ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Crashing

Front page.... Peyton bowing closing in on decision with multiple in homes scheduled. Yes, he is so fully committed to ND right now?

Nd is landing some solid players with upside and downside but Peyton would be a huge get!

From a premium site. Bowen is still solid on his commitment, and the imminent flip rumors we're just that, rumors. By all accounts Bowen will be signing December 21st.

Crashing!
What's the front page on rivals about then?

I talked about this before the season. If we find out that Freeman and Rees are bad coaches (WE FOUND THAT OUT) then our record will be worse than 10-2 and recruiting will fall depending on how bad it is. Obviously the D hasn't looked great and the offense has been absolutely awful.

Trending right now to end up with a Brian Kelly type class but with a coaching staff far far far worse.

Not good

Paige probably going to USC, love trending away, lyons not a lock, no plan or good option for keeley backup, no qb, bowen probably gone (it would make us losing our top 3 commits), and in 24 our top DE looking at UM now secretively. That's what we know right now and it's not getting better. Complete disaster on the field. THanks OHIO STATE GRAD.

If Freeman can't recruit lights out, this will send ND backwards more than TY and bob davie did.
Crashing.

Rivals just trying to get clicks and people to pay for Premium. Same with On3 and their deceiving headlines

ff568670cb37401820f02fe8cf037c29c1a39e67.gif

The info I got from another premium site was that Bowen is still locked into his commitment to ND.

Maybe you should change your forum name to Negative Nancy, it fits you perfectly.
I must have missed the National Championship we've won the last 30 years, or winning a big bowl game.

Sorry, to quote the great Lou Holtz "If you aim for perfection, you will reach greatness, if you aim to be good, you will be average"

I talked about this before the season. If we find out that Freeman and Rees are bad coaches (WE FOUND THAT OUT) then our record will be worse than 10-2 and recruiting will fall depending on how bad it is. Obviously the D hasn't looked great and the offense has been absolutely awful.

Trending right now to end up with a Brian Kelly type class but with a coaching staff far far far worse.

Not good

Paige probably going to USC, love trending away, lyons not a lock, no plan or good option for keeley backup, no qb, bowen probably gone (it would make us losing our top 3 commits), and in 24 our top DE looking at UM now secretively. That's what we know right now and it's not getting better. Complete disaster on the field. THanks OHIO STATE GRAD.

If Freeman can't recruit lights out, this will send ND backwards more than TY and bob davie did.
Crashing.

I must have missed the National Championship we've won the last 30 years, or winning a big bowl game.

Sorry, to quote the great Lou Holtz "If you aim for perfection, you will reach greatness, if you aim to be good, you will be average"
What does this have to do with the thread title?

Answer. Nothing.

Not good

Crashing.

Not good

Crashing.

Not good

Stick to your thread title.

It lives on.

From the info. I have the only recruit we will likely lose is P. Bowen. Other than that, the class should stay intact and we should add 1 or 2 more. The issue I have with Bowen recruitment is the way it's being done. Waiting until NSD or some AA game to flip away from ND will be a mega level of disrespect to the coaches that put so much time and love into his recruitment. I understand choices aren't easy, but at this point, you should stick to your recruitment if you have any degree of integrity. I hope he sticks, but it seems rather unlikely given what I am hearing.

From the info. I have the only recruit we will likely lose is P. Bowen. Other than that, the class should stay intact and we should add 1 or 2 more. The issue I have with Bowen recruitment is the way it's being done. Waiting until NSD or some AA game to flip away from ND will be a mega level of disrespect to the coaches that put so much time and love into his recruitment. I understand choices aren't easy, but at this point, you should stick to your recruitment if you have any degree of integrity. I hope he sticks, but it seems rather unlikely given what I am hearing.
How do you know definitively that Peyton Bowen will not announce for Notre Dame?

Reactions: NDinNJ
How do you know definitively that Peyton Bowen will not announce for Notre Dame?
I don't. It just seems to be trending away. Recent info. from Kyle Kelly wasn't too charming in this regard. I'd post it, but I'd probably get warned.

I don't. It just seems to be trending away. Recent info. from Kyle Kelly wasn't too charming in this regard. I'd post it, but I'd probably get warned.
I'm hearing the complete opposite from other forums. We'll see who ends up being correct. For one, the rumors a week ago, that a flip was imminent, like any day now turned out to be completely false. We are over week since that story broke, and Bowen is still committed to ND.

On the other hand, Ryan Roberts had a very positive update on Bowen on the IB board last night.... Also said that when talking to a recruit in the 23 class about Bowen they said recruits are getting "critical of the national media trying to really create a story out of nothing"

P. Bowen is the hardest recruitment to figure out in my memory since following recruiting back to 2005 or so. To me, I'm like 55/45 he goes OU. That's hardly confident. Something he says later today or next week could make me 55/45 ND. That's about where most of the media is with it. Unless it's OU media, who imply that he's already committed to OU. Those guys are trolls.

Apparently Venables and Freeman are doing in home visits next week. I think that will seal the deal for one of them. If I was a betting man, I'd put my $ on Freeman to edge out OU in that fight. But OU also has their best class ever going right along with ours. Based on Venables inexperience, terrible season, regression, and OU's less than impressive education system, I am not sure exactly what he's selling besides BS.

One thing Bowen has to consider is that transferring away from ND is always a possibility. Transferring into ND is not a possibility, particularly at a mediocre institution like OU. We all know if he came to ND, he'd never transfer and he'd fall in love, but it's something he should consider none the less.

Apparently Venables and Freeman are doing in home visits next week. I think that will seal the deal for one of them. If I was a betting man, I'd put my $ on Freeman to edge out OU in that fight. But OU also has their best class ever going right along with ours. Based on Venables inexperience, terrible season, regression, and OU's less than impressive education system, I am not sure exactly what he's selling besides BS.

One thing Bowen has to consider is that transferring away from ND is always a possibility. Transferring into ND is not a possibility, particularly at a mediocre institution like OU. We all know if he came to ND, he'd never transfer and he'd fall in love, but it's something he should consider none the less.
Not one of Oklahomas best classes ever

Reactions: BGI User 756
On the other hand, Ryan Roberts had a very positive update on Bowen on the IB board last night.... Also said that when talking to a recruit in the 23 class about Bowen they said recruits are getting "critical of the national media trying to really create a story out of nothing"

P. Bowen is the hardest recruitment to figure out in my memory since following recruiting back to 2005 or so. To me, I'm like 55/45 he goes OU. That's hardly confident. Something he says later today or next week could make me 55/45 ND. That's about where most of the media is with it. Unless it's OU media, who imply that he's already committed to OU. Those guys are trolls.
There's been way crazier recruitment than Peyton Bowens

P. Bowen is the hardest recruitment to figure out in my memory since following recruiting back to 2005 or so. To me, I'm like 55/45 he goes OU. That's hardly confident. Something he says later today or next week could make me 55/45 ND. That's about where most of the media is with it. Unless it's OU, who thinks he's already committed to OU. Those guys are trolls.
The positive, his mother is big on ND, and apparently his father is as well.

ADVERTISEMENT