ADVERTISEMENT

Saban Still Cryin 😪

raulduke_007

I've posted how many times?
Jan 5, 2010
For those keeping score:

Saban's bagman has long been exposed

Saban fine with NIL but not with other schools having collectives except of course Alabama has a collective.

Saban sounding the alarm to the alumni that his huge advantage in recruiting is gone & instead of finishing 1st every year they might have to accept settling for 2nd or 3rd.

We know, everyone is "dirty" except Notre Dame! ND does things the right way, all A+ students, future world leaders, never do anything wrong. Just so tired of the pompous attitude of some fans about ND and the holier than thou attitude.

We know, everyone is "dirty" except Notre Dame! ND does things the right way, all A+ students, future world leaders, never do anything wrong. Just so tired of the pompous attitude of some fans about ND and the holier than thou attitude.
It's not about that. It's about Saban's hypocrisy calling out another school claiming they bought a recruiting class, when Alabama had been doing it for years behind closed doors. Now that it's legal, and schools with far deeper pockets are doing it, it's not fair. Saban is a great coach, but he's a complete hypocrite when it comes to NIL.

Way to completely miss the point. But since you brought it up, let’s be honest. Name another D1 school that compares to ND when it comes to finding the right mix of what a student athlete should be. ND is the gold standard of combining athletic and academic excellence. Calling ND fans sanctimonious or arrogant won’t change that fact. If you don’t like it, cry about it to people who care.

Last edited:
Cool story

They do need to regulate it more though. So I agree with him on that. It's getting out of hand, with what schools like Texas A&M are doing.
It's like many head shaking things in life these days. Anyone with half a brain could see the NCAA was going to have a nightmare on their hands eventually with the lax rules they have in place currently. But instead of putting in the work and being out ahead of it, they have now completely screwed the pooch and will be in catch up mode, putting out fires, dealing with ambiguities, etc. Just another NCAA screw up.

Im pleasantly suprised a major media show called BS on Saban. Hope the other shows pile on...

They do need to regulate it more though. So I agree with him on that. It's getting out of hand, with what schools like Texas A&M are doing.
They can't regulate it, don't you get it?? I don't know if you're stupid and ignorant, and you just don't get it or don't understand. Or if there's any difference between the two. Or if it's more of the more or less magical thinking that you guys are so used to turning to to make sense of things at this point in your lives.

And so unless we have some violent revolution in this country, which is totally possible, we're probably going to remain a nation of laws, in which case there won't be any more 'regulation', or at least not the kind you're thinking of. The NCAA is not allowed to restrict these players from making money. And that's the only thing anyone wants to 'regulate'.

That would be one of the interesting implications of a right-wing coup d'etat of the nation. You guys would still totally want your football, even in the bloody aftermath... And you would seemingly have the power to, with now dictatorial authority, set shit up any way you'd want. I guess we'd just go back to the way it was? I don't know. That would totally be an interesting sidelight....

Anyways, short of that, apparently it's going to be handled on a state by state basis, and I know how much you guys love states' rights.... And I guess that's where the bulk of the legal power rests and will rest. Along with the always influential SCOTUS....So they will pass laws, state by state, that declare and I guess make binding, what's legal and what isn't. And no states anywhere including in total conservative states seem to want to go back to the way it was. I don't think that's happening anywhere. They're all coming up with different but similar versions of rules regimes that more fully facilitate the paying of players and which serve to legalize the practice, rather than blocking it or obstructing it or limiting it or discouraging it....

I'm visualizing wealthy booster types, and people with influence, flexing their muscle and connections in their respective statehouses, and they don't give a F what peon/peasant fans think. And they want to get on with it. They're into it, they want to pay the players, and they want the whole process to be as legal as possible, so they don't have to hide anything, nor do they particularly want to face any sort of legal jeopardy or whatnot for participating in the paying of players. And even though the rank and file long for the days when all these black athletes were forced to toil for no pay and no pension... as always the wealthy don't give a F what you want, and they got their own agenda.....

Last edited:
Well that certainly took a turn

If A&M doesn’t win a NC will the alumni pay out another $30 million next year? Or the following year or the year after that? I think this NIL will work itself out.

Deion Sanders had the best response to Saban.

Sanders, who has done several Aflac insurance commercials with Saban, also issued a warning. As a former NFL star who has relationships with dozens of players he met either when he covered the draft for 14 years as an employee of NFL Network or as a head coach at the Under Armour All-America Game, Sanders said coaches don’t want him talking about what he knows when it comes to paying players.

“I don’t even wear a watch and I know what time it is. They forget I know who’s been bringing the bag and dropping it off,” Sanders said. “I know this stuff. I’m not the one you want to play with when it comes to all of this stuff.”

Reactions: HarlemIrish
It's not about that. It's about Saban's hypocrisy calling out another school claiming they bought a recruiting class, when Alabama had been doing it for years behind closed doors. Now that it's legal, and schools with far deeper pockets are doing it, it's not fair. Saban is a great coach, but he's a complete hypocrite when it comes to NIL.
X2. Yo Saban you are a great CFB coach along with Urban because you monopolize the great players. Both of you guys were exposed in the NFL where hard salary caps & drafts matter.

Sanders, who has done several Aflac insurance commercials with Saban, also issued a warning. As a former NFL star who has relationships with dozens of players he met either when he covered the draft for 14 years as an employee of NFL Network or as a head coach at the Under Armour All-America Game, Sanders said coaches don’t want him talking about what he knows when it comes to paying players.

“I don’t even wear a watch and I know what time it is. They forget I know who’s been bringing the bag and dropping it off,” Sanders said. “I know this stuff. I’m not the one you want to play with when it comes to all of this stuff.”
Ha ha. Boy that’s really rich of Saban.

WTF does I don't wear a watch but I know what time is mean? Is that Deion's way of saying he knows the score, he knows where the bodies are buried, or some other cool idiomatic language? I will admit when I listen to prime time talking, in whatever circumstance, half the time I'm like, 'wtf is he talking about exactly?'

Anyway, apparently he put little Nick Saban in his place. Which is good, as Saban really has been sounding off like a bitch these last several days. I just want someone of note, some former player or other prominent advocate for athletes that would have their ear and get their attention, to explain to these players, both current and future, that Nick Saban is your enemy, with the way he's talking. He's your effin' overlord. This man doesn't want to turn you into an NFL player, this motherfcker wants to take money out of your pocket, and you are listening to him brag about this fact on his extra tall soap box so he can reach the microphone. To lecture the nation on how it's better off for everyone if athletes don't make a shit, and aren't even ALLOWED to make shit. Or, maybe they're allowed to make shit, but not much more than that...

That's what that little bitch Nick Saban is preaching. And someone needs to properly translate that, for these, I gotta say, fairly lame bunch of athletes that can't show just a little more solidarity and awareness and righteousness in their own basic self-interest.... But they're just HS kids, pretty much, or college underclassmen. Which is why they get abused and exploited so readily.....

WTF does I don't wear a watch but I know what time is mean? Is that Deion's way of saying he knows the score, he knows where the bodies are buried, or some other cool idiomatic language? I will admit when I listen to prime time talking, in whatever circumstance, half the time I'm like, 'wtf is he talking about exactly?'

Anyway, apparently he put little Nick Saban in his place. Which is good, as Saban really has been sounding off like a bitch these last several days. I just want someone of note, some former player or other prominent advocate for athletes that would have their ear and get their attention, to explain to these players, both current and future, that Nick Saban is your enemy, with the way he's talking. He's your effin' overlord. This man doesn't want to turn you into an NFL player, this motherfcker wants to take money out of your pocket, and you are listening to him brag about this fact on his extra tall soap box so he can reach the microphone. To lecture the nation on how it's better off for everyone if athletes don't make a shit, and aren't even ALLOWED to make shit. Or, maybe they're allowed to make shit, but not much more than that...

That's what that little bitch Nick Saban is preaching. And someone needs to properly translate that, for these, I gotta say, fairly lame bunch of athletes that can't show just a little more solidarity and awareness and righteousness in their own basic self-interest.... But they're just HS kids, pretty much, or college underclassmen. Which is why they get abused and exploited so readily.....
you don't know what that means? But you are so woke.....vomit....

They can't regulate it, don't you get it?? I don't know if you're stupid and ignorant, and you just don't get it or don't understand. Or if there's any difference between the two. Or if it's more of the more or less magical thinking that you guys are so used to turning to to make sense of things at this point in your lives.

And so unless we have some violent revolution in this country, which is totally possible, we're probably going to remain a nation of laws, in which case there won't be any more 'regulation', or at least not the kind you're thinking of. The NCAA is not allowed to restrict these players from making money. And that's the only thing anyone wants to 'regulate'.

That would be one of the interesting implications of a right-wing coup d'etat of the nation. You guys would still totally want your football, even in the bloody aftermath... And you would seemingly have the power to, with now dictatorial authority, set shit up any way you'd want. I guess we'd just go back to the way it was? I don't know. That would totally be an interesting sidelight....

Anyways, short of that, apparently it's going to be handled on a state by state basis, and I know how much you guys love states' rights.... And I guess that's where the bulk of the legal power rests and will rest. Along with the always influential SCOTUS....So they will pass laws, state by state, that declare and I guess make binding, what's legal and what isn't. And no states anywhere including in total conservative states seem to want to go back to the way it was. I don't think that's happening anywhere. They're all coming up with different but similar versions of rules regimes that more fully facilitate the paying of players and which serve to legalize the practice, rather than blocking it or obstructing it or limiting it or discouraging it....

I'm visualizing wealthy booster types, and people with influence, flexing their muscle and connections in their respective statehouses, and they don't give a F what peon/peasant fans think. And they want to get on with it. They're into it, they want to pay the players, and they want the whole process to be as legal as possible, so they don't have to hide anything, nor do they particularly want to face any sort of legal jeopardy or whatnot for participating in the paying of players. And even though the rank and file long for the days when all these black athletes were forced to toil for no pay and no pension... as always the wealthy don't give a F what you want, and they got their own agenda.....
They can regulate it on the donor side, it's just you're to into your 20 page diatribe's.

uh-oh - Deion threatening to break the cardinal rule.

Saban didn't say anything about 17-year-old kids and their families. So that's a false accusation by Fisher. Then he got personal on Saban - which Saban hadn't done in the first place. So I think Fisher's clearly in the wrong here. That guy's a weasel.
Yes he is - and so is Saban

Reactions: Golson5
No they can't. You effin' retard....

What it is like to have a 90 IQ, and to be slow-witted and stupid and desperate and pathetic and generally horrible? What's it like to be such a complete cretin??? Seriously, you have parents that have no choice but to love you. And they're like, duty bound to do it, or they're bad people. And I literally shudder to think that you have a wife and/or family. That's incredible to even contemplate. I mean it really is....

In any case the NCAA can try to do whatever they want, and there's nothing stopping them from putting every last school on probation for NIL shit right now today, including ND, for any number of reason that they say violate their own arbitrary rules regime. But they don't dare, because it would be declared unconstitutional. Or they would be sued. Schools and programs and boosters are calling their bluff, daring them to crack the whip, and presumably ready to take the NCAA to court if they tried to impose arbitrary restraints on players' ability to make money, in the same way they've already been pretty explicitly forbidden from doing so by the courts. Or however one might characterize the SCOTUS' comprehensive condemnation of the NCAA's racket. Or programs might simply ignore the NCAA as if they're not even there. They don't have no army, they can't do anything to Texas A&M or Miami. And their legitimacy is already hanging by a thread....

For someone like yourself, who probably actively fantasizes about being a slave-owner on a daily basis, reality, and the various parameters and laws of both man and nature that govern it.... means nothing to you, it only exists to augment your demented fantasy world. And so if it's at all possible to plausibly portray reality in a way that better suits your fantasy world, then you're gonna do it. And of course the NCAA feverishly wants to return to the old exploitative status quo, as do the member institutions, like ND. But they can't, because they have no power to do so. They have no real jurisdiction, and you got to try come to grips with that part of the equation. And not just blandly/willfully ignore it. Or in your case, it's entirely possible you really don't even intellectually grasp that part of it, and the homely mainstream sports media dutifully reports on the NCAA's vain efforts, and threats, which is all you care about. And all you really want to do is preen, and put on a cocky alpha-dog pretense, so you scan the internet for anything that might back you up, like this vacuous article you linked. And that's a day in the life of fantasy-world dudes like you in the year 2022.....

So you should throw all your slave-owner hopes into the prospect of some sort of sudden moral/philosophical revulsion transpiring at the state level, and that they pass state laws all over the nation with strict NIL prohibitions and even stricter penalties if you're ever caught violating them. Maybe even going to jail. That's your best bet for a return to your beloved plantation system.....
Go crawl back into your parents basement. You lack any semblance of reading comprehension. No one, and I mean NO ONE on this forum likes you. You are a pariah.

Well, you have to admit that ND’s academic standards for admisdion and retention are higher than 98 % of the schools they compete against.

You also have to admit that ND graduates an incredibly high percentage of its scholarship athletes, again more than 98 % of the schools they compete against.

How are either of those two statements “pompous” ?

Those are fact based statements !

Another fact is that every school has fans with a pompous attitude, so why single out ND. ?

What school do you root for or support ?

Reactions: NDinNJ
Go crawl back into your parents basement. You lack any semblance of reading comprehension. No one, and I mean NO ONE on this forum likes you. You are a pariah.
Now you're calling me a pariah. You probably feel pretty good about that, that's a big word for you....

In any case, really?? Nobody likes me on this board? Wow, I had no idea! This is certainly news to me and very upsetting. I'm going to take this to heart you can be darn tootin'!

And can you never mention reading comprehension ever again? You guys are steadily draining the very concept of all meaning with your repeated improper references to how your adversaries are always lacking it. Yeah, I comprehended what you said, idiot. I just ignore it and shit on it. And sometimes try to explain how incredibly stupid you are, just in general, as well as how specifcally stupid you are in a particular subject matter. Maybe that's what psychologists theorize as the phenomenon of 'projection', because you really don't comprehend shit yourself. You actively avoid appreciating perspectives that are unpleasant for you, and I'm not sure how well you'd understand shit if it were carefully and slowly explained to you. And yet you're always accusing others of lacking it....

Agreed, he doesn’t want his fiefdom diminished and surpassed by competitors

Now you're calling me a pariah. You probably feel pretty good about that, that's a big word for you....

In any case, really?? Nobody likes me on this board? Wow, I had no idea! This is certainly news to me and very upsetting. I'm going to take this to heart you can be darn tootin'!

And can you never mention reading comprehension ever again? You guys are steadily draining the very concept of all meaning with your repeated improper references to how your adversaries are always lacking it. Yeah, I comprehended what you said, idiot. I just ignore it and shit on it. And sometimes try to explain how incredibly stupid you are, just in general, as well as how specifcally stupid you are in a particular subject matter. Maybe that's what psychologists theorize as the phenomenon of 'projection', because you really don't comprehend shit yourself. You actively avoid appreciating perspectives that are unpleasant for you, and I'm not sure how well you'd understand shit if it were carefully and slowly explained to you. And yet you're always accusing others of lacking it....
You are starting to bore me.

It's really incredible how far people can go here without getting banned. That guy is just....the absolute worst.

But hey, "everyone should be able to say whatever they want" and all. Give me a freaking break.

It's really incredible how far people can go here without getting banned. That guy is just....the absolute worst.

But hey, "everyone should be able to say whatever they want" and all. Give me a freaking break.
It must be a little tough for someone like you. You hate all these guys as much as I do, but you hate me even more..... Because I'm such an attention whore. Which in the end is all you really care about, that's all social media's about, really. Validation.... Validation, baby! As there would be no reason for you to want me to be banned, other than jealousy, or something along those lines, given the basic affinity between our respective sentiments.....

I bet you're totally in favor of harsh crackdowns on free speech and increased censorship by social media companies. You REEK of being that type. Decorum, precious decorum! I'm totally saying all the shit you'd love to say, but since you're too dickless to say it yourself, you resent that someone else is saying it. You have to be the one to say it, and it can't make you uncomfortable at all. Otherwise I'm just as crazy as these unfortunate souls. Or even better, I'm way worse than them.

It's classic.....

Way to completely miss the point. But since you brought it up, let’s be honest. Name another D1 school that compares to ND when it comes to finding the right mix of what a student athlete should be. ND is the gold standard of combining athletic and academic excellence. Calling ND fans sanctimonious or arrogant won’t change that fact. If you don’t like it, cry about it to people who care.
Stanford? Northwestern? If not for Geography I would like to see a league form of the best Division I Academic schools.

Hey OP, can we just “cancel” Jimbo? It would be one thing I’d agree with you on. Sounds like you’re a Jimbo fan, so I’m not surprised. You’re one of the dumbest posters period.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT