ADVERTISEMENT

Rumors of Golden as candidates for NFL Job

Get Nasty

I've posted how many times?
Jul 26, 2006
Seems real, and he never moved his family to ND per ND writers.

ND OFF SEASON BABY!

Not sure if possible....but honestly I would put in a 2 year minimum commitment for assistant coaches. I would perhaps allow a couple of exceptions....i.e. offered head coaching job but if I am going to commit to you how about you commit to me? Reasonable?

Not sure if possible....but honestly I would put in a 2 year minimum commitment for assistant coaches. I would perhaps allow a couple of exceptions....i.e. offered head coaching job but if I am going to commit to you how about you commit to me? Reasonable?
Great...but in today's world you'd only get garbage coaches.

Christ they let the player get in the star trek portal now every other week....

Yet the adults in the room must commit?

Not gonna fly

Reactions: Kelso86
No way. Doesn't work in that business.

Both are gone and at a point in time when all the other good coaches have already been scooped up. Should play out very well for our future. Not.

Both are gone and at a point in time when all the other good coaches have already been scooped up. Should play out very well for our future. Not.
Huh ? You don't think others would leave their current jobs too ? Not sure how he'd feel about recruiting but a guy like Steve Wilks would be tremendous. A pipe dream for sure.

This is two coordinators potentially leaving after one year fully in role, and not doing that great of a job. Both O and D were average. I’d expect this after getting to cfp next year, not after 9-4

This is two coordinators potentially leaving after one year fully in role, and not doing that great of a job. Both O and D were average. I’d expect this after getting to cfp next year, not after 9-4
I think it's just a little bad luck on our part, as far as the timing. You have Alabama losing their OC to the NFL and then Saban deciding that he wants ours, while apparently at the same time Golden's former boss at Cincinnati is in line for an NFL HC job, opening a job potentially for Golden in the NFL. Oh, well.

I think it's just a little bad luck on our part, as far as the timing. You have Alabama losing their OC to the NFL and then Saban deciding that he wants ours, while apparently at the same time Golden's former boss at Cincinnati is in line for an NFL HC job, opening a job potentially for Golden in the NFL. Oh, well.
Yeah, but a stronger program and or ad and or HC wouldn’t have people even listening to moves that aren’t clearly next step up

Yeah, but a stronger program and or ad and or HC wouldn’t have people even listening to moves that aren’t clearly next step up
An NFL DC job would be a step up for Golden. And as far as Rees, obviously we've all been discussing in other threads why he'd take that job.

Losing Golden would not be bad luck

Reactions: NDinNJ
Bama lost their DC too. It's what happens when people do a good job.

Reactions: Classic Irish
Now you want both back but you didn't like them all year. Do you ever stop complaining.

Neither would be huge losses. Both can be upgraded

You complain to complain
He is a basket case.

Golden isn't going to get an DC job in the NFL . I think he is better off in college.

Ohio State, Clemson, Georgia, USC, LSU coordinators would not leave for the same position at Bama. ND is fading.

Golden wants to be at ND, if he and Freeman succeed he will be a college HC again.

ADVERTISEMENT