ADVERTISEMENT

Purple Face gets an illegal million.

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
LSU professor slams university for double payment mistake to Kelly. Claims Education castrated while football gets the money.

I wonder if Kelly cashed the check before the mistake was discovered?

LSU professor slams university for double payment mistake to Kelly. Claims Education castrated while football gets the money.

That's why the POS went to LSU - matches his outstanding character.

Reactions: Chitown11
What I read was that the payment went to Kelly's LLC and his contract will be restructured to pay it back by the end of next year. It makes you wonder, though, about priorities in this country when a football coach is an employee of his own LLC. Figuring out the finances is way beyond my pay grade, that's for sure.

What I read was that the payment went to Kelly's LLC and his contract will be restructured to pay it back by the end of next year. It makes you wonder, though, about priorities in this country when a football coach is an employee of his own LLC. Figuring out the finances is way beyond my pay grade, that's for sure.
Regardless, kind of hard not to recognize an additional $1M of income!

Reactions: BGI User 756
Really ? Blaming Kelly for a mistake that wasn't his fault at all ? I'm sure all of those passing judgment would have been sprinting to their bank to report the error...
Well that depends. Did Kelly catch it and alert LSU or did LSU find it? Regardless I stand by what I said, BK is a Douche.

Reactions: theskibro
Well that depends. Did Kelly catch it and alert LSU or did LSU find it? Regardless I stand by what I said, BK is a Douche.
Kelly was overpaid $1,001,368 in supplemental payments in 2022 because of duplicate payments made both to Kelly's LLC and to the coach directly.

The double payments began in May and continued until LSU officials detected the errors in November.

Reactions: theskibro
Kelly was overpaid $1,001,368 in supplemental payments in 2022 because of duplicate payments made both to Kelly's LLC and to the coach directly.

The double payments began in May and continued until LSU officials detected the errors in November.
If that is the case not only is he a Douche, he is also a dishonest thieving POS

I wouldn't begin to defend Kelly....glad he's gone. But.....at that economic level....he surely has high-powered accountants who oversee his finances; and whose fiduciary responsibilities should have identified this (on his behalf). Were his financial advisers sleeping at the switch?

He's been gone over a year -- who really cares about him?

Too many people on here wanted him gone -- well, he left.

And yet, people are still bitching about him --

Last edited:
Threads like this, and this aspect of the BK-bashing, hating, character assassination insanity perversity is more fascinating than it is infuriating. If you want to see in action the depths of aggressive human lying and dishonesty, at the everyday trash, grassroots level, this message board, and this little demographic of American society has it in spades and it's still going.

No matter how banal the story, the whole thing was a typo of some kind, an accounting mistake, and he's not actually stealing or receiving an extra million dollars. But as long as, in your guys pitiful little world of eternal resentment and unfulfilled male lusts, and you can get some traction with it, no matter how obviously, absurdly untrue and irrelevant and pointless, you'll weaponize what you can against him. And impulsively will something false into being regarded as true. Or at least you'll try....

So if anybody wonders why human society is so effed up, and how and where it all starts, little shit like this is as good as an example as any.....

Reactions: Kelso86
I wouldn't begin to defend Kelly....glad he's gone. But.....at that economic level....he surely has high-powered accountants who oversee his finances; and whose fiduciary responsibilities should have identified this (on his behalf). Were his financial advisers sleeping at the switch?
That was sort of my take. It's high finance, not like me getting my paycheck every week and not looking at it because I have auto-deposit.

That was sort of my take. It's high finance, not like me getting my paycheck every week and not looking at it because I have auto-deposit.
I believe their reaction was: Party!

Threads like this, and this aspect of the BK-bashing, hating, character assassination insanity perversity is more fascinating than it is infuriating. If you want to see in action the depths of aggressive human lying and dishonesty, at the everyday trash, grassroots level, this message board, and this little demographic of American society has it in spades and it's still going.

No matter how banal the story, the whole thing was a typo of some kind, an accounting mistake, and he's not actually stealing or receiving an extra million dollars. But as long as, in your guys pitiful little world of eternal resentment and unfulfilled male lusts, and you can get some traction with it, no matter how obviously, absurdly untrue and irrelevant and pointless, you'll weaponize what you can against him. And impulsively will something false into being regarded as true. Or at least you'll try....

So if anybody wonders why human society is so effed up, and how and where it all starts, little shit like this is as good as an example as any.....
You are correct about society being quick to criticize and Twitter is the poster child for that

You are dead Ffin wrong saying this thread is a “little shit” and indicative of societal wrongs

1- I shared information that is relevant to this board. Doesn’t matter that Kelly left.
2- I made no perjoratives or claims. I am guilty of labeling him with the affectionate “purple face”. That’s about it.
3- Kelly lawyers or accountants or whatever - it looks bad when LSU is the one that finds the mistake - after like 5 months.
4- I don’t like the guy. This thread is informational and the reader can draw their own conclusions

You are correct about society being quick to criticize and Twitter is the poster child for that

You are dead Ffin wrong saying this thread is a “little shit” and indicative of societal wrongs

1- I shared information that is relevant to this board. Doesn’t matter that Kelly left.
2- I made no perjoratives or claims. I am guilty of labeling him with the affectionate “purple face”. That’s about it.
3- Kelly lawyers or accountants or whatever - it looks bad when LSU is the one that finds the mistake - after like 5 months.
4- I don’t like the guy. This thread is informational and the reader can draw their own conclusions
Whatever, dude. You guys are all pretending that there could be substance to it, trying to drag his name through the mud like you always do. And feigning innocence and playing dumb about it. I guess you're more oblique about it these days....

Whatever, dude. You guys are all pretending that there could be substance to it, trying to drag his name through the mud like you always do. And feigning innocence and playing dumb about it. I guess you're more oblique about it these days....
That’s your opinion and conclusion. It’s far from the integrity of the OP. My opinion is that you jump to conclusions occasionally based on prejudice and on other instances based on information and you do it a lot. — In this case your opinion is not based on information in the OP. It I give you that many times you are on point.

That’s your opinion and conclusion. It’s far from the integrity of the OP. My opinion is that you jump to conclusions occasionally based on prejudice and on other instances based on information and you do it a lot. — In this case your opinion is not based on information in the OP. It I give you that many times you are on point.
You guys long ago have lost the benefit of any doubt. So just STFU about BK, as I've importuned you so many times in the past, if you don't have anything nice to say. We'll just leave it at that.....

Kelly sock puppeteers will need to sewing lessons to plug the holes after this thread!

The only people who hate on winners, are losers. It is that simple. Kelly has won everywhere he has coached and appears to have a successful marriage and productive kids. Not to mention he became a multimillionaire.

I am sure not getting the seal of approval from a bunch of anonymous failures on a ND message forum must be soul crushing. But by all means keep starting these stupid threads, you are showing Brian Kelly who is boss! Said no one ever...

Reactions: sjb75
The only people who hate on winners, are losers. It is that simple. Kelly has won everywhere he has coached and appears to have a successful marriage and productive kids. Not to mention he became a multimillionaire.

I am sure not getting the seal of approval from a bunch of anonymous failures on a ND message forum must be soul crushing. But by all means keep starting these stupid threads, you are showing Brian Kelly who is boss! Said no one ever...
👍

If the money was “direct deposited” into an LLC, it’s doubtful that Kelly would have noticed it.

Professor Mann is a little late to the party in claiming that LSU overemphasizes football.
Either that or he’s been deaf, dumb and blind for the last 75 years.

OR, maybe he’s been hanging out with Golson5 and BGI User 1596 too long.

OUCH !

Categorizing the payment as “illegal” is clear evidence of your bias.

There is nothing “illegal” about the payment !

Your categorization qualifies as defamation.

Last edited:
There is nothing quite like your first illegal million!
Tell us, what was “illegal“ about that payment.

Please cite the statute that makes that payment “illegal”

If you can’t cite the statute, then retract your statement and apologize for what’s tantamount to “defamation” !

Tell us, what was “illegal“ about that payment.

Please cite the statute that makes that payment “illegal”

If you can’t cite the statute, then retract your statement and apologize for what’s tantamount to “defamation” !
You just went full…

Last edited:

You’re defense is seriously flawed.

You didn’t just “share” information, you editorialized it by inserting your personal bias starting with calling Kelly “purple face”

Then you made the quantum leap, reflecting more of your bias, by categorizing the payment as “illegal”.

Then you claimed that it looked bad that LSU discovered the error. If the money was “direct deposited“ into an LLC, why does it look bad ?

Your thread was only partially informational, it was primarily defamational in nature and you know it.

i’m also NOT a fan of Kelly’s, but i‘m not going to resort to creating a false narrative as you have !

You’re defense is seriously flawed.

You didn’t just “share” information, you editorialized it by inserting your personal bias starting with calling Kelly “purple face”

Then you made the quantum leap, reflecting more of your bias, by categorizing the payment as “illegal”.

Then you claimed that it looked bad that LSU discovered the error. If the money was “direct deposited“ into an LLC, why does it look bad ?

Your thread was only partially informational, it was primarily defamational in nature and you know it.

i’m also NOT a fan of Kelly’s, but i‘m not going to resort to creating a false narrative as you have !
If the payment was legal, Kelly can keep it. It’s not. If he tried to keep it he would go to jail for fraud. You are a pompous bag of wind who is a biased loser trying to claim my post is anti Kelly.
Post is all facts. Payment is illegal lsu discovered it. Kelly may or may not have known. And it’s also illegal because it exceeds the legal payment terms of the contract. LSU made an illegal payment

Last edited:
If the payment was legal, Kelly can keep it. It’s not. If he tried to keep it he would go to jail for fraud. You are a pompous bag of wind who is a biased loser trying to claim my post is anti Kelly.
Post is all facts. Payment is illegal lsu discovered it. Kelly may or may not have known
Folks are reacting here almost entirely on their emotions towards Kelly. I don’t care about Kelly post ND one way or the other. Like you, I stated a couple of facts, period. but, those facts don’t make a lot of sense to me….five months of dual payments amounting to $1M overpayment! Kelly makes $9,500,000 a yr, which is nearly $800,000 a month. Double payments for five months would be closer to $4,000,000 in overpayments. So clearly not duplicate payments of his monthly salary. At any rate, I think it is entirely believable that he wouldn’t be aware of receiving what amounts to duplicate payments of $100,000 each to his LLC and himself for the five month period. Now, as for Spring practice…..

And yet you’ll all be there watching every Saturday, faking outrage every other day of the week.

Are you BK's daddy, son, or lover?
I think of myself more as an admirer. And a very sincere, heartfelt one at that. I love that guy, and I wish he was still our coach now, though I'm mainly over it.

Am I his daddy.... As for you, I hope you're really just a troll, and you don't really give a shit about BK. And you just want in on the gangbang, as it were. Because if you really do harbor this sort of continuous aggression and hostility for BK, like the greatest coach in ND history, the team that you supposedly support and render your affections and loyalty unto, then you are a legitimately effed-up human being, on a pretty heavy duty level. And that's not a joke, either. I'm not just calling you a name. That's dark stuff, as I've expressed previously....

So hopefully it's the former and not the latter. And it's true, by all appearances BK is a good man. Down the line, a good family man, and a good coach who doesn't F over his players. With a legit sense of humor and a good personality and intelligence. Which probably makes him all the more odious in your eyes. Not get to sappy about, but BK is definitely a coach I could play for, and I'd run through a wall for that guy. And you can't say that about too many of these awful meathead football coaches most of whom I would never consider letting them tell me what to do or order me around, at any age, even if I'm only 19 years old or whatnot. But BK is a good leader who I would follow....

I think of myself more as an admirer. And a very sincere, heartfelt one at that. I love that guy, and I wish he was still our coach now, though I'm mainly over it.

Am I his daddy.... As for you, I hope you're really just a troll, and you don't really give a shit about BK. And you just want in on the gangbang, as it were. Because if you really do harbor this sort of continuous aggression and hostility for BK, like the greatest coach in ND history, the team that you supposedly support and render your affections and loyalty unto, then you are a legitimately effed-up human being, on a pretty heavy duty level. And that's not a joke, either. I'm not just calling you a name. That's dark stuff, as I've expressed previously....

So hopefully it's the former and not the latter. And it's true, by all appearances BK is a good man. Down the line, a good family man, and a good coach who doesn't F over his players. With a legit sense of humor and a good personality and intelligence. Which probably makes him all the more odious in your eyes. Not get to sappy about, but BK is definitely a coach I could play for, and I'd run through a wall for that guy. And you can't say that about too many of these awful meathead football coaches most of whom I would never consider letting them tell me what to do or order me around, at any age, even if I'm only 19 years old or whatnot. But BK is a good leader who I would follow....
"Admirer" - you only have eyes for your beloved BK.
"Greatest ND coach in history" - LMFAO, hes a good coach, hardly a great one. Still waiting on "big game brian" to win one.
"Doesn't F__k over his players" - Please stop. Remember the quote of "my guys" - "you can see players I recruited, you know who they are". Yep he doesn't throw his guys under the bus.
Never once did this clown ever take ownership for anything. It was always the players/coaches fault, never his
I stand by what I said, he a Douche Bag.
You are delusional and BK is your daddy.

"Admirer" - you only have eyes for your beloved BK.
"Greatest ND coach in history" - LMFAO, hes a good coach, hardly a great one. Still waiting on "big game brian" to win one.
"Doesn't F__k over his players" - Please stop. Remember the quote of "my guys" - "you can see players I recruited, you know who they are". Yep he doesn't throw his guys under the bus.
Never once did this clown ever take ownership for anything. It was always the players/coaches fault, never his
I stand by what I said, he a Douche Bag.
You are delusional and BK is your daddy.
Yeah, no one in their right mind thinks Kelly is the best coach in ND history. He is 10th all time in winning percentage. His wins record was compiled in 12 seasons with soft schedules.

Reactions: Chitown11
ADVERTISEMENT