ADVERTISEMENT

Portal

NDblitz

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Dec 15, 2021
Without it SC is 7-5. ND better embrace it or expect to become Wisconsin. 7-5, 8-4 then 10 wins. Back to 7-5 8-4 rinse repeat.

Reactions: Airzee23
As on most things ND will take a high road and not embrace the portal or the NIL. And if they finally, do it will be much to late.

ND has been using the portal for years. We just missed out on a QB this year. A good LB and CB would have helped too.

ND has been using the portal for years. We just missed out on a QB this year. A good LB and CB would have helped too.
What QB did we miss out on?
I had read somewhere that ND was being very strict on who they would allow to transfer in. I can't remember all of the details.

Without it SC is 7-5. ND better embrace it or expect to become Wisconsin. 7-5, 8-4 then 10 wins. Back to 7-5 8-4 rinse repeat.
ND needs to loosen up, but the issue is they can’t just loosen up. A lot of these kids take classes that ND doesn’t offer. How can they possibly accept credits for classes they don’t offer?

ND needs to loosen up, but the issue is they can’t just loosen up. A lot of these kids take classes that ND doesn’t offer. How can they possibly accept credits for classes they don’t offer?
They need to change that too.

If they could get Caleb Williams for a year he would likely be the highest paid professional on the University payroll.

And we are going to say no because he doesn't want to take Calculus?

USC has 36 transfers. 36! I’m sorry but I don’t respect that in the least. But ND needs to decide what they want to do.,

Well SC had a very untalented group of nice kids. Football talent was not high on Helton’s recruiting criteria. What would you have suggested?

Well SC had a very untalented group of nice kids. Football talent was not high on Helton’s recruiting criteria. What would you have suggested?
You are basically saying nothing

ND won’t change. They live off lying to the public. They’ll never allow athletes to be recruited. Book worms only.

This makes zero sense
Makes total sense. Watch the SC game again. They want to win and it shows. ND wants fans $ only. 40+ new additions to the SC roster this year. They got a proven coach and went on to dominate. ND hasn’t accomplished anything for three decades. It’s by design. The ND admin. doesn’t care.

Makes total sense. Watch the SC game again. They want to win and it shows. ND wants fans $ only. 40+ new additions to the SC roster this year. They got a proven coach and went on to dominate. ND hasn’t accomplished anything for three decades. It’s by design. The ND admin. doesn’t care.
Sc has stunk the past 12 years.

Like I said your point makes no sense

Reactions: 96domer
SC did not dominate. ND blew the game. Absolutely poor scheme on defense. And no adjustments to take away what SC was doing. 3-3? Seriously? Pyne played his best game.,Next year at UC Davis he will win an FCS title. But the two turnovers killed ND. The fumble was a 14 point swing. But the D let SC go right down after it.,

SC did not dominate. ND blew the game. Absolutely poor scheme on defense. And no adjustments to take away what SC was doing. 3-3? Seriously? Pyne played his best game.,Next year at UC Davis he will win an FCS title. But the two turnovers killed ND. The fumble was a 14 point swing. But the D let SC go right down after it.,
Didn't Payne break the ND record for most consecutive completions to start a game?

Reactions: Rionegro
Didn't Payne break the ND record for most consecutive completions to start a game?
has anyone ever ‘beaten’ ND? teams have to go into the game hoping ND beats themselves. South Bend world’s chief exporter of sour grapes.

Reactions: NDDadx3
With Devin Leary, Peyton Bowen, Christian Gray, Tobias Merriweather, Jaiden Greathouse, Braylon James, etc., we beat USC next year.

Agreed. However the program finds itself in a precarious position due to their strong will to maintain the integrity and ethics of the academic side. The use of the portal has been proven to be highly effective and in SC's case, the difference from yet another ND blow out had they played an SC team minus Williams and other effective transfers. ND sets itself apart from the football factories which have athlete only dorms, loose academic requirements which allow many players to transfer in and whom ND couldn't even consider because yes, it's a University requirement to take calculus. It's part of the foundation of 4 for 40...how many non-ND star athletes achieve the average level of success as an ND grad when done playing or if talented enough, a short stint in the NFL. Fans frustrations are understandable but we can never lose sight of what makes ND. GO IRISH!

There are times -- like when I saw Williams showboating on his second TD — that I wish ND would set up a new college of football science and fill it with athletes who are the freakiest freaks of nature and just turn 'em lose on the football field with money being no object for coaches, NIL, etc... And if we wanted to recruit more than the NCAA allows, we could just hand out academic scholarships by the dozens for penmanship, etc....

Then I wake up and realize this is still just a game and Notre Dame is actually a university that has these pesky things called standards.

There will be some out there. Gotta find them. Card is another name
Card is a 2 year guy. He’s unproven. He’d certainly add to the competition. I feel like he’s a long shot personally. If ND takes someone, makes sense to take a 1 year proven rental.

Makes sense to bring in the best guy
Yep. I think NDs only chance is a guarunteed starter. I don’t think there are many with huge upside but 0 guarantee that will want to compete. Maybe I’m won’t. Leary would be an absolute home run.

What’s your take on Buchner? Open competition this spring and summer…if he’s the guy, then he wins it outright?

Do you trust going into 23 with Buchner starting?
No I dont trust it with Buchner. Too many unknowns unfortunately. Too many injuries. He doesnt have much experience at all. Id like to see him with a good OL to evaluate him but we cant take that chance

If we dont bring in a legit transfer, he can win the competition though

I'm hoping we bring in a dude to start at QB

Reactions: IrishMike409
I'd be more concerned about who's leaving then who we are getting. We have a lot of cornerbacks and lbs with talent that are likely to get over recruited. Same
Thing with oline rb and wr. How
long are guys gonna wait in new age.

I'd be more concerned about who's leaving then who we are getting. We have a lot of cornerbacks and lbs with talent that are likely to get over recruited. Same
Thing with oline rb and wr. How
long are guys gonna wait in new age.
If the guys are getting overrecruited, why would you be concerned with them leaving?

ADVERTISEMENT