ADVERTISEMENT

Possible new OC

Some of Chip's plays were obvious and read easliy by opponent Ds.Ludwig is a fit for sure. Would Moorehead even leave Penn St. given all their talent lately?They could beat both Michigan and OSU.
Huh?

Moorehead hasn't been at Penn st since 2016

Reactions: NDinNJ
Is Moorehead actually likely to leave Akron after just one season? How much more money would the OC job at ND be worth. He's certainly not off to a great start at Akron....

I’d rather have Ludwig than Moorehead.

Ps, Loy just started following Ludwig, if you like to over blow and speculate on things. At least following someone is some hard facts, whether relevant or not I’m not sure. I like that he beat Riley and Williams, twice.

Brady before Long for sure
I don't like Brady. I know he's a popular choice but I live in NC and witnessed the Panthers debacle which is the first time he EVER called plays and no thank you.

Some of Chip's plays were obvious and read easliy by opponent Ds.Ludwig is a fit for sure. Would Moorehead even leave Penn St. given all their talent lately?They could beat both Michigan and OSU.
He averaged 38 pts per game! He left because Kelly was too conservative and he felt to meddling in the offense. He and Harry had a very good relationship as well.

Fwiw some people report Morehead turned down bama for oc job. It seems unsubstantiated, but if he turned down bama to stay a HC then he isn't likely coming to ND as OC

I don't like Brady. I know he's a popular choice but I live in NC and witnessed the Panthers debacle which is the first time he EVER called plays and no thank you.
Urban Meyer, Lou Holtz, Nick Saban struggled in the pros too

He averaged 38 pts per game! He left because Kelly was too conservative and he felt to meddling in the offense. He and Harry had a very good relationship as well.

Fwiw some people report Morehead turned down bama for oc job. It seems unsubstantiated, but if he turned down bama to stay a HC then he isn't likely coming to ND as OC
I dont think that is true

Freeman maybe got caught with his pants down. If both coordinators are leaving and he hasn’t been lining something up with elite coaches to take the two jobs. This is yet another reason to hire an experienced HC. This should be interesting to watch.
You are just talking BS with no proof. Why even say something like that? Didn’t you get enough attention from mommy when you were a kid?

I dont think that is true
Sorry 37. And it was more than Rees or Denbock.

Per ib article on candidates ..

Chip Long - Another former Notre Dame coordinator, Long is currently still unemployed after being fired from Georgia Tech. He played a key role in helping build the Tulane roster that beat USC in the Cotton Bowl. Notre Dame averaged more points per game in three seasons under Long than it did in Rees' three seasons or the three seasons with Denbrock in charge.

Notre Dame's 2017 offense averaged 269.3 rushing yards per game and 6.3 yards per rush. Notre Dame also went 33-6 during his three seasons, and the 2019 offense set a program record for points (478) while averaging 36.8 points per game. Notre Dame went 30-8 with Rees running the offense and 22-16 under Denbrock. Denbrock, of course, was saddled with one of the worst defenses Notre Dame has had in the last 30 years, but the fact is the Irish scored more points under Long than they did during his tenure. Long and Denbrock were also very successful recruiters at Notre Dame.

If you are ❓ ing how tight is with Harry, remember he is the one that hired Chris watt as the ol coach at Tulane... So again talk about synergies. Also how long until Harry left once chip was forced out...

The fact is the way Kelly micromanaged long and in a way Harry when they were having a TON of success at Notre Dame, plus the negativity Kelly showed towards long on the way out ended up costing Kelly both and saddled us with Rees and Quinn. Kelly was forced to fire both coordinators and to hire Long after the van gorder years. He never wanted long and did not appreciate the success he had.

Last edited:
Urban Meyer, Lou Holtz, Nick Saban struggled in the pros too
They were all seasoned coaches. Brady is still learning how to call plays or to get the flow of the game. Tommy was doing the same and how many people complained about drives his play calling stalled. I have zero interest in having an oc cut his teeth at ND again.

Sorry 37. And it was more than Rees or Denbock.

Per ib article on candidates ..

Chip Long - Another former Notre Dame coordinator, Long is currently still unemployed after being fired from Georgia Tech. He played a key role in helping build the Tulane roster that beat USC in the Cotton Bowl. Notre Dame averaged more points per game in three seasons under Long than it did in Rees' three seasons or the three seasons with Denbrock in charge.

Notre Dame's 2017 offense averaged 269.3 rushing yards per game and 6.3 yards per rush. Notre Dame also went 33-6 during his three seasons, and the 2019 offense set a program record for points (478) while averaging 36.8 points per game. Notre Dame went 30-8 with Rees running the offense and 22-16 under Denbrock. Denbrock, of course, was saddled with one of the worst defenses Notre Dame has had in the last 30 years, but the fact is the Irish scored more points under Long than they did during his tenure. Long and Denbrock were also very successful recruiters at Notre Dame.

If you are ❓ ing how tight is with Harry, remember he is the one that hired Chris watt at the ol coach at Tulane... So again talk about synergies. Also not after long how long until Harry left...

The fact is the way Kelly micromanaged long and in a way Harry when they were having a TON of success at Notre Dame, plus the negativity Kelly showed towards long on the way out ended up costing Kelly both and saddled us with Rees and Quinn.
Talking about Moorehead. Don't think he was offered or a serious candidate for Bama

Reactions: mirer03
Talking about Moorehead. Don't think he was offered or a serious candidate for Bama
I tend not to believe that rumor as well. Gotta take a shot, but it is possible he'd rather work his way up as HC than go back to oc and I respect that.

Guy can barely string a sentence together and was fired from Tampa Bay. Has never developed a college QB. Has never coached in college and has never recruited before.

Holy shit. Joe Moorhead is 49? I legit thought he was 70. I’ve never seen an older looking 49 year old. Either way, Moorehead is better than Leftwhich and it’s not even close.

Byron Leftwich in talks with Freeman. He reached out to Freeman.

I thought I read Chip was not liked by any of his players. A real hard ass who didn't know how to teach 18-21 year olds...

You know you've reached rock-bottom as an inveterate BK hater when you're propping Chip Long, as sort of the final, last bit of scraps that you might be able to leverage into some final spasm of BK bashing. I believe we went 31-3 without Chip Long, with Rees taking his spot before BK left.... But no matter, BK hurt the ND football program yet again, and sabotaged CL's efforts during his brief stint at OC....

Reactions: notredamerises23
I thought I read Chip was not liked by any of his players. A real hard ass who didn't know how to teach 18-21 year olds...
Depending on who you listen to and believe, the story was that Kelly didn't like the control and attention that long was getting on his staff. Kelly liked the attention of his program on him. Remember, the ad made him hire Long, he wasn't a Kelly guy. That Kelly essentially forced him out with micro management while propping up tommy, his guy, as the successor....and then doing a character assassination on him after he left to justify separating from an oc that was more prolific than any of Kelly's ocs. The treatment of long is one of many reasons hh left and refused to continue to work at Notre Dame, until Kelly left.

Reactions: Ndapolis1
He’s most certainly getting a look. Freeman will like Leftwich. In these cases, it’s more than just about picking the best candidate.

Byron Leftwich in talks with Freeman. He reached out to Freeman.
Leftwich ain't leaving Sundays. The Notre Dame OC gig is a step backwards for someone of his Super Bowl winning stature.

"If we are willing to go $ for $ with Bama can we just use those $’s to get someone with a proven track record of success. Rees not good, Mcnulty not good, Parker not good. For crying out loud it shouldn’t be hard."

well -- who are YOU going after then?
I would take a run at the Utah OC. Proven record of success wherever he has been and his philosophy would seem to fit Freeman’s desire for physical play.

I would take a run at the Utah OC. Proven record of success wherever he has been and his philosophy would seem to fit Freeman’s desire for physical play.

Freeman is star struck by Leftwich. He’s interviewing today.

Freeman is star struck by Leftwich. He’s interviewing today.
Leftwich would be a good pick if he really wants to go back to college. Probably only a one-two year term but he knows offense, both passing and running. Tampa did both well before the OL got screwed up.

ADVERTISEMENT