ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Crashing

Extremely well put.

And, yes, my biggest fear as well is that if Freeman's results make a strong case for his NOT being the right guy, he still gets 3 to 5 years to "figure it out."

ND is TRULY at a crossroads. NIL, the portal and, potentially, REVENUE SHARING DO NOT PLAY TO ND'S STRENGTHS. In fact, for most PREMIER PLAYERS, THEY RENDER THEM IRRELEVANT. Or even MEANINGLESS.

The best CFB players are attending GLADIATOR SCHOOL, and they only want to go to one that will get them to the ARENA, these days, known as the LEAGUE.

ND has to be ALL-IN. Half a loaf WON'T DO IT. Or even three-quarters.
I hope they go all out before all in.

Agree besides "deserving" anything. He doesn't deserve a thing. He has one of the most prestigious jobs in all of college sports and he's in way over his head. The student athletes at ND and the fans deserve better.
That's just it...

He has one of the most prestigious jobs in all of college sports

It sure is but it certainly wasn't treated as such by our very own Jack Swarbrick

Think about that...

If he doesn't really think it's a prestigious job then why would any top coach out there put this on a bucket list for places to land.

Freeman may sink or swim but JS did a knee jerk reaction because Freeman was the flavor of the month in the locker room.

Isn't it funny how the media paints these crazy overstated and overrated pictures of coaches.

Freeman. "He's a great coach and ND really got a good one. "

Then they show Harry Heistand and the announcers say Harry is one of the best in the business...

HH is lousy and those statements are utter bullshit.

Freeman a great coach? WTF...
He hasn't coached long enough to earn that title let alone actually being "great"

Rees...show a shot if him...

Jason Garett says Rees frustrated right now but he'll get it figured out at halftime. He's a great coach.

B
U
L
L
S
H
I
T

The whole lot of them suck minus Golden and Freeman. Freeman it's too early to tell.
The rest are lousy. Rees is the king of lousy coaching

We need to keep Bowen. Losing Paige isn’t a big deal, he was probably our third best OL this class and there were guys better than him last class too.

Reactions: Kelso86
We need to keep Bowen. Losing Paige isn’t a big deal, he was probably our third best OL this class and there were guys better than him last class too.
ND will find another guy or better yet add a WR instead. Pretty sure they can go into the portal and find an OL to be a depth piece down the road in 24 if need be.

I dont agree with this. He was our only true LT and second best behind Jagusah

Tough to find left tackles. This loss hurts

I was a big Kelly hater and yet I prefer watching LSU games over ND. What does that tell you?

I know Fickell is the hot name. However, despite being a little cheese, PJ Fleck is a good coach. I still think if he can win wherever he goes, that can’t hurt at ND.

I was a big Kelly hater and yet I prefer watching LSU games over ND. What does that tell you?
I wasn't FOND of Kelly, but I respected him, and I, too, am enjoying watching LSU. They're exciting.

Reactions: iwish
I know Fickell is the hot name. However, despite being a little cheese, PJ Fleck is a good coach. I still think if he can win wherever he goes, that can’t hurt at ND.
You have a better chance of coaching at ND.

Let me know how excited you are about watching LSU in 5 weeks:

Auburn
Tennessee
Ole Miss
Alabama
Arkansas

😂
We'll see how Kelly does. I think the biggest litmus test will be his ability to recruit, use the transfer portal and NIL and if he can ultimately win a Natty. If he wins a Natty at LSU, I think that will be telling about the restrictions ND has in place.

We'll see how Kelly does. I think the biggest litmus test will be his ability to recruit, use the transfer portal and NIL and if he can ultimately win a Natty. If he wins a Natty at LSU, I think that will be telling about the restrictions ND has in place.
He won't win a natty at LSU. If I was a betting man, my money would be on him being gone in 5 years.

Well so far he’s doing everything one could ask. About to be 3-1, and recruiting well so far. Looks like he’ll get Sayin as his 5-star QB.

Reactions: adrian1477
Well so far he’s doing everything one could ask. About to be 3-1, and recruiting well so far. Looks like he’ll get Sayin as his 5-star QB.
He'll be lucky to get to 8 wins. Most likely 7

Fsu game was a disaster

I wasn't FOND of Kelly, but I respected him, and I, too, am enjoying watching LSU. They're exciting.
Not surprising that you and that other moron prefer to watch the coach that walked out on us over your own "favorite" team.

Congrats on Kelly's wins over Southern U, Mississippi State, New Mexico, and loss to Florida State. He seems to really be tearing it up down there.

What were you more impressed by? His wins over Southern U or Mississippi State? What about the loss to a mediocre FSU team?

We'll see how they look when they start playing teams that are worth a shit. He'll be lucky to win 7 games.

Not surprising that you and that other moron prefer to watch the coach that walked out on us over your own "favorite" team.

Congrats on Kelly's wins over Southern U, Mississippi State, New Mexico, and loss to Florida State. He seems to really be tearing it up down there.
Struck a nerve, huh? You’re right, Kelly did walk out on the team. Inexcusable. Especially after 12 seasons. That said, he is all about self-preservation. He knew that he couldn’t get the players to win it all. With the NIL and transfer portal growing and ND’s unwillingness to adapt to the new environment, he saw he was at a decisive disadvantage against the elite programs. LSU was more than willing to pay the man. Like him or not, he’s a damn good coach. A lot remains to be seen but his objective is to win it all and now he’s at a place that supports him in that endeavor.

Reactions: 4-4-3
He'll be lucky to get to 8 wins. Most likely 7

Fsu game was a disaster
Was his first game - new players, new coach, almost came back and won it. He will be lucky to win 8 games, you’re right. So will the Irish.

Struck a nerve, huh? You’re right, Kelly did walk out on the team. Inexcusable. Especially after 12 seasons. That said, he is all about self-preservation. He knew that he couldn’t get the players to win it all. With the NIL and transfer portal growing and ND’s unwillingness to adapt to the new environment, he saw he was at a decisive disadvantage against the elite programs. LSU was more than willing to pay the man. Like him or not, he’s a damn good coach. A lot remains to be seen but his objective is to win it all and now he’s at a place that supports him in that endeavor.
He wasn't a good coach last year and he's not a top 3 coach in the sec

He wasn't a good coach last year and he's not a top 3 coach in the sec
Saban, Smart and Jimbo? All three have won a Natty and Saban is arguably the best HC ever. No, right now he is not. Give him 3 years and see where he’s at. I could be totally wrong about him but, I can tell you I really thought that the addition of Freeman, who would enhance recruiting, would be that push to get us competitive against the elite.

Saban, Smart and Jimbo? All three have won a Natty and Saban is arguably the best HC ever. No, right now he is not. Give him 3 years and see where he’s at. I could be totally wrong about him but, I can tell you I really thought that the addition of Freeman, who would enhance recruiting, would be that push to get us competitive against the elite.
It still might

Those 3 and watch out for the Arkansas coach, Napier and Heupel. And Kiffin

I'm sorry for your PAIN, but for calling out me "and the other moron" personally, I now have to ignore you.

• Haha
Reactions: NDinNJ
Paige was not convicted. He probably saw the first few games of ND and USC. Look now? The OL is starting to dominate. I thought maybe Harry was overrated, certainly does not seem like it when you rush for 300 yards.

USC barely slips by with a late score. You want to be coached by someone who is turning medium to great and will put monsters into the NFL. This is your place. If you want to play in front of 10k people and fly West Coast to East Coast to play S. Carolina, Florida, Vandy C which is MUCH farther from ND, knock yourself out.

Just make way for the next great recruit.

Reactions: tbonesays
but, you will miss the stupidity🙃
Actually, it's a relief to be rid of the attacks. There's a line. Once it's crossed, there's no point in engaging with the person. For me, it's a total waste of time.

Reactions: Kelso86
👍

ADVERTISEMENT