ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Crashing

Going from first to probably 6th… a little crash
"Notre Dame edged past Georgia to land back at No. 2 thanks to the addition of ESPN 300 QB Kenny Minchey. The former Pitt commit is a dual-threat weapon who possesses a strong arm, runs well and throws nicely on the move."

Crashing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ndapolis1
"Notre Dame edged past Georgia to land back at No. 2 thanks to the addition of ESPN 300 QB Kenny Minchey. The former Pitt commit is a dual-threat weapon who possesses a strong arm, runs well and throws nicely on the move."

Crashing.

giphy.gif

I don't think we have anything to worry about in terms of attracting/recruiting the CB position right now. We developed two three star talents (one being a position-convert) into NFL draft picks (Ben Morrison, Cam Hart), and we have a CB coach who is clearly emerging as one of the best assistants on the team between his scouting, recruiting, and developing of talent.

What is ironic to me is despite the Peyton Bowen Drama, Rivals still has our top two recruits as Brennan Vernon and Drayk Bowen, two of our most solid commits.

Anyone have any idea why Vernon is still crystal balled to Ohio State on the 247 site? Do they simply not update this?

What is ironic to me is despite the Peyton Bowen Drama, Rivals still has our top two recruits as Brennan Vernon and Drayk Bowen, two of our most solid commits.
I think rivals rankings are definitely questionable. I dont agree with that at all

I think rivals rankings are definitely questionable. I dont agree with that at all
Many of rivals rankings, including Minchey, are very odd. Singer the other day basically threw a dig at rivals saying they don't do much in evaluating talent. He was clearly trying to build up On3, but it was an interesting criticism none the less.

Hopefully the staff can settle the score with Bowen. He's been loving everything OU on Twitter per usual.

At the end of the day, I'd love to have him, but our secondary is in pretty good shape with or without him. He can go play for a terrible defense at OU just to follow his GF and high school QB friend if he wants, which is a really terrible life decision. It's on him.

I think the most important player to this class is not P Bowen, despite his high ranking by 247. I think Schuler and Minich are both going to be very good players. Christian Gray and Micah Bell are very important to our secondary. A big issue at ND is receiver, so I'd argue Greathouse, James, Flores are more important recruits than P. Bowen. Then there's obviously Minchey, an absolute stud and massive need at QB. While I love P. Bowen's abilities, I think there are at least 5 players in this class that are more important to our needs. J Love is an absolute stud and possibly a future game changer. Edwards might be a consensus five star if he were 2 inches taller, which is stupid. I think Keeley was a huge loss. I'm not as freaked out over losing P. Bowen, despite really wanting him in the class. The crappy part is the way he might do it, waiting until the last minute, when according to OU, his mind has been made up for months. It also tanks our class ranking, which was nice for optics. It sucks that 1 player can impact the composite score so much, when you have legit 4 star guys like Minchey committed that don't impact that score much at all. I personally disagree with the way that's done, particularly since so many 5 star players don't pan out.

Last edited:
Peyton Bowen is the best player on our class and very important
Making definitive statements about the best player in a class 9 months before any of them will play in a CFB game is a bit much.

Let's re-visit this in 1-2-3 years. Heck, we could see 5 or 6 of these 2023 recruits being the best player in the class.

Reactions: Notre Dame du Lac
Making definitive statements about the best player in a class 9 months before any of them will play in a CFB game is a bit much.

Let's re-visit this in 1-2-3 years. Heck, we could see 5 or 6 of these 2023 recruits being the best player in the class.
He's the "best" players based on 247 rankings. That rarely turns out to be the best player in the class when you have a class full of elite players.

Hes the best player in the class according to the composite and to my film evaluations.

I think it's pretty obvious. Jagusah is the closest to me

Reactions: Get Nasty
Nobody can say with any degree of confidence that P. Bowen is pretty obviously a better player than J Love, J Greathouse, D Edwards, C Jagusah based on some mild differences in a 247 ranking.

Absolutely is. Hes an absolute stud. Freak athlete, extremely productice, hes about as much of a lock to be really as there is
Disagree. He might end up the best one, but it's not obvious. Nobody would be shocked in any way if J Love or J Greathouse end up multiple time AA's.

How about obvious instead of pretty obvious?

It’s almost impossible to know someone’s mental make up but physically and film wise, Bowen would be most impressive recruit if we keep him.
Apparently you missed the 5 touchdowns J Love scored in the state title game.

Hes the best player in the class according to the composite and to my film evaluations.

I think it's pretty obvious. Jagusah is the closest to me
Obvious is a huge stretch. The 2023 class has way too many quality players to call anyone the best recruit nine months before any of them play a CFB game.

Reactions: Notre Dame du Lac
Obvious is a huge stretch. The 2023 class has way too many quality players to call anyone the best recruit nine months before any of them play a CFB game.
You only can evaluate them right now. That's all we have.

Bowen is the best prospect as of today

Reactions: chaseball
You only can evaluate them right now. That's all we have.

Bowen is the best prospect as of today
I'll evaluate two years from now. You go right ahead, though, and tell us who the best player is.

I'll evaluate two years from now. You go right ahead, though, and tell us who the best player is.
I didn't say who was going to be the best player in 2 or 10 years from now. I said Bowen is the best prospect we have in our class.

That's easy to do, evaluate after they play.

Michael Mayer is our best prospect in the junior class, wow that was tough. You're a great evaluator of talent lol

IrishBeer, you're too dumb to know that neither of them were the highest rated players in their class.

Ever hear of a Michael Floyd or Jason Smith? The 2 highest rated players in their class

IrishBeer you are looking more foolish
Thanks Gunner Kiel.

ADVERTISEMENT