couldn’t run the ball vs an ok defense

ADVERTISEMENT