Don’t play lewis
Zeke needs replaced or help

Young tes going to get major burn
estime ran like we thought
Tyree much more involved
A lot more creative plays
We need to get other wrs ready over break
Kolie over Bauer and betrand should be a thing
Morrison played 51 snaps to Lewis’ 10. He’s the starter now, and I don’t see any reason to rotate Lewis in. Hart played 38 snaps to Mickey’s 27. Very encouraging development.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Morrison played 51 snaps to Lewis’ 10. He’s the starter now, and I don’t see any reason to rotate Lewis in. Hart played 38 snaps to Mickey’s 27. Very encouraging development.
Hart (right now) is our only corner capable of making plays. With that said, there's either some mental lapses or miss communication. That needs fixed asap. Mickey and morrison are in good position though, and athletic enough to not get burned. Yep, lewis is pretty much corner 5 right now. I personally think he should be moved to safety now.

Hart (right now) is our only corner capable of making plays. With that said, there's either some mental lapses or miss communication. That needs fixed asap. Mickey and morrison are in good position though, and athletic enough to not get burned. Yep, lewis is pretty much corner 5 right now. I personally think he should be moved to safety now.
Hart and Lewis gave up the 2 long tds

Hart and Lewis gave up the 2 long tds
It may have been on bracy. Possibly 3rd td bracy gave up on the day. Joseph Watts and Bracy looked like they had deep coverage. We had 3 players deep and it looks like bracy should have had deep section on Harts side. I could be wrong, hard to tell. Clearly Hart thought he had help over the top. We need to get the mental errors corrected. I think the lack of physical ability of lewis is finally gotten him to the bench.

re watched, about 90% sure the td error was on bracy. Bracy went towards the middle where we had watts deep, joseph deep other side. Hart and Houston cover their area about 10 yards deep. Bracy giving up 3 tds is solid.

It may have been on bracy. Possibly 3rd td bracy gave up on the day. Joseph Watts and Bracy looked like they had deep coverage. We had 3 players deep and it looks like bracy should have had deep section on Harts side. I could be wrong, hard to tell. Clearly Hart thought he had help over the top. We need to get the mental errors corrected. I think the lack of physical ability of lewis is finally gotten him to the bench.

re watched, about 90% sure the td error was on bracy. Bracy went towards the middle where we had watts deep, joseph deep other side. Hart and Houston cover their area about 10 yards deep. Bracy giving up 3 tds is solid.
No. It was definitely on Hart. Orlovsky mentioned it as well. Bracy had his man covered. Hart was caught looking up when there was no reason to. Bracy peeled off his man and tried to help but he had no chance. Bracy is a slot he didn't have the deep half of the field there.

Bracy had one of the best wrs in the country and held him to 5 catches and 32 yards. He's playing the best corner on the roster this season by far.

No. It was definitely on Hart. Orlovsky mentioned it as well. Bracy had his man covered. Hart was caught looking up when there was no reason to. Bracy peeled off his man and tried to help but he had no chance. Bracy is a slot he didn't have the deep half of the field there.

Bracy had one of the best wrs in the country and held him to 5 catches and 32 yards. He's playing the best corner on the roster this season by far.
Orlovsky was wrong… go re watch. Bracy wasn’t covering anyone on the play. It wasn’t man coverage, it was clearly zone and bracy left his zone

also it was downs first game back and he didn’t play a ton of snaps

Orlovsky was wrong… go re watch. Bracy wasn’t covering anyone on the play. It wasn’t man coverage, it was clearly zone and bracy left his zone

5 catches and 32 yards. Bracy is playing very well.

Yeah he was

I thought both Hart and Bracy errored on this play. Hart just let their receiver fly by without any attempt to slow him down or even pretend to the QB that he was going to cover. Bracy was clearly out of his zone and wasn’t able to get over to provide the support Hart expected. Terrible communication, or lack of communication, on that play; and not sure this is limited to just these two. We’d be imploding all over this board if that had cost us the game. As is, another teaching moment. We’re not good enough to have any more unforced errors like this. Perfect timing for the bye week.

See my comments to Golson.

Exactly how I saw the play. After re watching game ND should have won 55-20

Maybe he can be a slot WR
Exactly how I saw the play. After re watching game ND should have won 55-20

UNC blew a coverage or two too. You have to deduct that from what the score 'should' have been.

Maybe he can be a slot WR

UNC blew a coverage or two too. You have to deduct that from what the score 'should' have been.
not 4th and 21, that should never happen, and fumble at goal line while reaching in not caused by D.

Heck we had a good corner blitz on fourth down, he was getting hit right while throwing.

not 4th and 21, that should never happen, and fumble at goal line while reaching in not caused by D.

Heck we had a good corner blitz on fourth down, he was getting hit right while throwing.
I can't think of a worse situation for that call. We had an outside shot at the national title in 2000 until Boob blew the MSU game with that play.

Regardless of whose fault it was, that can't happen. Golden needs to make sure that gets cleaned up.
Who's fault?
Golden.
I've praised him all season minus the nonsense of playing Marist Liufau honestly...(notice how many times he blitzed last game...a lot)

That said this is on Golden.

This score happened with 1:44 remaining. Yes...1 minute and 44 seconds... remaining.

WTFF are we running here? Seriously...mickey mouse horseshit cover 3/zone blitz with Foskey....the allegedly best pass rusher on the team dropping into coverage.
C'MON!!!

64 yards from a TD with under 2 minutes and you drop your best pass rusher into coverage?

This is an absolute garbage call and amateur hour.

This should have been a simple zone defense with the back 7 back pedaling hard at snap.

Let your 4 best pass rushers pin their ears back and get after the QB.
DLinemen love those times in games because they can just take off with one worry. Kill the QB.

Lastly...why does our secondary always suck at ball skills. As in we've no ball skills.
Once in a blue moon a Hamilton shows up who has it but by and large our secondary constantly has absolutely no ball skills.

How many 50/50 balls do we come away with an interception? Almost as infrequently as never.

Our safety on that play is doing pirouettes. The guy doing that twitter video says if the safety is in better position on the field that's not a completion.

Bullshit. They probably still catch that ball because we have zero ball skills.

Mr. Golden...

Sometimes less is more and you definitely over coached this call and at some point a team that isn't giving up an easy 45 points to us will make us look silly....again.

The last few minutes of the game was sloppy defensively for us

Not only Golson screwed up some players did as well.

To be blunt this is a case where Freeman should have chewed out Golson and Golson should have both admitted his screw up and also chewed on his players for being sloppy.

ADVERTISEMENT