ADVERTISEMENT

Prepare yourselves for Some Syracuse Bias From NBC Announcer

Tirico is great. You guys are lucky to have him.

The play by play announcers don't usually bother me. It is the second banana, color commentators that piss me off when my team isn't doing well. Sometimes I have to resort to hitting MUTE.

If you look for things hard enough like biased or even racist things hard enough you will always find them...... that in fact makes you biased/racist.

Not a big fan of Tirico but not for the reasons you all think. I am a huge fan of a TV sportscaster being a minimalist. Talk less and let the action speak for itself. I grew up listening to the great Ray Scott doing NFL games and his call would be something like this...."Starr.......Dowler.......touchdown". Then the great Pat Summerall came into our lives and mirrored Ray Scott's approach to TV play by play. Less is better. Listen to Mike's call of the Josh Adams long TD run against USC in 2017 and you'll see where I'm coming from. Just a personal preference.

I don't really care guys. Just pointing it out because many of you get worked up about the announcers. This board used to have a meltdown over Mrs. Doubtfire. But, if things are going not well, and Tirico starts on a Syracuse rah rah rant, I am certain there will be some complaining

Bingo.... exactly where I got it.
LOL. "Cindy, you know by tattling on your friends, you're really just tattling on yourself. By tattling on your friends, you're just telling them that you're a tattletale. Now is that the tale you want to tell?" Mike Brady

Reactions: nemeth#5
Not a big fan of Tirico but not for the reasons you all think. I am a huge fan of a TV sportscaster being a minimalist. Talk less and let the action speak for itself. I grew up listening to the great Ray Scott doing NFL games and his call would be something like this...."Starr.......Dowler.......touchdown". Then the great Pat Summerall came into our lives and mirrored Ray Scott's approach to TV play by play. Less is better. Listen to Mike's call of the Josh Adams long TD run against USC in 2017 and you'll see where I'm coming from. Just a personal preference.

Ray Scott was a great announcer. I remember, right around the end of the Lombardi era, when he said on the air that even though it was his job to call the game in a non biased way that he had become something of a Packers fan.

ever hear Summerall do a game sober ?

The late great Jack Brickhouse was the real Cubs guy, but because of his "Bud Man" image and the whole Mayor of Rush Street thing, Harry gets all the love.

Tony Roberts #1
Lyndsey Nelson #2

Everyone else way down the list. Wish we had another Tony.

Last edited:
Reactions: chitown sot
Tirico is great. You guys are lucky to have him.

The play by play announcers don't usually bother me. It is the second banana, color commentators that piss me off when my team isn't doing well. Sometimes I have to resort to hitting MUTE.
Totally agree. Mike will be neutral and dynamic. On the other hand, those of us who do not go to mute will have to endure four hours of senseless blabbering by Flute as he slobbers over Syracuse and especially their QB. By the time he’s done the kid will have qualified for automatic induction into the NFL HOF!!

I don't really care guys. Just pointing it out because many of you get worked up about the announcers. This board used to have a meltdown over Mrs. Doubtfire. But, if things are going not well, and Tirico starts on a Syracuse rah rah rant, I am certain there will be some complaining
Nope, Tiroco does a great job. Now if NBC would get rid of the bc douche bag...

The late great Jack Brickhouse was the real Cubs guy, but because of his "Bud Man" image and the whole Mayor of Rush Street thing, Harry gets all the love.
Harry was a White Sox guy. Loved seeing him and Jimmy Pearsall announcing drinking Fallstaff on air. Brickhouse sucked. Harry added life to the booth when he ventured to the wrong side of Chicago.

Reactions: PHJIndy
Tirico is excellent. I can live with his bias for one day. He and Herbstreit would be an awesome team, even if you don't like the bias. Herbie is excellent.

The best team out there right now, IMO, is Gus Johnson and Joel Klatt. Sure Johnson gets excited and yells at times, but he gets you amped up for the game. He's amazing when he calls basketball as well. Klatt is awesome because he's a little bit insane lol. Very knowledgeable about the game, outspoken and not afraid to call it how it is.

That #1 team from Fox is the best in the college football business.

I'd hate to have the broadcast team slobbering all over ND every week. It's obnoxious. Have you listened to Gary Danielson on a CBS broadcast recently? The guy would get off the Tim Tebow dildo he rides during the game to keep his asshole loose, to go down to the field and drink Nick Saban's dripping ass sweat on the sideline if he could. It's gross how much of a love affair / bias he has towards whoever is the "it" guy in the SEC at the time... Like creepy gross.

My all time favorite was Chris Schenkel. He simply called the game as it happened and got excited over great plays from both teams. Great announcer of all sports.

Tirico is excellent. I can live with his bias for one day. He and Herbstreit would be an awesome team, even if you don't like the bias. Herbie is excellent.

The best team out there right now, IMO, is Gus Johnson and Joel Klatt. Sure Johnson gets excited and yells at times, but he gets you amped up for the game. He's amazing when he calls basketball as well. Klatt is awesome because he's a little bit insane lol. Very knowledgeable about the game, outspoken and not afraid to call it how it is.

That #1 team from Fox is the best in the college football business.

I'd hate to have the broadcast team slobbering all over ND every week. It's obnoxious. Have you listened to Gary Danielson on a CBS broadcast recently? The guy would get off the Tim Tebow dildo he rides during the game to keep his asshole loose, to go down to the field and drink Nick Saban's dripping ass sweat on the sideline if he could. It's gross how much of a love affair / bias he has towards whoever is the "it" guy in the SEC at the time... Like creepy gross.
First, there was the basketball rant and now this. You are getting dark. When I first read this I was thinking maybe someone hijacked your account.

LOL. "Cindy, you know by tattling on your friends, you're really just tattling on yourself. By tattling on your friends, you're just telling them that you're a tattletale. Now is that the tale you want to tell?" Mike Brady

Reminds me of this "Wallyism" from 94 year old Wally Richardson, a retired Navy and United Airlines pilot, who meets and greets middle school students every morning outside Marina Village Middle School in El Dorado Hills, CA:

Wally: “Judging others does not define who they are.”

Kids: “If defines who you are.”

Wally: “Never look down on anyone.”

Kids: “Unless you’re helping them up.”

A really nice story:

I’m a fan of “Mean” Gene Okerlund. His gritty play-by-play was only outmatched by his insightful interviews and color conmentary.

My all time favorite was Chris Schenkel. He simply called the game as it happened and got excited over great plays from both teams. Great announcer of all sports.

only reason I ever watched bowling... as they say, I could listen to the guy read a phone book...

great voice... I like Tirico too, but he's not in the same class for me...

ADVERTISEMENT