ADVERTISEMENT

Possible replacements for Mike Brey

hoopsstar12

Posts Like A Champion
Jan 16, 2008
Its time to replace Brey. I say either get a proven coach(pay top dollar) or a top assistant with a winning program. Any thoughts ? His philosophy of only play 7 guys, bring in weak transfers, underwhelm consistently recruiting, and blow leads because of sloppy, undisciplined play have worn me out.​

Reactions: IrishMike409
Its time to replace Brey. I say either get a proven coach(pay top dollar) or a top assistant with a winning program. Any thoughts ? His philosophy of only play 7 guys, bring in weak transfers, underwhelm consistently recruiting, and blow leads because of sloppy, undisciplined play have worn me out.​
Should have flushed him out last year.

When march madness arrives . That coach will emerge. Always does . IMO Brey leaves on his own terms. Jack won't fire him. May have a convo with him though. The players have no confidence as a team to finish out a game and that is on Brey. The fact that they were going to let GT play it out which would have left ND with under 4 seconds to rebound and go the length is incomprehensible. Brey wanted that game bad too. Bad loss . With every loss he will have to answer. I have one question for Brey . i read earlier this year he said it was time for Durham to move on . Said something like " guys get too old and need to move on with their lives ... " Durham has to return and Brey should move on with his life.

Sean Miller from Xavier. Oh, this is a new thread?

"Sean Miller from Xavier. Oh, this is a new thread? "

Sean Miller has not been at Xavier the past 4-5 years -- he has been at Arizona and to boot, is having his own issues with the NCAA and the paying for recruits

Reactions: Pennick4
"Sean Miller from Xavier. Oh, this is a new thread? "

Sean Miller has not been at Xavier the past 4-5 years -- he has been at Arizona and to boot, is having his own issues with the NCAA and the paying for recruits
Yeah, he would fall into the "toxic" category right now IMHO.

Reactions: Kelso86
Gregg Marshall. If you can clear the past allegations which were never substantiated.

What were his past allegations?
Being a tough coach, verbal abuse, and putting his hands on an assistant.

He agrees he was tough on kids. Denied ever touching an assistant or a player.

Resigned before anything came of it.

Success at winthrop and witchita st...

Being a tough coach, verbal abuse, and putting his hands on an assistant.

He agrees he was tough on kids. Denied ever touching an assistant or a player.

Resigned before anything came of it.

Success at winthrop and witchita st...
He’ll do fine.

ND just beat Duke at Duke ... so Brey's contract will be extended.

Brey plays the same 7 guys no matter what. The freshmen that he recruited get trash time. Tonight they made their shots and executed well. The problem lies when they dont make their shots or execute well. The same 7 guys play no matter what. This is not a sound philisophy and I think a lot of the recruits have figured that out.

Ha.... even the best programs still have basketball teams.... Maybe cut like fencing and bring back wrestling.

If we cut fencing, we drop big time in the Directors Cup standings. Fencing, both men's and women's is on track to win the national championship almost every year.

I did not know that ? I was a good fencer in highschool. I leaped over and/or climbed over many fences in running from the authorities.
screenshot-facebook-drunk-man-stuck-on-fence-1120.jpg

Ha.... even the best programs still have basketball teams.... Maybe cut like fencing and bring back wrestling.
fencing is Notre Dame's most successful sports program. Consistently at the top of the rankings. Producing Olympic and World Champions...

Basketball has never been more of mediocre program.

Besides basketball is where all the athletes not good enough to make the wrestling team/ martial arts go....;)

ADVERTISEMENT