ADVERTISEMENT

Pyne

rgc7

Posts Like A Champion
Jun 23, 2012
I watched a number of other major games yesterday, and Pyne looked as good as any of the
better know QB’s. Maybe Pyne is the QB we were
all hoping for ? TR called a great game yesterday,
and our running game brought back memories of
Lou and Smash Mouth football. We have some
good looking running backs , and ,as others have mentioned, Esteme is a bulldozer! I know people say NC defense isn’t good, but I think that if ND emphasizes their run game, they can still have a
very good season ! And Pyne can light up the Board !

I watched a number of other major games yesterday, and Pyne looked as good as any of the
good looking running backs , and ,as others have mentioned, Esteme is a bulldozer! I know people say NC defense isn’t good, but I think that if ND emphasizes their run game, they can still have a
a couple 3 n outs to start next game and this crowd will turn ugly pretty quickly!

He gets the next two weeks to settle into the offense with starter reps for the first time in his career. I’m excited to see what type of player he develops into the rest of the season and the bye week timing should really benefit him

He looked good against the 123rd ranked defense. Let’s see how he looks against BYU. If he looks good, I’ll buy in on Pyne.

Reactions: rgc7 and 88ND
Come on lol

Great post brother! This is going to be a fun season! Keep the posts coming! And,as always, Semper Fi Marine!

Reactions: rgc7 and Pennick4
He gets the next two weeks to settle into the offense with starter reps for the first time in his career. I’m excited to see what type of player he develops into the rest of the season and the bye week timing should really benefit him
Temper, or at least be fair about, the expectations; our WR room is still weak, and that is not gonna resolve this season. This team will win or lose based on how our D plays, and our OLine

Temper, or at least be fair about, the expectations; our WR room is still weak, and that is not gonna resolve this season. This team will win or lose based on how our D plays, and our OLine
agree; the strength of this team is the defense and the ability of the OL to generate an effective running attack. If key injuries are avoided this team will do very well.

Pyne has a weaker arm than probably any top 25 qb. Maybe there’s one or two that are on his level but of the ones I’ve seen he has a weaker arm. With that said the talent around him on offense is top 15 level if not top 10, so if he can just game manage I do think he can have some success here.

NC has the worst defense in the world. Let's wait until ND plays at least a top 50 offense.

What QBs are you trying to compare Pyne to? What major games are you talking about?

Mostly agree with this. Our greatest weakness at wide receiver is lack of depth and lack of experience. We can’t change the lack of depth, but every game means more experience,and more development. Styles and Mayer and Thomas looked very good against a terrible defense, but both Styles and Thomas benefit greatly from gaining more experience. But we need a couple others to show up…Lenzy and Wilkins and Colzie and Merriweather can be difference makers for the WR room.

Not at all sure what we have with this OL. They opened holes for our running backs and provided great protection for Pyne against a very weak North Carolina defense. I still think Zeke at center and Lugg at RG are major liabilities, and hope to be proven wrong with the BYU game. They are the key to our offense.

I posted previously that we needed to see Pyne get his swagger back, and we certainly saw this with the UNC game. His receivers got separation and his line gave him time, and he made a lot of good throws and good reads. We need him to continue to make the right reads, and we need his swagger; but we won’t see much of either if the OL and receivers play like they did against Marshall. The BYU game has grown in significance, and this bye came at the perfect time in my opinion.

Pyne has a weaker arm than probably any top 25 qb. Maybe there’s one or two that are on his level but of the ones I’ve seen he has a weaker arm. With that said the talent around him on offense is top 15 level if not top 10, so if he can just game manage I do think he can have some success here.
The WR room is anything but top 10 or top 15. I mean, come on. Our WR room, at present, is barely average

The WR room is anything but top 10 or top 15. I mean, come on. Our WR room, at present, is barely average

Styles 4 star
Thomas 4 star
Lenzy 4 star
Colzie 4 star
Plus best TE in football

Seems good to me

Or, are you saying star rankings mean nothing? Which at times is the case.

Styles 4 star
Thomas 4 star
Lenzy 4 star
Colzie 4 star
Plus best TE in football

Seems good to me

Colzie has been injured. Barely has played. We have zero depth. Lenzy hasnt lived up to his ranking. Just not enough there to be top 20 even

Reactions: Kelso86
Ya the wr room is the somewhat weak link, although styles looks good and Thomas looks like he can be a good possession reciever. Need someone else to step in here and there. But our rb unit is top 10, o line should be top 10 although they haven’t always played like it. And of course Mayer is the real key, one of the biggest weapons in the nation regardless of position. All in all I think that’s top 10-15 worthy

The obvious comparison is Stetson Bennett. They're both listed at 5'11". And I doubt Bennett's arm strength is much stronger than Pyne's. And Bennett just won an NC as a "game manager."

The obvious comparison is Stetson Bennett. They're both listed at 5'11". And I doubt Bennett's arm strength is much stronger than Pyne's. And Bennett just won an NC as a "game manager."
Really? Well they are both short. I would just call him a poor man's Ian Book. That's a lot easier. And they both play in the same offense, so it's easy to visualize Pyne doing the same things Book did, by and large. And Book was an extremely successful, great college QB. So he's a perfectly fine QB to be emulated.

So I think charity begins at home for this one....

Styles 4 star
Thomas 4 star
Lenzy 4 star
Colzie 4 star
Plus best TE in football

Seems good to me

2nd best TE

We'll never have the talent around him on both sides of the ball that that Ga team had. Hes also more athletic than Pyne

We'll never have the talent around him on both sides of the ball that that Ga team had. Hes also more athletic than Pyne
UGA had a dominant defense. Not just good, dominant. ND has a slightly better than good D.

No, but we do have more talent than most of the teams on our schedule.

Ya the wr room is the somewhat weak link, although styles looks good and Thomas looks like he can be a good possession reciever. Need someone else to step in here and there. But our rb unit is top 10, o line should be top 10 although they haven’t always played like it. And of course Mayer is the real key, one of the biggest weapons in the nation regardless of position. All in all I think that’s top 10-15 worthy
Agree with everything but the top 10 - 15. Hope I'm proven wrong

No, but we do have more talent than most of the teams on our schedule.
Yeah. But if your goal is to win playoff games and a NC, we need better.

We can win a lot of games with Pyne, but we wont be able to win the biggest of games with him

I'm optimistic as well, but it was UNC. That defense might just be the worst defense in the P5.
I'm not going to get as overexcited ad some on this board. There was a reason TB was named the starter. let's see how he does against BYU, Clemson, USC, etc. before we claim he's the guy.

Reactions: IrishMike409

We can win a lot of games with Pyne, but we wont be able to win the biggest of games with him
And that's what UGA thought when Stetson Bennett first went there. You nor I or anybody on this board have a clue of what Pyne will or won't do.

Reactions: mbd11

And USC is not defeating Georgia or Alabama this season with Caleb Williams.

It takes way way way more than QB play.

Reactions: mbd11
And that's what UGA thought when Stetson Bennett first went there. You nor I or anybody on this board have a clue of what Pyne will or won't do.
We will never have the talent that Georgia has so Stetson could not have won that Title at Notre Dame. Drew might be able to win one at Ga but not here

If you think he could, you are lying to yourself

We need a difference maker at QB, because we dont have the team talent that Alabama or Georgia has

Who's talking about playoffs for this year? I just want to see Pyne lead us to a good finish and a good bowl at this point. And I think he can do that.

Who's talking about playoffs for this year? I just want to see Pyne lead us to a good finish and a good bowl at this point. And I think he can do that.
I'm talking about his long term projection

I agree he can do that what you said.

We will never have the talent that Georgia has so Stetson could not have won that Title at Notre Dame. Drew might be able to win one at Ga but not here

If you think he could, you are lying to yourself

We need a difference maker at QB, because we dont have the team talent that Alabama or Georgia has
Wrong again ... oh oh I'm sorry, that's right you've never coached, but you see things. So you must be right.

Buchner would’ve had more yards and more points against UNC. UNC defense is horrendous. Pyne is fine. He’s going to struggle when the OL gets challenged.

Wrong again ... oh oh I'm sorry, that's right you've never coached, but you see things. So you must be right.
Another moronic laughable response from you

Let's see what you disagree with though

You think we can recruit the talent of that Georgia team where they had 15 players drafted and are number 1 the year after?

Do you think Stetson Bennett is good enough to win a Title at ND the last 3 years?

Do you think Drew can't win one at Georgia?

Do you think he can here?

Do you think we need a difference maker at QB?

Do you think we have the talent of Alabama and Georgia?

Let's see what you disagree with

Another moronic laughable response from you

Let's see what you disagree with though

You think we can recruit the talent of that Georgia team where they had 15 players drafted and are number 1 the year after?

Do you think Stetson Bennett is good enough to win a Title at ND the last 3 years?

Do you think Drew can't win one at Georgia?

Do you think he can here?

Do you think we need a difference maker at QB?

Do you think we have the talent of Alabama and Georgia?

Let's see what you disagree with
I think we can agree that you need to grow up before we can debate anything. Let's just leave it at that. I don't have the time for people who can't converse with civility. Again, when and if, you grow up we can revisit it; I won't ignore you, so I'll know.

Reactions: Zorich 88
I think we can agree that you need to grow up before we can debate anything. Let's just leave it at that. I don't have the time for people who can't converse with civility. Again, when and if, you grow up we can revisit it; I won't ignore you, so I'll know.
Weak

And USC is not defeating Georgia or Alabama this season with Caleb Williams.

It takes way way way more than QB play.
They would laugh at USC. Did you see Oregon State basically blow that game? 4 turnovers against Oregon State and you win by 3? I have a friend on OSU staff. He said the body language by some of the mercenaries at WR was interesting when they weren't getting targets.

ADVERTISEMENT