ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Crashing

If ND goes out there and puts it on USC the way they did Clemson and then beats a big SEC brand in an NY6 bowl, I can see THIS coaching staff getting some big time flips down the stretch. Minchey is a good start.
We would be done with recruiting before the bowl game. We're close to done now

Moore was committed , frichan freeman even said it
You still posted a ridiculous thread way after Keeley moved on.

How is it that you die on the hill that Moore committed and yet disparaged anyone that said Love had done same?

Yep, that’s right, you love the drama

Reactions: NDinNJ
Moore was committed , frichan freeman even said it
"Moore was committed , frichan freeman even said it"

NO AND NO!
Moore was NEVER COMMITTED and Freeman IS NOT PERMITTED to talk about recruits until they ACTUALLY sign their LOI! That is direct NCAA VIOLATION!

More and more, you show your stupidity! Between you and IrishBeer (who has been utterly silent), I am not sure who is worse.

beat USC and that is 9-1 last ten, including wins over 3 P5 CCG participants, two on the road, by an average MOV of double-digits. that plus ND's brand makes them a lock if they win, IMO.
Because of the bowl rotation, a win on Saturday at USC does not mean Notre Dame is a lock for an NY6 game.

Reactions: Kelso86
Just stop, you know very well moore was committed and freeman spoke about him without saying his name to boosters
I didn't see anything about him saying anything to boosters

And I'm fine with Minchey over Moore. I think they are pretty similar in skill and ability. And Minchey isn't a mercenary

The loss now that hurts is Keeley

I do wish people could forget about Moore. I really don't think he's much better than Minchey and I don't think they really differ at all in their potential to be great. I personally would take Minchey over Moore bc I see similar talent and vastly different character.

I do wish people could forget about Moore. I really don't think he's much better than Minchey and I don't think they really differ at all in their potential to be great. I personally would take Minchey over Moore bc I see similar talent and vastly different character.
Wish they would forget about Kelly.

Reactions: Notre Dame du Lac
I have to laugh at some of the comments on this tread. First it didn't age very well. Remember our former coach? Saying we have to shop down a different aisle? Well Coach Freeman is shopping were he wants to. Not gonna get everyone you want. But this is a well constructed class. Closing it out with a couple more top notch recruits looks certain.

Reactions: NDinNJ and Golson5
Wish they would forget about Kelly.
That one’s a little harder for people. What he’s doing at LSU considering where they were last year is nothing short of impressive. If BK wins the next two games, he is nothing g less than miraculous. We shall see.

If freeman beats USC, keeps the class intact on signing day, and wins a bowl game, I think Kelly was less of a major loss than what some think. Right now, I give a lot of NDs on the field success credit to what Kelly built. But if freeman beats usc, that will be one helluva resume considering Clemson. I will be pretty hyped about Freemans future if we leave SC victorious. If we lose and they win out, I think we sadly know who the man is.

Last edited:
You still posted a ridiculous thread way after Keeley moved on.

How is it that you die on the hill that Moore committed and yet disparaged anyone that said Love had done same?

Yep, that’s right, you love the drama
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner. He loves the drama. And we all do, to a point.

Here's what I can't figure out. If there is a guy who we think is coming to ND, we denigrate him as a prima donna if he chooses another school (Moore), but those who end up in our fold are thoughtful young men who wanted to cross all their t's and dot all their I's, which seems to be the case with Bowen.

My advice is to relax and let the chips fall where they may. We can't do anything about it anyway.

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner. He loves the drama. And we all do, to a point.

Here's what I can't figure out. If there is a guy who we think is coming to ND, we denigrate him as a prima donna if he chooses another school (Moore), but those who end up in our fold are thoughtful young men who wanted to cross all their t's and dot all their I's, which seems to be the case with Bowen.

My advice is to relax and let the chips fall where they may. We can't do anything about it anyway.
Painting a broad brush by stating “...we denigrate Dante Moore as a prima donna...” is wrong as well. Some denigrated Dante Moore, such as the vocal minority. I did not, nor did many others.

Just stop, you know very well moore was committed and freeman spoke about him without saying his name to boosters
"you know very well moore was committed"

Please see below -- NO WHERE does it say Moore was ever committed to ND -- the ONLY place Moore committed to was and is Oregon --

"Early in the process, the Irish identified five-star quarterback Dante Moore as the priority target, which put other elite targets such as Jackson Arnold, Avery Johnson and Christopher Vizzina on the back burner. But Moore, trending toward the Irish for weeks in the spring (but NEVER COMMITTED), ended up jilting them for Oregon on July 8. And by then Arnold, Johnson and Vizzina were already locked into their respective schools."

"you know very well moore was committed"

Please see below -- NO WHERE does it say Moore was ever committed to ND -- the ONLY place Moore committed to was and is Oregon --

"Early in the process, the Irish identified five-star quarterback Dante Moore as the priority target, which put other elite targets such as Jackson Arnold, Avery Johnson and Christopher Vizzina on the back burner. But Moore, trending toward the Irish for weeks in the spring (but NEVER COMMITTED), ended up jilting them for Oregon on July 8. And by then Arnold, Johnson and Vizzina were already locked into their respective schools."
Kelso - GN will never admit he was wrong about anything. He's the kind of guy that HAS to be right; HAS to win an argument.

Painting a broad brush by stating “...we denigrate Dante Moore as a prima donna...” is wrong as well. Some denigrated Dante Moore, such as the vocal minority. I did not, nor did many others.
Moore IS a prima donna.

While this dance around committing just made it more clear, there were PLENTY of signs of it long before this

I don't want a Prima Donna at QB at ND

I didn't see anything about him saying anything to boosters

And I'm fine with Minchey over Moore. I think they are pretty similar in skill and ability. And Minchey isn't a mercenary

The loss now that hurts is Keeley
I agree because although moore is more talented, I think players that chase the money over school lose some of the fire to work…. Personally I think that’s part of reason for A&M struggles

Need 2 absolute home runs at WDE in 24 class

I agree because although moore is more talented, I think players that chase the money over school lose some of the fire to work…. Personally I think that’s part of reason for A&M struggles

Need 2 absolute home runs at WDE in 24 class
😂 You are pretty clueless. A&M's historic recruiting class are Freshman. Let's look at what they do in 2-3 years.

"Moore was committed , frichan freeman even said it"

NO AND NO!
Moore was NEVER COMMITTED and Freeman IS NOT PERMITTED to talk about recruits until they ACTUALLY sign their LOI! That is direct NCAA VIOLATION!

More and more, you show your stupidity! Between you and IrishBeer (who has been utterly silent), I am not sure who is worse.
anyone know who this is, frichan freeman?

😂 You are pretty clueless. A&M's historic recruiting class are Freshman. Let's look at what they do in 2-3 years.
Wow, but their 2019 class that is seniors was the 6th rated, their 2020 class that is juniors was 6th rated, their 2021 class that is sophomores is 7th rated…..Hmmmmmm, you aren’t ready to step up to the big boy table debating football

Kelso - GN will never admit he was wrong about anything. He's the kind of guy that HAS to be right; HAS to win an argument.
I’m glad freeman and company partially righted ship recruiting wise after losing our best 2 Commits, we will see how well they righted it if they keep Bowen.

What would you say when you lost your top 2-3 commits, each being potentially big time game changer!

I’m glad freeman and company partially righted ship recruiting wise after losing our best 2 Commits, we will see how well they righted it if they keep Bowen.

What would you say when you lost your top 2-3 commits, each being potentially big time game changer!
Last I checked ND was still #2. So that's still considered "crashing" in your book? If that's the case, then every team crashes except the team that finishes #1 in recruiting.

Thanks for validating my point about you.

Partially LOL

Every school loses players. What matters is who you sign. Looking like a top 6 class with a good QB. You van win a title like that

And I dont see the drop off with Moore and Minchey

Last I checked ND was still #2. So that's still considered "crashing" in your book? If that's the case, then every team crashes except the team that finishes #1 in recruiting.

Thanks for validating my point about you.
Looked like love and Bowen and lyons were gone at the time as well … lyons gone, they kept love, tbd on Bowen

Last edited:
Partially LOL

Every school loses players. What matters is who you sign. Looking like a top 6 class with a good QB. You van win a title like that

very similar in talent, size and intangibles ND fans should be pleased, they got the one that is not the drama queen

Partially LOL

Agree… you can also look like A&M though

Huge game… 9-3 with major momentum into good bowl game and next year vs 8-4, crap bowl and disappointing season despite Clemson domination

too bad there was no rematch with CU for the ACC title! ND dominated NC! The decision to put NC in the game is a head scratcher

very similar in talent, size and intangibles ND fans should be pleased, they got the one that is not the drama queen
I like minchey but to say they’re the same is all homer…. Moore significantly more advanced with much more experience.

Now I don’t like Moore’s handling of this process and wouldn’t be shocked if it impacts his growth as a person and player

I like minchey but to say they’re the same is all homer…. Moore significantly more advanced with much more experience.

Now I don’t like Moore’s handling of this process and wouldn’t be shocked if it impacts his growth as a person and player
Crashing.

Wow, but their 2019 class that is seniors was the 6th rated, their 2020 class that is juniors was 6th rated, their 2021 class that is sophomores is 7th rated…..Hmmmmmm, you aren’t ready to step up to the big boy table debating football
You are still clueless.

We play them @ A&M in 24. I’d like to go to that game. Never been to College Station.

Could be 2 insanely talented teams on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT