ADVERTISEMENT

Rees is not all that & that is not my opinion but that of many

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
Seems Rees’ spurning of his alma Mater, is not accepted by a lot of people. Those people are not just ND fans but college football fans.
Rees is certainly entitled. To choose his career path for instance.
But it comes - like all decisions - with ramifications.
And he has decided his career path is more enhanced by going to Bama in the identical role he now has.
I think the pushback from many is interesting and just as valid as Rees decision to leave. Let’s just say once again there are ramifications

Here is what our Heisman winner has to say

Tim Brown

@81TimBrown
·
14h

Replying to
@81TimBrown
At least two things. 1) Tommy was very dependent on Kelly and more important, he didnt have the ability to dissect a defense. What we saw is what I call HERO ball! You have a player(mayer) who is better than the person covering and you throw him the ball a zillion times. Make

Tim Brown

@81TimBrown
·
14h

Him the hero. If that doesn't work you lose. I was at a couple of games where it took everything in me not to go knock on the booth window and say give me the call sheet!!! Lol! I truly wish him well, he's gonna need it! Let's Go Irish!

It is nice to see true loyalty.

One man's loyalty is another man's nepotism, and in-breeding. I'm happy to get a new OC, the best on the market we can find, and then begin a new adventure for ND football. And there's no special concern about whether ND coaches are also alums, and thus no additional concern about a lack of loyalty....

Reactions: Kelso86
One man's loyalty is another man's nepotism, and in-breeding. I'm happy to get a new OC, the best on the market we can find, and then begin a new adventure for ND football. And there's no special concern about whether ND coaches are also alums, and thus no additional concern about a lack of loyalty....
I agree and hope we get the Utah oc

Reactions: artemis gordon
There is no loss here. I do not see what Saban sees in him. I know Rees has some NFL contacts that might have some influence.
I am looking forward to a new OC. My choice is Ludwig, Riley at TCU, or Wake’s OC who has gotten more done with less

Theskibro,

If I get you Nick Saban’s phone number will you absolutely guarantee that you will call him and tell him that he made a huge mistake in hiring TR.

Make sure to inform coach Saban of your extensive qualifications and experience in evaluating college football players and coaches.

Also make sure to tell him that you and Tim Brown know far more about coaching and evaluating coaches than he does and that you’re really surprised that Coach Saban didn’t consult with you and Tim Brown prior to hiring TR.

With the creation of this thread you destroyed what little credibility you had left.

I never dreamed that someone could be so obtuse, so blatantly and incredibly stupid, but you proved me wrong.

Realistically he’s only been an offensive coordinator for a short time. He’s still in the beginning his career so to speak. He’s learning. Kelly gave him an opportunity and now he has a chance to learn from the best. We will see how his career goes. There are other coaches out there with more experience who can definitely help the Irish. We shall see who comes onboard. Either way , I’m happy for TR and looking forward to a new offensive direction for ND.

There are a couple we are after that are better than Rees. Saban didn’t make the best pick. He’s not perfect. He did lose to Bk.

There are a couple we are after that are better than Rees. Saban didn’t make the best pick. He’s not perfect. He did lose to Bk.
Email Nick Saban and let him know he made a mistake hiring Tommy Rees as OC. Maybe you can change his mind.

When basically you are claiming the arguably greatest college football coach of at least the last 20 years is full of crap on his decision, one should be prepared to be called a moron.

Amazing how butt hurt they are.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelso86 and sjb75
When basically you are claiming the arguably greatest college football coach of at least the last 20 years is full of crap on his decision, one should be prepared to be called a moron.

Amazing how butt hurt they are.

Coaches come and go
And they sometimes COME BACK.

The CROWNING IRONY here would be for Rees to some day replace FREEMAN. And for whatever reason.

I'm not predicting it, but were I writiing a screenplay, that's exactly how I'd SCRIPT IT. The list of potential scenarios leading up to it is pretty RICH.

From Rees' side of it....a couple of things: What can he learn from Freeman that he can't learn...and then some...from Saban? The resume' boost is obvious, on multiple levels. Add to that the trajectory into the NFL, which by accounts, is the ultimate goal and destination....it appears to be a solid career move for Rees. I don't fault him for that. It's part of the business, and getting exponentially more so with NIL. I think Freeman needs some maturity at the OC position...I hope he hires considerable experience. It is needed.

And they sometimes COME BACK.

The CROWNING IRONY here would be for Rees to some day replace FREEMAN. And for whatever reason.

I'm not predicting it, but were I writiing a screenplay, that's exactly how I'd SCRIPT IT. The list of potential scenarios leading up to it is pretty RICH.
Totally. If he does good at Bama, and say he stays for like three years, and they win a title, and it's three good, successful years.... And MF is about to be fired, let's just say if after four years at ND, he wasn't getting it done and we were winning no more than 8 games a year and so they fired him.....

They could totally hire TR at that point. I don't know if it'd be smart or not to do it, but he'd have the credentials, I would like to think, that he could be considered a serious candidate and they very well could hire him. And we'd owe it all to BK. Who brought TR into this world as it were, to be a viable coach on the CFB scene, even at his young age....

Seems Rees’ spurning of his alma Mater, is not accepted by a lot of people. Those people are not just ND fans but college football fans.
Rees is certainly entitled. To choose his career path for instance.
But it comes - like all decisions - with ramifications.
And he has decided his career path is more enhanced by going to Bama in the identical role he now has.
I think the pushback from many is interesting and just as valid as Rees decision to leave. Let’s just say once again there are ramifications

Here is what our Heisman winner has to say

Tim Brown

@81TimBrown
·
14h

Replying to
@81TimBrown
At least two things. 1) Tommy was very dependent on Kelly and more important, he didnt have the ability to dissect a defense. What we saw is what I call HERO ball! You have a player(mayer) who is better than the person covering and you throw him the ball a zillion times. Make

Tim Brown

@81TimBrown
·
14h

Him the hero. If that doesn't work you lose. I was at a couple of games where it took everything in me not to go knock on the booth window and say give me the call sheet!!! Lol! I truly wish him well, he's gonna need it! Let's Go Irish!

It is nice to see true loyalty.
The fact is Kelly should have NEVER hired Rees in the first place. Rees needed to go to some MAC school to cut his teeth. The only reason Kelly hired Rees as OC was so he could keep his thumb firmly on the offense.

Reactions: Ndapolis1
Totally. If he does good at Bama, and say he stays for like three years, and they win a title, and it's three good, successful years.... And MF is about to be fired, let's just say if after four years at ND, he wasn't getting it done and we were winning no more than 8 games a year and so they fired him.....

They could totally hire TR at that point. I don't know if it'd be smart or not to do it, but he'd have the credentials, I would like to think, that he could be considered a serious candidate and they very well could hire him. And we'd owe it all to BK. Who brought TR into this world as it were, to be a viable coach on the CFB scene, even at his young age....
That's certainly one scenario.

Alternatively, Rees could succeed SABAN in three years or so.

And here's one thing that's never discussed. Was Rees not FREDO in the succession sequence at ND? Was he not in fact "passed over" in favor of Freeman, ND's MICHAEL?

Thing is, I don't see Rees as a FREDO. Instead, he seems ambitious and GOAL-ORIENTED. And who knows what particular LONG-GAME he's playing?

It's going to be interesting watching this all PLAY OUT.

ADVERTISEMENT