ADVERTISEMENT

Pyne’s

He's not better than Tyler Buchner. And he's laughably, ludicrously not better than Ian Book, but these are ND fans we're talking about, and they are won't to say some pretty outrageous shit. Case in point....

But he did good shit today!

He's not better than Tyler Buchner. And he's laughably, ludicrously not better than Ian Book, but these are ND fans we're talking about, and they are won't to say some pretty outrageous shit. Case in point....

But he did good shit today!
Nice to count on the daily stupidity you drivel.
Right now he is about the same as TB and is growing better every week.

Reactions: pem55
One thing that will be interesting this season, the first of the post-BK era, is to keep tabs on what ND's considerable legions of toxic hater fans are going to do. Tyler Buchner was very clearly the player they had targeted, and even though he's now on the bench, which is a goddamn shame, they're not quite ready to relinquish that.

So for now it's Drew Pyne's lucky day. Mainly they're bracing themselves for the abject humiliation that they're now maybe going to be able to avoid, if the offense can keep it up. But we'll see how the season goes....

Pyne's not as talented as Buchner, but he's better at running an offense. And that's important, too.

He played an efficient game today, and had a nice stat line, with 289 yds and 3 TDs.

Pyne's not as talented as Buchner, but he's better at running an offense. And that's important, too.

He played an efficient game today, and had a nice stat line, with 289 yds and 3 TDs.
No he isn't. He isn't better at anything. HE ISN'T BETTER AT ANYTHING. He's the QB now because TB's out for the season, which is doubly cruel considering how TB sustained the injury. And if TB hadn't got hurt, he'd still be the starter, and he'd have won just as convincingly as Pyne did. I feel supremely confident in asserting.

What perverse consolation fans somehow get out of equating TB's absence with this big win, I don't even want to know. But I have to excuse ND fans, they've been through a lot this young season so far. Their heads are still spinning.....

No he isn't. He isn't better at anything. HE ISN'T BETTER AT ANYTHING. He's the QB now because TB's out for the season, which is doubly cruel considering how TB sustained the injury. And if TB hadn't got hurt, he'd still be the starter, and he'd have won just as convincingly as Pyne did. I feel supremely confident in asserting.

What perverse consolation fans somehow get out of equating TB's absence with this big win, I don't even want to know. But I have to excuse ND fans, they've been through a lot this young season so far. Their heads are still spinning.....
I think that Pyne is probably a better thrower.

perverse is a good word to describe you.

• Haha
Reactions: NDinNJ and pem55
I definitely don't. But Pyne was money today, very admirable performance. And these fans need something to hold onto, some kind of 'I told you so'.....

But better or for worse, this is going to be Drew Pyne's year. So far it's for the better....
I don’t think your take is wild or unreasonable. I just never felt like TB was a pure thrower. I’m certainly not a QB expert, but the throwing motion just looked off to me. I love his running style and thought that he could be a difference maker at QB based on that alone.

From my viewpoint (TV on Saturdays only), Pyne seems to throw a better ball with a quicker release.

Either way, Pyne’s ceiling as a starter likely just isn’t high enough for ND to win a major bowl game.

Feels like the limit on this team is 9 wins, and a shitty bowl win. I’d be shocked if Pyne beats Clemson. Hope like hell that I’m wrong (often am!).

I don’t think your take is wild or unreasonable. I just never felt like TB was a pure thrower. I’m certainly not a QB expert, but the throwing motion just looked off to me. I love his running style and thought that he could be a difference maker at QB based on that alone.

From my viewpoint (TV on Saturdays only), Pyne seems to throw a better ball with a quicker release.

Either way, Pyne’s ceiling as a starter likely just isn’t high enough for ND to win a major bowl game.

Feels like the limit on this team is 9 wins, and a shitty bowl win. I’d be shocked if Pyne beats Clemson. Hope like hell that I’m wrong (often am!).
Oh, why thank you! The pulse of the fanbase this offseason was that Buchner possibly sucks, or that he didn't quite do it for them for whatever prissy reasons.... But that Drew Pyne was unplayably bad. Like, walk-on level bad. So this sudden about-face, on Drew Pyne actually being quietly better than Buchner the whole time is, how do they say, is fatuous.... I believe that's the word for it.

This is all academic of course on account of TB's injury. And this is now Drew Pyne's year. And he totally had the look of someone who had thoroughly resigned himself to permanent bench-warmer status. So you gotta love how this kid is getting to play. We'll see what sort of Kizer/Zaire type situation we might have for next season, when TB's returned....

TB strong point in passing is his quick release!

Reactions: IrishMike409
I’m going to wait until I see if Pyne gets drafted by the NFL, and then I’ll give you my answer !
That was not the question though. Ian‘s running and ability to scape were the best of any QB in the draft. But Pyne’s arm compared favorably to IB and TB. We will see at the end of the season.

That was not the question though. Ian‘s running and ability to scape were the best of any QB in the draft. But Pyne’s arm compared favorably to IB and TB. We will see at the end of the season.
Ian Book did not have the best best run esapabilty in his draft

Ian Books arm is much stronger than Pynes

Reactions: IrishMike409
I really like Pyne’s quick release and his ability to read defenses. He was four star quarterback for a reason. There is adjustment going from a bunch multi year starters to first time starter. You cannot compare Buckner or Pyne to guys who started multiple years yet.

I really like Pyne’s quick release and his ability to read defenses. He was four star quarterback for a reason. There is adjustment going from a bunch multi year starters to first time starter. You cannot compare Buckner or Pyne to guys who started multiple years yet.
Pyne has played pretty well after a rough first half against Cal. He’ll never win any speed races but I like how he is in the pocket and how he can get a couple first downs when the pocket breaks down.

Don’t you think that you should wait until Pyne completes his senior year before passing judgement ?

Pyne is more a tactical QB, relying much on the OC’s game plan and teammates. He will never beat you with his individual talents. So goes the OC and teammates, so goes Pyne.

Reactions: 4-4-3
Pyne is more a tactical QB, relying much on the OC’s game plan and teammate. He will never beat you with his individual talents. So goes the OC and teammates, so goes Pyne.
Now that is a reasonable statement. He's a system QB, and if all the rest of our schedule goes like yesterday did, he can be an effective one. Which presumably was the idea when recruiting him. He's got his limitations, quite visibly, but he could nevertheless flourish in this offense if all the pistons are firing, and the other pieces are sufficiently in place.

Then you can’t compare Book as a senior+ with Pyne as a Junior.
Sure you can. I can compare Book to Trevor Lawrence as a freshman and say that TL was way more talented and the better qb

I can say that Bryce Young and CJ Stroud were way better as sophomores last year than Ian Book ever was

Reactions: rgc7
Sure you can. I can compare Book to Trevor Lawrence as a freshman and say that TL was way more talented and the better qb

I can say that Bryce Young and CJ Stroud were way better as sophomores last year than Ian Book ever was
You can compare anyone you want, but your conclusions would be worthless because you lack the factual metrics and you lack the ability to analyze and discern the relevant factors.

You’re basically an armchair know nothing Like all of us.

You can’t compare individuals in totally different environments.

You can compare individuals when you have them take identical tests.

Some might call it the NFL Combine

ADVERTISEMENT