ADVERTISEMENT

Potential de-commit?

The best part about the 3 star statement is how few they have had. Other than the 2018 class (that includes Patterson), it has mostly been 4 stars, so the rare 3 star has had to compete with the 4 stars they were also developing.

Oh no. We may have to settle for a Clarence Lewis type.😜 Another sleepless night!
Let’s hold off the hype train here on Lewis, played the deep ball great absolutely, but was brutally slow coming out of breaks when in soft coverage. First start, let’s see how he grows.

Reactions: Golson5 and d1042
Let’s hold off the hype train here on Lewis, played the deep ball great absolutely, but was brutally slow coming out of breaks when in soft coverage. First start, let’s see how he grows.

reasoned thought.
(i considered reporting your post for that reason, but decided you deserve another chance)

Reactions: Chest Brockwell

With zero wins against anybody relevant in the national picture.

That has been, and continues to be the point. ND coaches and recruits well enough to beat all of the teams that don't matter nationally... But they can't get over the hump when they come up against another contender... And frankly, they've been out played significantly in those six losses.

You might want ND to stay the same, but I'm hoping that they keep getting better. That starts with recruiting and elite development.

Always nice to hear from Coach Wayne Fontes! 😝

Reactions: IrishMike409

That has been, and continues to be the point. ND coaches and recruits well enough to beat all of the teams that don't matter nationally... But they can't get over the hump when they come up against another contender... And frankly, they've been out played significantly in those six losses.

You might want ND to stay the same, but I'm hoping that they keep getting better. That starts with recruiting and elite development.
Every game is relevant in National Picture. Just win baby!

A BIG win is just a start! ND needs more than 1 big win in a decade+ to atone for the reputation as an ‘imposter’ among the elite teams.

You're not hoping for that. This is just what you do. Pontificate about recruiting. Which is fine, you seem to have some sort of encyclopedic, idiot-savant mastery of recruiting knowledge. Or at least that's how it comes off, who the F knows if you really know what you're talking about or not. And being Canadian, or so you say, you're all nice and well-mannered. So you're tolerable.

But eventually you start stamping your foot on the ground and demanding that you want what's good for ND, and reveal how all you really are is another needy fan who lives vicariously through sports, and imply how you're a better man than our 3-time national coach of the year. Literally as if your own personal desire for greater athletic glory is a meaningful thing.

You know where the door is, you're always welcome to GTFO if the program isn't fulfilling your wishes. Not going anywhere though, are you?

“...who the F knows if you really know what you're talking about or not....”

on facts he is correct a preponderance of the time; on opinion of those facts, well it is another opinion, as is his prerogative.

“...who the F knows if you really know what you're talking about or not....”

on facts he is correct a preponderance of the time; on opinion of those facts, well it is another opinion, as is his prerogative.

And how would you know that, how would you be able to verify that? Are you saying you're smarter than him, so you can grade his work?

Any douchebag can memorize the recruiting rankings and then simply defer to the higher-rated players as a matter of course, and dress it up by sounding all smart and reasoned about it. In any event, it's all well and good, but just watch your mouth, and when you get overwhelmed by your own ego and you're just about to start condescending to BK, like he's some pathetic schmuck who always settling for 2nd best while you on the other hand would do so much more... just think better of it.

This is a ND board, and we're kicking some serious ass, and on the horse that got us there. And so there's no call for any bitchy complaining, least of all because this dude is personally disappointed.

Reactions: TerryD44 and d1042
well, he and I might share the opinion your a J-A; others might even go so far as consider it a fact

well, he and I might share the opinion your a J-A; others might even go so far as consider it a fact

What the heck does J-A mean? Jackass? Are you afraid to type that out or something?

Don't worry, it's not going to affect whether you get into heaven or not. It's not what they score you on. You can say jackass.

Reactions: NIN Irish
You're not hoping for that. This is just what you do. Pontificate about recruiting. Which is fine, you seem to have some sort of encyclopedic, idiot-savant mastery of recruiting knowledge. Or at least that's how it comes off, who the F knows if you really know what you're talking about or not. And being Canadian, or so you say, you're all nice and well-mannered. So you're tolerable.

But eventually you start stamping your foot on the ground and demanding that you want what's good for ND, and reveal how all you really are is another needy fan who lives vicariously through sports, and imply how you're a better man than our 3-time national coach of the year. Literally as if your own personal desire for greater athletic glory is a meaningful thing.

You know where the door is, you're always welcome to GTFO if the program isn't fulfilling your wishes. Not going anywhere though, are you?
You've become one of the biggest tools/douchebags on this board. Congrats

Are we really going at IIO because he said that the track record of BK with developing 3* OL isn't as good as the perception? Like it is a fact, it is what it is but it is empirically true.

I don't know, maybe. But for me, I just didn't appreciate him getting all uppity and bitchy about BK, and how this guy is such a patient, long-suffering fan who deserves better, or some similarly repugnant sentiment along those lines. Normally he displays such admirable restraint, but I guess couldn't contain himself, when he thinks about all those losses vs top 5 teams he shouldn't have had to sit through.

So I just pushed back a little. Seems completely reasonable to me. What any decent fan would do.

I don't know, maybe. But for me, I just didn't appreciate him getting all uppity and bitchy about BK, and how this guy is such a patient, long-suffering fan who deserves better, or some similarly repugnant sentiment along those lines. Normally he displays such admirable restraint, but I guess couldn't contain himself, when he thinks about all those losses vs top 5 teams he shouldn't have had to sit through.

So I just pushed back a little. Seems completely reasonable to me. What any decent fan would do.
You seem child like. Just my opinion

Reactions: jcswoopnh
Hopefully, Logan Diggs will impress as one of our skill players. I have seen some analysts say he is better than his ratings.

Abiara has not left yet although I have seen him mentioned as gone before. I thought Schweitzer was insurance in case he did leave except Schweitzer probably has a higher ceiling. The last comments that I read about Abiara is that he is still enrolling at ND.

Maybe the same will happen with Riley. Do Michigan and SC have a better CB coach than Mickens? If he goes safety, do they have a better Safety coach than Joseph.

We have had Love, Pride, Gilman and Elliott make NFL rosters from the last two classes. That is impressive.

P.S. Donovan Edwards and Wright are the two out there that deserve a mention. Edwards is a difference maker.

Last edited:
Im actually ok if we do lose Philip Riley. While I do like how physical he is, think he lacks elite speed to really be a top talent. Hopefully however, if we can land colzie, Thomas and Atimalala I think we have to consider this class a success.

I literally wasted 10 seconds of my life reading this. If I could recapture those 10 seconds (which sadly, I can't) I would consider using them, instead, to huff aerosol cans, or smell my own farts, rather than read your post... But now that I have...

1. Yes I am hoping that ND improves. To suggest that I don't want to see ND do well is ridiculous. As you pointed out, I am a fan on a message board. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who spends time on a message board that doesn't care about their team winning and losing. I'd venture to guess that anyone that posts here frequently could be described as a "bigger than average" fan.

2. Canadians are not "nice". Polite, yes, generally speaking... But this strange idea that we're collectively nicer than other people is wrong and misguided. Canadians can flat out be assholes at times. Me included.

3. Never have I stated that I am a superior coach to Brian Kelly. That's absurd. I've stated that I think he's a lazy recruiter relative to head coaches at Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Georgia, LSU, Oregon, etc... I've formed that opinion based off the countless recruits and people who report on those recruits (a job I once held) mentioning Brian Kelly's lack of personal investment in recruiting compared to many of his peers.

4. I'll GTFO when I feel like it. Until then you can take a long walk off a short bridge, put my posts on ignore, kiss my ass, or continue to post and debate. Frankly, I don't care which you choose.

Last edited:
I literally wasted 10 seconds of my life reading this. If I could recapture those 10 seconds (which sadly, I can't) I would consider using them instead, to huff aerosol cans, or smell my own farts, rather than read your post... But now that I have...

1. Yes I am hoping that ND improves. To suggest that I don't want to see ND do well is ridiculous. As you pointed out, I am a fan on a message board. You'd be hard pressed the find anyone who spends time on a message board that doesn't care about their team winning and losing. I'd venture to guess that anyone that posts here frequently could be described as a "bigger than average" fan.

2. Canadians are not "nice". Polite, yes, generally speaking... But this strange idea that we're collectively nicer than other people is wrong and misguided. Canadians can flat out be assgoles at times. Me included.

3. Never have I stated that I am a superior coach to Brian Kelly. That's absurd. I've stated that I think he's a lazy recruiter relative to head coaches at Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Georgia, LSU, Oregon, etc... I've formed that opinion based off the countless recruits and people who report on those recruits (a job I once held) mentioning Brian Kelly's lack of personal investment in recruiting compared to many of his peers.

4. I'll GTFO when I feel like it. Until then you can take a long walk off a short bridge, put my posts on ignore, kiss my ass, or continue to post and debate. Frankly, I don't care.
IIO- do not gtfo. I think most posters, really appreciate your efforts here. At times, I wish you were more of a “homer” but I certainly respect the authenticity of your posts/opinions.

6 or 7 posters really carry this board. You’re surely one of them. Thankful for the expertise.

IIO- do not gtfo. I think most posters, really appreciate your efforts here. At times, I wish you were more of a “homer” but I certainly respect the authenticity of your posts/opinions.

6 or 7 posters really carry this board. You’re surely one of them. Thankful for the expertise.

I'm not going anywhere. I post a lot less than I once did, because life is busy, and, frankly, pretty friggen awesome. But I always enjoy the conversation when time permits.

I'm a homer, but my "attachment" is to the program, not the individual personalities within it.

The best part about the 3 star statement is how few they have had. Other than the 2018 class (that includes Patterson), it has mostly been 4 stars, so the rare 3 star has had to compete with the 4 stars they were also developing.

This is an important point. 3 star OL at ND are usually recruited over. It's hard to expect a ton out of them when ND routinely lands top 100 guys at that position.

Last edited:
This is an important point. 3 star OL at ND are usually recruited over. It's hard to expect a ton out of them when ND routinelt lands top 100 guys at that position.

It makes sense. Barring somebody being a 6'8" project or Zack Martin's brother, you expect a Blake Fisher or Tosh Baker or Rocco potentially to pass up some guys.

I literally wasted 10 seconds of my life reading this. If I could recapture those 10 seconds (which sadly, I can't) I would consider using them, instead, to huff aerosol cans, or smell my own farts, rather than read your post... But now that I have...

1. Yes I am hoping that ND improves. To suggest that I don't want to see ND do well is ridiculous. As you pointed out, I am a fan on a message board. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who spends time on a message board that doesn't care about their team winning and losing. I'd venture to guess that anyone that posts here frequently could be described as a "bigger than average" fan.

2. Canadians are not "nice". Polite, yes, generally speaking... But this strange idea that we're collectively nicer than other people is wrong and misguided. Canadians can flat out be assholes at times. Me included.

4. I'll GTFO when I feel like it. Until then you can take a long walk off a short bridge, put my posts on ignore, kiss my ass, or continue to post and debate. Frankly, I don't care which you choose.
The quality of your response says everything - a beautiful Canadian round house kick to the side of the douches head!

Riley will go to USC where they plan on running a rare defense based on their recruiting the last few years - 2 DL, 2 LBs, and 7 DBs on all four downs. The game is won and lost in the trenches and USC is leading the world in landing DBs, WRs, and small athletes.

Riley will go to USC where they plan on running a rare defense based on their recruiting the last few years - 2 DL, 2 LBs, and 7 DBs on all four downs. The game is won and lost in the trenches and USC is leading the world in landing DBs, WRs, and small athletes.

but.... oh shoot, you’re 100% correct! Ca. seems screwed up in just any possible human related topic, just the geography is so beautiful!

Dude STFU. IIO gives us great info every week that no one else on this board can bring. And he is right when it comes to where the state of ND is as a program. Kelly has brought this program to be an annual 10-2 team which is far better than we have been for the last 25 years. But we aren't as close to being a top 5 program as you all think we are.

but.... oh shoot, you’re 100% correct! Ca. seems screwed up in just any possible human related topic, just the geography is so beautiful!

That's because the CA gov didn't get to design the geography. If they had, half of the beaches would be moved inland.

Reactions: d1042
Dude STFU. IIO gives us great info every week that no one else on this board can bring. And he is right when it comes to where the state of ND is as a program. Kelly has brought this program to be an annual 10-2 team which is far better than we have been for the last 25 years. But we aren't as close to being a top 5 program as you all think we are.
Agree w almost everything that you said. But you don’t think we’re in that 5-10 range?

Agree w almost everything that you said. But you don’t think we’re in that 5-10 range?
I think we are close but we haven't exactly proven to be in that range based off of who we have beaten recently.

For arguments sake, lets say that the top 5 programs are Clemson, Ohio State, Alabama, LSU, and Georgia. And you could argue a little bit but let's just say its those 5. Then the next group would be Oklahoma, Florida, Penn State, Wisconsin, Auburn and Oregon. I'm not saying that we can't compete with that group or beat some of them, but it's not like we have beaten any of those teams either.

What is the best team that we beat the last 3 years during this run? Probably Michigan in 2018. Good team, but still got smashed by Ohio State and Florida that year. We still need to prove it by beating some of these teams. The teams I ranked above us have proven that they can win against top teams. We have not proven that.

I think we are firmly in the top 10-15 range.

I think we are close but we haven't exactly proven to be in that range based off of who we have beaten recently.

For arguments sake, lets say that the top 5 programs are Clemson, Ohio State, Alabama, LSU, and Georgia. And you could argue a little bit but let's just say its those 5. Then the next group would be Oklahoma, Florida, Penn State, Wisconsin, Auburn and Oregon. I'm not saying that we can't compete with that group or beat some of them, but it's not like we have beaten any of those teams either.

What is the best team that we beat the last 3 years during this run? Probably Michigan in 2018. Good team, but still got smashed by Ohio State and Florida that year. We still need to prove it by beating some of these teams. The teams I ranked above us have proven that they can win against top teams. We have not proven that.

I think we are firmly in the top 10-15 range.
We're the number 7 team over the last 3 plus years. 35 and 6.

Oklahoma is at 6. We're ahead of the otgers you mentioned in the last 3 years

We're the number 7 team over the last 3 plus years. 35 and 6.

Oklahoma is at 6. We're ahead of the otgers you mentioned in the last 3 years
You guys are looking at it by record. Yes our record is very strong the last 3 years. And that is great. But our schedule also sets us up to go 10-2 every year as long as we take care of business. I have seen the other teams that I just mentioned beat each other and win games against very good teams. I have not seen us do that.

You guys are looking at it by record. Yes our record is very strong the last 3 years. And that is great. But our schedule also sets us up to go 10-2 every year as long as we take care of business. I have seen the other teams that I just mentioned beat each other and win games against very good teams. I have not seen us do that.
Your teams that are 6-10, we can and would have beat them more than not over last 4 years other than Oklahoma. They’ve beaten A top team in the winter with cold temps. ND doesn’t have the luxury of playing your 1-5 teams in the winter or cold fall.

Tell me who Penn State has beaten----ditto Florida-----Oregon has a win over a good not great Wisconsin team but not much else and a number of WTF losses.

ADVERTISEMENT