ADVERTISEMENT

Princeton Recruiting

Toby Smart

All Star
Aug 28, 2002
I saw a story on the sport news that Princeton has landed a Four Star QB in Brevin White. Apparently, he had offers from Oregon State, Utah, ASU, and the Vols. He's the #11 QB on Rivals and an ESPN 300. I do not follow recruiting hardly at all but it seems to me that this is a huge deal though further research shows that this is not the first time Princeton has landed a Four Star recruit. Congrats to Brevin and the Princeton Tiger football program.

Reactions: Bodizephax
I saw a story on the sport news that Princeton has landed a Four Star QB in Brevin White. Apparently, he had offers from Oregon State, Utah, ASU, and the Vols. He's the #11 QB on Rivals and an ESPN 300. I do not follow recruiting hardly at all but it seems to me that this is a huge deal though further research shows that this is not the first time Princeton has landed a Four Star recruit. Congrats to Brevin and the Princeton Tiger football program.
I wonder if he met with the newly hired "Men's Engagement Manager" yet?

Princeton, being an Ivy League school, does not offer athletic scholarships. So the guy must be bright enough to secure an academic scholarship of some kind or rich enough to afford Princeton's tuition/room/ board.

Princeton, being an Ivy League school, does not offer athletic scholarships. So the guy must be bright enough to secure an academic scholarship of some kind or rich enough to afford Princeton's tuition/room/ board.
Princeton, Harvard and Yale, who are all endowed as well as Mae West (young guys, Google it), set tuition based on whatever your family can afford to pay, based upon a formula that incorporates siblings also in college. There are kids paying $10,000 a year to go to Princeton, and it's not loans, that's what they are charged.

I heard that he has a brother that is already on the ASU football roster. He must have pre-qualified academically in order for Princeton to even show interest. I don't think this will open the doors for more highly rated players to follow Brevin to the Ivy League, but still, nice grab for the program and that should put fannies in the seats if not already because of the success of the program.

ADVERTISEMENT