ADVERTISEMENT

Pyne’s

You can’t compare individuals in totally different environments.

You can compare individuals when you have them take identical tests.

Some might call it the NFL Combine
Sure you can. A lot of the top qbs don't even work out at the combine.

You're really showing your lack of football intelligence today

Name them !
Andrew Luck, Tim Tebow, Johnny Manziel, Maty Stafford, Brady Quinn, RG3

And others... just to name a few

A lot of qbs dont throw at the combine.

The most important evaluation is the film, not the combine. Thats only one small part of the process

Reactions: tbonesays
Andrew Luck, Tim Tebow, Johnny Manziel, Maty Stafford, Brady Quinn, RG3

And others... just to name a few

A lot of qbs dont throw at the combine.

The most important evaluation is the film, not the combine. Thats only one small part of the process
You’re wrong again ….. and again ….. and again.

You know nothing about football

For a starter, Andrew Luck worked out for the NFL Combine

His 40 time was 4.67
Vertical jump 36”
3 cone 6.8
Standing broad jump 10’ 4”

Do you want his other stats

Constantly correcting you has become too frequent and too tedious.

You know nothing about football !

Tim Tebow, Johnny Manziel, Matt Stafford, RG3 and Brady Quinn also worked out for the NFL Combine and their stats are also available.

You know nothing about football and you prove it with every post !

Last edited:
You’re wrong again ….. and again ….. and again.

You know nothing about football

For a starter, Andrew Luck worked out for the NFL Combine

His 40 time was 4.67
Vertical jump 36”
3 cone 6.8
Standing broad jump 10’ 4”

Do you want his other stats

Constantly correcting you has become too frequent and too tedious.

You know nothing about football !

Tim Tebow, Johnny Manziel, Matt Stafford, RG3 and Brady Quinn also worked out for the NFL Combine and their stats are also available.

You know nothing about football and you prove it with every post !
He didnt throw you dummy.

You really know nothing about football

He didnt throw you dummy.

You really know nothing about football
So they went to the combine and performed all of the tests but they didn’t throw a football ?
How do you know that they didn’t throw a football, we’re you there ?

So they went to the combine and performed all of the tests but they didn’t throw a football ?
How do you know that they didn’t throw a football, we’re you there ?
Look it up. None of those QBs threw a football there. And theres a lot more as well who didnt

Ian Book did not have the best best run esapabilty in his draft

Ian Books arm is much stronger than Pynes

I disagree with your opinion regarding arm strength. Neither IB nor DP have exceptionally strong arms, but there is little doubt in my mind that Pyne has a stronger arm than Ian ever did. Watch this video and tell me that Drew doesn't have a stronger arm than IB:

IB had good accuracy on short to intermediate throws, but I believe Pyne has him beat in the accuracy category, too. Ian is faster than Drew will ever be and had better escapability. And Drew has shown a penchant for making the occasional stupid play. Ian was someone you could trust to be smart back there. Maybe Drew will clean that up as he gets more experience. I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised with how good Pyne turns out to be.

Our real problem is a lack of good receivers to throw to. Pyne is going to have to lean hard on Mayer because outside of Lorenzo Styles there just aren't any receivers that have shown an ability to be difference makers. Kelly left the cupboard pretty bare at the WR position, though in Kelly's defense losing CJ Williams to USC and Amorion Walker to UM were tough losses. Given the likelihood that both of those guys would have seen the field early and often, I wonder if they might be second guessing themselves. Both have 1 catch so far this season.

I disagree with your opinion regarding arm strength. Neither IB nor DP have exceptionally strong arms, but there is little doubt in my mind that Pyne has a stronger arm than Ian ever did. Watch this video and tell me that Drew doesn't have a stronger arm than IB:

IB had good accuracy on short to intermediate throws, but I believe Pyne has him beat in the accuracy category, too. Ian is faster than Drew will ever be and had better escapability. And Drew has shown a penchant for making the occasional stupid play. Ian was someone you could trust to be smart back there. Maybe Drew will clean that up as he gets more experience. I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised with how good Pyne turns out to be.

Our real problem is a lack of good receivers to throw to. Pyne is going to have to lean hard on Mayer because outside of Lorenzo Styles there just aren't any receivers that have shown an ability to be difference makers. Kelly left the cupboard pretty bare at the WR position, though in Kelly's defense losing CJ Williams to USC and Amorion Walker to UM were tough losses. Given the likelihood that both of those guys would have seen the field early and often, I wonder if they might be second guessing themselves. Both have 1 catch so far this season.
Ian definitely had a stronger arm. Neither is very good but Drew has a weak arm. His se yr in hs he had the shortest deep throw at the combine he was at at 49 yards. And that was with no pads. I still haven't seen him throw a50 yarder in the air in a game or at practice.

Ian had a 55 yarder with pads on in a game before.

Ians arm is stronger than Pynes. Although both are below average

ND fans are going to be a treat to behold during the MF era. Most people think of you guys as simply delusional, but I get the feeling it's going to be a weekly exhibition of gushing posts like this.

Keep 'em coming....

Reactions: rgc7
Pyne’s arm is way more reliable than Ian Book’s. Who

Pyne’s arm is way more reliable than Ian Book’s. Who agrees?
To small a sampling...

What we know on Pyne...

No deep ball threat yet...

And...

His accuracy rivals Wimbush when rolling to his right or even a waggle.

Honestly I'd make him throw on the run for an entire practice.

It's not hard whatsoever and these plays aren't needing a 50 yard lazzzuuurrrr on the run.

The one was about 5 yards away and the other was busted coverage and a possible score but still only about a 20 yard throw.

If for some reason he can't make that throw then quit running them until he can

ND fans are going to be a treat to behold during the MF era. Most people think of you guys as simply delusional, but I get the feeling it's going to be a weekly exhibition of gushing posts like this.

Keep 'em coming....

You are the most immature and truculent poster on this board. But you know that. And you probably take pride in it. You have no clue as to what Notre Dame is about, or what it means to be a Notre Dame fan. So at the end of the day, nobody here really gives a shit about what you think or have to say about Notre Dame football.

You are the most immature and truculent poster on this board. But you know that. And you probably take pride in it. You have no clue as to what Notre Dame is about, or what it means to be a Notre Dame fan. So at the end of the day, nobody here really gives a shit about what you think or have to say about Notre Dame football.
I'm not truculent, at least not most of the time, That's a terrible use of that word, and yet just the sort of melodramatic thing a prissy ND fan would accuse someone else of. If anything you're being rather truculent yourself with this rant you've directed at me.

In any case, are you the same guy who made that god-awful analogy of MF to Lou Gehrig? And how he was going to "Wally Pipp" BK? If so, now's your chance to use that analogy, when it actually has a little bit of applicability. And Drew Pyne can play that role vis a vis Type Buchner! It's not a perfect comparison at all, but it's close enough to not be completely stupid, if you're still all defiant and hot to trot to do that....

But not really though, because it's Ian Book you want to make look bad, and inferior, not TB. Just like you wanted to belittle BK. Well, to your credit you didn't try to make a stupid and complete inapt analogy about it. You just declared Ian Book to be shittier than Drew Pyne after one not completely disastrously-bad performance by Pyne. Instead of just enjoying a nice win.....

I'm not truculent, at least not most of the time, That's a terrible use of that word, and yet just the sort of melodramatic thing a prissy ND fan would accuse someone else of. If anything you're being rather truculent yourself with this rant you've directed at me.

In any case, are you the same guy who made that god-awful analogy of MF to Lou Gehrig? And how he was going to "Wally Pipp" BK? If so, now's your chance to use that analogy, when it actually has a little bit of applicability. And Drew Pyne can play that role vis a vis Type Buchner! It's not a perfect comparison at all, but it's close enough to not be completely stupid, if you're still all defiant and hot to trot to do that....

But not really though, because it's Ian Book you want to make look bad, and inferior, not TB. Just like you wanted to belittle BK. Well, to your credit you didn't try to make a stupid and complete inapt analogy about it. You just declared Ian Book to be shittier than Drew Pyne after one not completely disastrously-bad performance by Pyne. Instead of just enjoying a nice win.....

You don't like "truculent"? It that is too big of a word for you, maybe you will find "needlessly disagreeable asshole" more to your liking? All you do is argue with other posters here, and belittle the football team and those you disagree with, which is pretty much everyone. If that were not enough, you find it appropriate to mock other people's religious beliefs. It is ok to disagree with other people's opinions, but too often you seem to find it necessary to mock, ridicule or insult other posters. I find your shtick tiresome. It is certainly not insightful, and I am simply calling you out for who you are.

I have never belittled Brian Kelly or Ian Book. Find a post where I have. I will save you the time; there aren't any. Neither have I ever declared Ian Book to be a shittier QB than Drew Pyne. But you have shown yourself to be adept at making straw man arguments. I appreciate what Coach Kelly did for the program, but am also able to recognize what his weaknesses were. You, on the other hand, are simply blind to Kelly's faults, and are stupefied that the ND fanbase doesn't worship the man.

I am mystified why you post here. Clearly you have little love for Notre Dame football. And when you aren't insulting people, you just like arguing with them. Why?

You don't like "truculent"? It that is too big of a word for you, maybe you will find "needlessly disagreeable asshole" more to your liking? All you do is argue with other posters here, and belittle the football team and those you disagree with, which is pretty much everyone. If that were not enough, you find it appropriate to mock other people's religious beliefs. It is ok to disagree with other people's opinions, but too often you seem to find it necessary to mock, ridicule or insult other posters. I find your shtick tiresome. It is certainly not insightful, and I am simply calling you out for who you are.

I have never belittled Brian Kelly or Ian Book. Find a post where I have. I will save you the time; there aren't any. Neither have I ever declared Ian Book to be a shittier QB than Drew Pyne. But you have shown yourself to be adept at making straw man arguments. I appreciate what Coach Kelly did for the program, but am also able to recognize what his weaknesses were. You, on the other hand, are simply blind to Kelly's faults, and are stupefied that the ND fanbase doesn't worship the man.

I am mystified why you post here. Clearly you have little love for Notre Dame football. And when you aren't insulting people, you just like arguing with them. Why?
I think you do it by implication. Like when you absurdly compare MF to Lou Gehrig. And the implication.... is that BK is some forgettable nothing, a historical footnote like the infamous Wally Pipp. Even though BK and certainly not MF is the closest to thing Lou Gehrig in ND's history, him being the all-time winningest coach and whatnot. And MF has accomplished absolutely nothing at all. Maybe if you said that at the conclusion of his first year, and let's say he made the playoff and had a fantastic debut season. Then you could sort of get away with something like that. But not before he's even coached a game. Then you're just being rude. Do you follow me? I feel like I'm almost talking to a child here.....

And then you just now pooh-poohed Ian Book, as being a lesser QB than Drew Pyne. Which is pretty absurd on its face. I realize that you can claim that this is but your personal opinion, and thus beyond the reach of any sort of common criticism from a sentimental fan like myself. But I just don't agree. It is truly rampant in this fanbase, all these various innocent opinions that coincidentally contain a striking lack of respect for two truly proven commodities in ND football history, and recent history at that! And while I admit to being a little hypersensitive to it, I'm not imagining it either....

Anyway, hopefully Drew Pyne will be a pretty good QB for us, even though - never say never - he's not likely to match Ian Book's exploits, and certainly shows no particular evidence of possessing superior traits or talents....

And hopefully, you could consider not bringing up BK or Ian Book or Jeff Quinn or anyone else associated with that ancient regime, unless you're going to say something nice about it. Given it's almost impeccable record with respect to the program it handed off to MF to take over. I mean aren't you an alum, don't you want to be above the level of the rest of this rabble? I'd like to think you would, but some people just aren't strong enough I suppose. Anyway, something to think about......

I think you do it by implication. Like when you absurdly compare MF to Lou Gehrig. And the implication.... is that BK is some forgettable nothing, a historical footnote like the infamous Wally Pipp. Even though BK and certainly not MF is the closest to thing Lou Gehrig in ND's history, him being the all-time winningest coach and whatnot. And MF has accomplished absolutely nothing at all. Maybe if you said that at the conclusion of his first year, and let's say he made the playoff and had a fantastic debut season. Then you could sort of get away with something like that. But not before he's even coached a game. Then you're just being rude. Do you follow me? I feel like I'm almost talking to a child here.....

And then you just now pooh-poohed Ian Book, as being a lesser QB than Drew Pyne. Which is pretty absurd on its face. I realize that you can claim that this is but your personal opinion, and thus beyond the reach of any sort of common criticism from a sentimental fan like myself. But I just don't agree. It is truly rampant in this fanbase, all these various innocent opinions that coincidentally contain a striking lack of respect for two truly proven commodities in ND football history, and recent history at that! And while I admit to being a little hypersensitive to it, I'm not imagining it either....

Anyway, hopefully Drew Pyne will be a pretty good QB for us, even though - never say never - he's not likely to match Ian Book's exploits, and certainly shows no particular evidence of possessing superior traits or talents....

And hopefully, you could consider not bringing up BK or Ian Book or Jeff Quinn or anyone else associated with that ancient regime, unless you're going to say something nice about it. Given it's almost impeccable record with respect to the program it handed off to MF to take over. I mean aren't you an alum, don't you want to be above the level of the rest of this rabble? I'd like to think you would, but some people just aren't strong enough I suppose. Anyway, something to think about......

I am baffled by some of the conclusions you have drawn about things I have posted here. Never did I state, imply or insinuate that Ian Book is a lesser QB than Drew Pyne. To use your words, that would be absurd on its face. I have nothing but good things to say about Ian Book's career at ND. He played his heart out for ND, and as an alumnus and fan, I tip my hat to him for that. I simply stated my opinion (in response to Pyne's several critics here) that Drew Pyne's arm strength is equal to, and perhaps slightly better than, Ian Book's. That is just an opinion based upon my observation of both of their play, nothing more, nothing less. (Some might call that damning with faint praise, but that is a discussion for another day.) There is no doubt that Drew Pyne has a long way to go before he reaches Ian Book's level of QB play. Because I am a glass half full guy, I hope (and think he can) get there, but certainly he is not there yet. And if by the grace of God Pyne turns out to be a better QB than Book, that doesn't detract in any way from Ian's career at ND.

As for the Lou Gehrig/Marcus Freeman analogy, you didn't like it. That's fine. I was simply expressing some of my own enthusiasm for the Marcus Freeman hire. I wasn't ripping into Brian Kelly, and if that is what you concluded from it, boy, you are reading way too much into it. You need to lighten up a little bit.

I am baffled by some of the conclusions you have drawn about things I have posted here. Never did I state, imply or insinuate that Ian Book is a lesser QB than Drew Pyne. To use your words, that would be absurd on its face. I have nothing but good things to say about Ian Book's career at ND. He played his heart out for ND, and as an alumnus and fan, I tip my hat to him for that. I simply stated my opinion (in response to Pyne's several critics here) that Drew Pyne's arm strength is equal to, and perhaps slightly better than, Ian Book's. That is just an opinion based upon my observation of both of their play, nothing more, nothing less. (Some might call that damning with faint praise, but that is a discussion for another day.) There is no doubt that Drew Pyne has a long way to go before he reaches Ian Book's level of QB play. Because I am a glass half full guy, I hope (and think he can) get there, but certainly he is not there yet. And if by the grace of God Pyne turns out to be a better QB than Book, that doesn't detract in any way from Ian's career at ND.

As for the Lou Gehrig/Marcus Freeman analogy, you didn't like it. That's fine. I was simply expressing some of my own enthusiasm for the Marcus Freeman hire. I wasn't ripping into Brian Kelly, and if that is what you concluded from it, boy, you are reading way too much into it. You need to lighten up a little bit.

Alright, dude. Have it your way, you're awesome. You're a gentleman and a scholar, you've never taken anyone's name in vain who didn't rightly deserve it. And even if you did there's just nothing to be done about it, quite naturally. Folks is going to bag on BK and Ian Book and whoever else, and that's just the way of the world.

Just try to understand, as much as you guys feel, apparently, like it's your birthright to take the occasional liberties shall we say, with their honor and credit as two genuine stars in the history of ND football... I take exception to it and am very protective of their good names and legacies. What can I say, I just love them both to death!

So, anyway, that's enough of this. And I duly apologize for besmirching you with these outrageous claims or whatever. Hope that makes you feel better....

He is who we have, he is 2-0 as a starter and he just was part of a 600 yard game.

I’m shocked after watching the BG game with him.

For now, he is the man and I am a fan.

You can compare anyone you want, but your conclusions would be worthless because you lack the factual metrics and you lack the ability to analyze and discern the relevant factors.

You’re basically an armchair know nothing Like all of us.
You are so fuuuuuuuuny!!!

You just replied to me in bold letters

You said:

"Why don’t you compare his stats to Joe Montana’s and Deshone Kizer’s stats and tell us how they compare.

DP’s completion percentage and Yards Per Attempt are both higher than Tom Brady’s CP and YPA."

Come on man, which is it???????

You are so fuuuuuuuuny!!!

You just replied to me in bold letters

You said:

"Why don’t you compare his stats to Joe Montana’s and Deshone Kizer’s stats and tell us how they compare.

DP’s completion percentage and Yards Per Attempt are both higher than Tom Brady’s CP and YPA."

Come on man, which is it???????
BOTH

Answer my question/s

howtall can you be before you are expelled from midgetry?
ladies midgets GIF

4'10"

I simply stated my opinion
To some....like the one you're engaged in conversation with....is all that's required to trigger them.

They get on a message board that is literally 99% opinion driven yet get triggered if an opinion differs from their's.
You'd think they were taking it personally which is rather funny because the very person they're coming to the aid of...doesn't give one shit about them.

Funny how that works

To some....like the one you're engaged in conversation with....is all that's required to trigger them.

They get on a message board that is literally 99% opinion driven yet get triggered if an opinion differs from their's.
You'd think they were taking it personally which is rather funny because the very person they're coming to the aid of...doesn't give one shit about them.

Funny how that works
I could not agree more with you

To small a sampling...

What we know on Pyne...

No deep ball threat yet...

And...

His accuracy rivals Wimbush when rolling to his right or even a waggle.

Honestly I'd make him throw on the run for an entire practice.

It's not hard whatsoever and these plays aren't needing a 50 yard lazzzuuurrrr on the run.

The one was about 5 yards away and the other was busted coverage and a possible score but still only about a 20 yard throw.

If for some reason he can't make that throw then quit running them until he can
Thanks Coach.

Reactions: Zorich 88
ADVERTISEMENT