ADVERTISEMENT

Poster Honoring Johnny Lujack His Hometown

51yardboot

Future coach
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2015
Rode through Connellsville, Pa. on the Great Allegheny Passage and saw this sign on the trail among others honoring the Connellsville tribute to their Heroes

I've gone on record here on several occasions proclaiming IMHO, Johnny the greatest athlete that ever played at ND. And, during his time at ND, he managed to squeeze in service to his country during WWII. A true hero and legend.
God bless John Lujack.

Reactions: HarlemIrish
I've gone on record here on several occasions proclaiming IMHO, Johnny the greatest athlete that ever played at ND. And, during his time at ND, he managed to squeeze in service to his country during WWII. A true hero and legend.

I've seen Johnny at many games over the years, though, because of his age, that will probably change. A few years back, when there were still metal portable bleachers in the end zone areas, Johnny was sitting there. He was only maybe twenty feet from my seating area and I pointed him out to some students who were by me. I know that they had no idea who Johnny was, but they listened politely. I can only hope these young people absorbed a little of what I was telling them.

Rode through Connellsville, Pa. on the Great Allegheny Passage and saw this sign on the trail among others honoring the Connellsville tribute to their Heroes

Go about 35 miles north and you’ll find the hometown of another ND Heisman winner, Leon Hart, from Turtle Creek.

I biked the Great Allegheny Passage once around the Pittsburgh area but don’t recall the Connellsville tribute. Hopefully you’ll be able to share.

ADVERTISEMENT