max williams
Isaiah Rutherford
Julius Buelow
Cornelius Johnson
Tristian Sinclair
Bralen Trice
Genson Hooper-Price
aeneas Dicosmo

Anybody I'm missing or any names floating that may have some interest. From that list I'd really like to get Johnson, vimahi, Sinclair and a DE.

Rouse
RB from Texas

Would be shocked if Sinclair ends up here----------ditto Buelow

I wouldn’t say “shocked” anymore.

Onviously at first it was a long shot with his dad playing at Stanford & all his family going to Cal & West Coast schools.

But evidently both his visits to ND have been homerun visits & he says they were his favorite.
He was going to announce by now but since has said he is not going to until the fall which means ND can get him back for a game.

It sounds as if ND is actually his favorite but he has to decide if he wants to leave the West Coast or not. So I would say if ND can get him back for a game day atmosphere they will have a good chance.

From what I see the list looks like
ennok vimahi
max williams
Isaiah Rutherford
Julius Buelow
Cornelius Johnson
Tristian Sinclair
Bralen Trice
Genson Hooper-Price
aeneas Dicosmo

Anybody I'm missing or any names floating that may have some interest. From that list I'd really like to get Johnson, vimahi, Sinclair and a DE.

They actually are going after Rouse at OT pretty hard.

Rouse

Onviously at first it was a long shot with his dad playing at Stanford & all his family going to Cal & West Coast schools.

But evidently both his visits to ND have been homerun visits & he says they were his favorite.
He was going to announce by now but since has said he is not going to until the fall which means ND can get him back for a game.

It sounds as if ND is actually his favorite but he has to decide if he wants to leave the West Coast or not. So I would say if ND can get him back for a game day atmosphere they will have a good chance.

Maybe actually beating Stanford would help also;)

Rouse

He will have an OV to USC. But I doubt he is a Plan A at SC.

As NDAFArley mentioned, Rouse is a target for sure. I’d be thrilled if we finished with Rouse, Sinclair, Trice and Pokula (sp?).

As NDAFArley mentioned, Rouse is a target for sure. I’d be thrilled if we finished with Rouse, Sinclair, Trice and Pokula (sp?).

I know it’s been said Williams (top 100 nationally ranked CB) is possible. I would take him too.

About recruiting.
We hear comments about offer lists and that some use offer lists as how good a prospect is over the eyes on evaluation ratings. But, now with the knowledge that Sheffield had a non commitable, confirming the existance of non commitable offers, how much strategy goes into the non commitable offers.

Do coaches try to obfuscate, confuse and cloud which which recruits they have as true targets by using the non committable offers? Is the offer list offer like bluffing in poker? They want to make the competitionwork harder. Can coaches by making a non commitable offer actually generate interest in a kid they really have no interest in? it is like going to the auction and not wanting to let the competing bidders know your true interest from the bluff bids.

Could this be an old strategy now made effective with the new interactive real time media access?

About recruiting.
We hear comments about offer lists and that some use offer lists as how good a prospect is over the eyes on evaluation ratings. But, now with the knowledge that Sheffield had a non commitable, confirming the existance of non commitable offers, how much strategy goes into the non commitable offers.

Do coaches try to obfuscate, confuse and cloud which which recruits they have as true targets by using the non committable offers? Is the offer list offer like bluffing in poker? They want to make the competitionwork harder. Can coaches by making a non commitable offer actually generate interest in a kid they really have no interest in? it is like going to the auction and not wanting to let the competing bidders know your true interest from the bluff bids.

Could this be an old strategy now made effective with the new interactive real time media access?
I think this was more of a timing thing. If he had committed months ago ND would have taken his commitment and honored it. Sounds like there was really zero contact and caught the staff off guard. They just got Cam and are really tight on numbers this year. It probably would be a good idea to let the kid know though, even if they didn't think he was still an option. To your question, I have no idea, but recruiting is cut throat.

ADVERTISEMENT