ADVERTISEMENT

Reece and Herbie shut the hell up

Not sure why either. The media gets on a roll and can’t let it go. If ND routes Syracuse opinions will quickly change. If not, maybe they’re right. If they ND wins big and the media doesn’t give them props, then God help them.

Not sure why either. The media gets on a roll and can’t let it go. If ND routes Syracuse opinions will quickly change. If not, maybe they’re right. If they ND wins big and the media doesn’t give them props, then God help them.
Not sure bout that. Syracuse is highly over ranked. I expect ND to go undefeated. Your chance to shut up some of the media might have to wait till the playoffs against clemson

The what if scenarios were fun to debate. Galloway saying Bama could lose by more than 20 against UGA in the sec title game and still easily get the 4th spot. I hate the thought of giving a team a playoff spot after getting drilled in their final game. In that case too bad UM. I guess they don’t control their own destiny.

Reactions: Kelso86
Not sure bout that. Syracuse is highly over ranked. I expect ND to go undefeated. Your chance to shut up some of the media might have to wait till the playoffs against clemson

I don’t think anyone cares about shutting up the media at that point. We’d be in the playoffs.

I don’t think anyone cares about shutting up the media at that point. We’d be in the playoffs.
Right but if the game against clemson doesn't turn out well, some of those people will play the I told you card. You guys are undefeated and beat us in the first game. You should be ranked third. It'll be interesting to see how the season plays out

Reactions: iwish
Amen I don’t have cable. I only watch “Stadium” which is a Fox channel (44-4) they do a sho called “campus insiders” and break down a certain conference every week. They also break down recruits and show 3-4 high school games a week. If ND is playing on cable I just wander to the bar..,

In 20 years will anyone care what any talking head said this year?

Whoever won it all will have the trophy and that is it.

Why people care so much about what those useless fools say is beyond me.

I will admit it’s good for a laugh. They go off numbers only and don’t spend a second watching teams all over the country play.

It’s good tv to play pro vs con. At the end of the day the only thing that counts is winning. Whether it’s by 1 or by 100. A win is a win. If ND wins the next two games by one point each, guess what? They are 12 and 0. Last time I checked that’s pretty darn good. By the way I would like to mention several of the close games Oklahoma has been in. Specifically the game against Army. They almost lost, but they didn’t. How come you never hear about that? It’s not like it’s the 1944 Army team. Anyway, I’m getting off topic. Simply put, if ND wins out, regardless of the score , they are in. It’s irrelevant what the “talking heads” say.

Reactions: francade
Once again, for the millionth time, an undefeated Irish team is in the CFP. Period.

Reactions: TOMMY_23
The what if scenarios were fun to debate. Galloway saying Bama could lose by more than 20 against UGA in the sec title game and still easily get the 4th spot. I hate the thought of giving a team a playoff spot after getting drilled in their final game. In that case too bad UM. I guess they don’t control their own destiny.

UM has no signature W. They have a signature loss.

UGA has played better teams than UM.

Just ratings. Have to talk about something. They know ND easily beat Michigan. We don’t have to remind them. They know that SOS is close and that if ND takes care of the Cuse that’s 3 currently ranked teams they have taken down. They know the committee will not move ND if undefeated.

The committee will have their work cut out with a 2 loss UGA, Michigan, OSU vs a one loss OK and that defense.

Right but if the game against clemson doesn't turn out well, some of those people will play the I told you card. You guys are undefeated and beat us in the first game. You should be ranked third. It'll be interesting to see how the season plays out

Holy crap. A Michigan fan with some perspective.

Ok, that was a bit strong, but it is a constant thing for Herbstriet to impune our resume, while pumping others. He's constantly making a case for ND to get passed over.

Not a bit strong. It was a total misrepresentation. No one has said that ND sucks.
My advice to you---stop watching ESPN unless you are watching a game.

Ok, that was a bit strong, but it is a constant thing for Herbstriet to impune our resume, while pumping others. He's constantly making a case for ND to get passed over.

This is true. Let me know next time you see any of them try to poke holes in any other single team and their seasons or playoff worthiness. Won’t happen. Like others have said if Irish take care of business nothing to worry about.

Not a bit strong. It was a total misrepresentation. No one has said that ND sucks.
My advice to you---stop watching ESPN unless you are watching a game.
I don't need to stop watching ESPN. I can watch another ND, NBC broadcast where Ann Arbor native, Mike Terico, can give his case for UM. Thanks

Reactions: GoldCountryND
I don't need to stop watching ESPN. I can watch another ND, NBC broadcast where Ann Arbor native, Mike Terico, can give his case for UM. Thanks

Mike Tirico is from New York & went to Syracuse. He lives in Ann Arbor now, but not a native or any affiliation to UM.
Listen to the broadcast from the other night & he said straight up there should be no talk of UM getting in over ND.

Mike Tirico is from New York & went to Syracuse. He lives in Ann Arbor now, but not a native or any affiliation to UM.
Listen to the broadcast from the other night & he said straight up there should be no talk of UM getting in over ND.
Not exactly. He stated reasons why some people think UM should pass us. Surprisingly, Flutie said no way. That ND won head to head. Terico changed his tune after that.

Reactions: TOMMY_23

I remember that. But it doesn't go along with the poster's narrative that everyone is out to screw ND.

By the way, I grew up in Michigan, went to MSU, live in Ohio and I'm still a ND fan.

Couple of scores to keep in mind:

Clemson 27 Syracuse 23 AT CLEMSON
Purdue 49 OSU 20 YIKES! HERBIE, YIKES!

Herbie went to OSU -- he is trying to position them to push ND out if they beat Michigan and Georgia beats Bama. Ha.

Don't watch that crap, it is just: "Sound and fury signifying nothing."

Just keep winning Irish!

Lol our Irish is giving them nothing to root against ......KEEP winning...it pays off

Couple of scores to keep in mind:

Clemson 27 Syracuse 23 AT CLEMSON
Purdue 49 OSU 20 YIKES! HERBIE, YIKES!

Herbie went to OSU -- he is trying to position them to push ND out if they beat Michigan and Georgia beats Bama. Ha.

Don't watch that crap, it is just: "Sound and fury signifying nothing."

Just keep winning Irish!
Lol. Doubt it. Like him or hate him, hes good at his job. This is the same Herbie that had to move his family out of ohio because of death threats from osu fans simply cause he was objective

Lol. Doubt it. Like him or hate him, hes good at his job. This is the same Herbie that had to move his family out of ohio because of death threats from osu fans simply cause he was objective
He also said last night if osu plays the way they have the past 6-7 weeks that Michigan will come into bucknut land and beat them.

wow are these guys all over bashing ND instead of giving any credit. Unbelievable. Holy shit are they trying to poke holes in this. Jesse and David the only guys giving ND some props. Sick of these guys.
Re-watch the show. Rece and Herbstreit both gave very real Kudos to ND and also talking about very real things like if ND lost a game they're done. Rece actually said that if ND loses a game they should still be in consideration for a spot.

Trust me when I tell you...if you watch a second time you'll realize they were praising ND pretty much collectively.

They talk over each other so much you miss a lot.

Reactions: echowaker
Gotta love the posters that say “what do you care what the talking heads think”. Uh, maybe because they are influencing the committee. If Pollack & Palmer aren’t on that show last night, you’d think ND hasn’t played or beaten anyone (who has then, btw?), and no one would know that ND was playing Michigan, bsu & wake w/o their best qb & rb. Where is Michigan’s signature win, btw? This Michigan BS is as doubly stupid as the LSU nonsense from a couple weeks ago. Can you imagine herbstreit and Galloway advocating for a 1 loss ND team that lost to an undefeated Michigan being ranked ahead of them? I can’t, cuz it would never, ever happen. F ESPN and the CFP.

Ftr, I think rece is as fair as they come. Tells it like it is. The others, especially the two former buckeyes, not so much.

Not exactly. He stated reasons why some people think UM should pass us. Surprisingly, Flutie said no way. That ND won head to head. Terico changed his tune after that.

Considering it was a blowout game, they needed some way to fill airtime.

I didn’t interpret Tirico’s statements to be arguing against ND. I think some people are just too sensitive.

Reactions: 88ND
ADVERTISEMENT