ADVERTISEMENT

Portal

Hey Beach, respectfully, I've always been a fan of your posts. But when you come to the ND board and hold discussions with our closeted sc fan purse, it's not a good look for you. You 2 could better have this lovefest at the sc board, no need to bring it here.
Sorry you don't like it. What I do in general is to follow the board and post something if I think I have something to contribute, In this case there was a post about Addison and subsequent made up attacks on Riley. I responded to those posts. I really don't pay much attention to who is posting. I try to be courteous but I am really not very interested in the "look" my posts present to some. I didn't initiate the subjects.

I am glad you have liked my posts in the past. If that has changed, I am sorry about that, but the ignore feature will change that for you.

NIL has become more than free agency. Even pro athletes don't have the freedom to just switch teams on a whim.
I am not a fan of the NIL rules. However the nothing inherently unethical about paying someone for name, image and likeness use. As long as schools comply with NCAA rules, a coach should use them to try to make his team better. I do wish the Supreme Court hadn't mandated that NIL deals could not be prevented.

Sorry you don't like it. What I do in general is to follow the board and post something if I think I have something to contribute, In this case there was a post about Addison and subsequent made up attacks on Riley. I responded to those posts. I really don't pay much attention to who is posting. I try to be courteous but I am really not very interested in the "look" my posts present to some. I didn't initiate the subjects.

I am glad you have liked my posts in the past. If that has changed, I am sorry about that, but the ignore feature will change that for you.
You didnt contribute anything but thanks for stopping by

Why is this Southern Cal guy on here? And for what seems a lot of time. I don’t think I’ve spent more than an hour of my life on a Southern Cal board.

LR is an unethical coach. His use of the portal the way he’s doing it is akin to speeding in a school zone but not getting a ticket.

Why is this Southern Cal guy on here? And for what seems a lot of time. I don’t think I’ve spent more than an hour of my life on a Southern Cal board.
I can help you out here. I am here because I enjoy it. I was born in Indiana and root for ND every game except one. In general, but not always, I respond to posts that mention USC. When people have questions, I try to answer them. When people post conclusions like, "LR is an unethical coach." I try to find out if there are any facts to support the statement. So far there haven't been any, but maybe you will be the first.

What did LR do that was unethical? How has what LR has done like speeding in a school zone?

By the way, this is a Rivals board. USC and Nd are rivals.

• Haha
Reactions: tbonesays
He's been a long time, respected poster here. Maybe stop being an ass . you might even learn something

• Love
Reactions: tbonesays
I’ve been here since 2006. Different handle nowadays. I quit the board around 2016. Beach has been around for a while. Good to have different fans and different perspective.

I can help you out here. I am here because I enjoy it. I was born in Indiana and root for ND every game except one. In general, but not always, I respond to posts that mention USC. When people have questions, I try to answer them. When people post conclusions like, "LR is an unethical coach." I try to find out if there are any facts to support the statement. So far there haven't been any, but maybe you will be the first.

What did LR do that was unethical? How has what LR has done like I can help you out here. I am here because I enjoy it. I was born in Indiana and root for ND every game except one. In general, but not always, I respond to posts that mention USC. When people have questions, I try to answer them. When people post conclusions like, "LR is an unethical coach." I try to find out if there are any facts to support the statement. So far there haven't been any, but maybe you will be the first.
What did LR do that was unethical? How has what LR has done like speeding in a school zone?

By the way, this is a Rivals board. USC and Nd are rivals.
You and I and everyone all know he recruited Addison before he entered portal…. But I guess him having boosters and players do it for him is “legal”, definitely not ethical

I like you on this board, I feel your just happy usc is on a path to be competitive and good with blinders. .

You and I and everyone all know he recruited Addison before he entered portal…. But I guess him having boosters and players do it for him is “legal”, definitely not ethical

I like you on this board, I feel your just happy usc is on a path to be competitive and good with blinders. .
Yeah he used to be a more objective poster but now hes just a homer. He wants SC to be back so bad hes lost all 0bjectivity.

Reactions: IrishMike409

No I don't know that. But I could if you would just post the facts that support what "everyone knows." It is really very simple. Apparently it is so clear, everyone knows. So just posts the facts and the support for them.

No I don't know that. But I could if you would just post the facts that support what "everyone knows." It is really very simple. Apparently it is so clear, everyone knows. So just posts the facts and the support for them.
That's like someone saying Barry Bonds wasn't on steroids. Morons like you say just post the facts and support that. Don't be a clown with that BS. That's the bull you guys tell yourselves on the SC board. Don't bring that garbage here. We all know

That's like someone saying Barry Bonds wasn't on steroids. Morons like you say just post the facts and support that. Don't be a clown with that BS. That's the bull you guys tell yourselves on the SC board. Don't bring that garbage here. We all know
No. It isn't at all. This from a Department of Justice prosecutor:

“And contrary to Bonds’ defense narrative, his use of PEDs was more than rubbing on ‘The Cream’ and taking a few drops of ‘The Clear’ under his tongue. The BALCO and MLB testing records reflected Bonds’ use of multiple doping substances, from 2001 through 2006, including injectable anabolic steroids, injectable human growth hormone, post cycle therapy drugs and amphetamines.”

See, that would be support for a statement, credible source plus facts. This is how intelligent people support their positions. It seems pretty obvious that you have nothing to support your statement. If you don't like that I point that out, just use the ignore function. Then you won't be bothered by the "garbage" I bring here.

No. It isn't at all. This from a Department of Justice prosecutor:

“And contrary to Bonds’ defense narrative, his use of PEDs was more than rubbing on ‘The Cream’ and taking a few drops of ‘The Clear’ under his tongue. The BALCO and MLB testing records reflected Bonds’ use of multiple doping substances, from 2001 through 2006, including injectable anabolic steroids, injectable human growth hormone, post cycle therapy drugs and amphetamines.”

See, that would be support for a statement, credible source plus facts. This is how intelligent people support their positions. It seems pretty obvious that you have nothing to support your statement. If you don't like that I point that out, just use the ignore function. Then you won't be bothered by the "garbage" I bring here.
I'm talking about before Balco and before he got caught smart guy.

Before he was on trial everyone knew he was doing it. We didnt need the trial to know he was juicing.

Just like with USC

Get it now genius?

Reactions: NDblitz
I'm talking about before Balco and before he got caught smart guy.

Before he was on trial everyone knew he was doing it. We didnt need the trial to know he was juicing.

Just like with USC

Get it now genius?
Maybe. You mean because of his weight gain, acne, increase of head size, increase of ball speed off the bat, increase of home run production, increase in muscle mass? The facts that people pointed out to support their belief that he was using roids? Sure, I recall those fats being used to support the claim he was using.

So, what you got like that?

Maybe. You mean because of his weight gain, acne, increase of head size, increase of ball speed off the bat, increase of home run production, increase in muscle mass? The facts that people pointed out to support their belief that he was using roids? Sure, I recall those fats being used to support the claim he was using.

So, what you got like that?
So no facts just common sense

So exactly like with LR

Yes exactly

Did Barry have a history of using steroids before he did ?
So to you if someone has no history of doing something it is common sense that they did it. I never heard anyone say it was common sense that Bonds took roids, they said it made sense because of the facts I listed.

USC has the history, location, weather, etc. to excel with any good coach. Lincoln Riley appears to be a good coach. Oklahoma gave Lincoln Riley his first opportunity to be a head coach. Lincoln Riley has taken/accepted current and future Oklahoma players with him to USC. I don't think that was very classy on Lincoln Riley's, or USC's, part. I don't see Notre Dame moving in a way that would create such optics.

We will probably see more non-compete language in future coaching contracts that reduce the ability to pilfer from the ex-employer on an immediate basis.

I have a feeling Lincoln Riley will be salty in press conferences after getting whooped by the classy Irish, looking forward to it.

USC has the history, location, weather, etc. to excel with any good coach. Lincoln Riley appears to be a good coach. Oklahoma gave Lincoln Riley his first opportunity to be a head coach. Lincoln Riley has taken/accepted current and future Oklahoma players with him to USC. I don't think that was very classy on Lincoln Riley's, or USC's, part. I don't see Notre Dame moving in a way that would create such optics.

We will probably see more non-compete language in future coaching contracts that reduce the ability to pilfer from the ex-employer on an immediate basis.

I have a feeling Lincoln Riley will be salty in press conferences after getting whooped by the classy Irish, looking forward to it.
Some of this is right. ND will certainly win easily in this fall's game against SC and Riley is certainly a good coach.

Many players select their teams based on the quality of coaching they will get. I am not sure why it is wrong for them to leave a school if the coaches change. In fact, NCAA rules provide for that, Let's say instead of Freeman, an excellent choice by ND, it had hired Clay Helton instead. You would say it isn't classy for Freemen to coach those kids at another school. I would not. You seem to feel players are owned by a team once they commit and must stay in their place as decided by the school. Your position is surprising because I have seen many threads here that, upon a new coach hire, ask how many recruits that coach will bring.

You are also wrong about the non-compete. Many states, including California, make it unlawful to restrict competition after employment ends. The idea that a school and coach could restrict the actions of players who are not even a part of the contract is absurd.

I am also not sure why Riley would be Salty after a loss. He doesn't have many losses, but I don't recall seeing him Salty. Maybe I missed it.

Some of this is right. ND will certainly win easily in this fall's game against SC and Riley is certainly a good coach.

Many players select their teams based on the quality of coaching they will get. I am not sure why it is wrong for them to leave a school if the coaches change. In fact, NCAA rules provide for that, Let's say instead of Freeman, an excellent choice by ND, it had hired Clay Helton instead. You would say it isn't classy for Freemen to coach those kids at another school. I would not. You seem to feel players are owned by a team once they commit and must stay in their place as decided by the school. Your position is surprising because I have seen many threads here that, upon a new coach hire, ask how many recruits that coach will bring.

You are also wrong about the non-compete. Many states, including California, make it unlawful to restrict competition after employment ends. The idea that a school and coach could restrict the actions of players who are not even a part of the contract is absurd.

I am also not sure why Riley would be Salty after a loss. He doesn't have many losses, but I don't recall seeing him Salty. Maybe I missed it.

I highly doubt we win easily. You can’t tell me these portal additions won’t have a huge impact. It’s going to be closer than years past.

I highly doubt we win easily. You can’t tell me these portal additions won’t have a huge impact. It’s going to be closer than years past.
I take your points but here is the thing. We have a very bad D-line and a C+ B- o-line. Our weaknesses fit into your strengths. Plus, 100 percent of the team will be playing a new system. ND in a breeze.

Last edited:
I take your points but here is the thing. We have a very bad D-line and a C+ B- o-line. Our weaknesses fit into your strengths. Plus, 100 percent of the team will be playing a new system. ND in a breeze.
beach what do you think of that transfer QB? Check out the kids vid at JC. Forget the competition, just look at his throws and vision. Just very impressive stuff! And he has maturity, which always helps.

beach what do you think of that transfer QB? Check out the kids vid at JC. Forget the competition, just look at his throws and vision. Just very impressive stuff! And he has maturity, which always helps.
He is good enough for a three. He was going to BYU on a ride after his Mormon mission but they canceled those trips because of Covid. His highlights look good, but whose don't? I think he is good enough to run the scout team. If we get down to him we are in some trouble, but what team isn't if they lose their first two Qs.

He is good enough for a three. He was going to BYU on a ride after his Mormon mission but they canceled those trips because of Covid. His highlights look good, but whose don't? I think he is good enough to run the scout team. If we get down to him we are in some trouble, but what team isn't if they lose their first two Qs.
his JC coach thinks you are very much underestimating him! Strong arm, always eyes downfield, passes are on the money.

You don't see the problem in allowing schools to hire coaches and have them bring their players too?

You don't see the problem in allowing schools to hire coaches and have them bring their players too?
problem? of course! the structure of college football is broken! why call it college football? what does it have to do with ‘students’? this is a farce and all about money and power. It is Tobtal Hypocrisy. Give it back to students, no scholarships, and uniform academic requirement standards. That was a sport!

problem? of course! the structure of college football is broken! why call it college football? what does it have to do with ‘students’? this is a farce and all about money and power. It is Tobtal Hypocrisy. Give it back to students, no scholarships, and uniform academic requirement standards. That was a sport!
Not sure what you mean by "their players". Players voluntarily agree to play for a school and coach. It they aren't good enough they get cut or benched. If they aren't happy they transfer. If the coach fares badly or get a better job offer he leaves. The same applies to the coaching staff, the professors and school admins.

A coach can't "bring their players". No one is forced to do anything. For some reason that I don't understand fans treat players and coaches like they are owned. The days of indentured servants are over. Everyone acts according to what they perceive their best interest to be. The same fans that question the ethics of players and coaches who leave, celebrate a poor coach being fired in the middle of his contract term. Doesn't make sense to me.

Not sure what you mean by "their players". Players voluntarily agree to play for a school and coach. It they aren't good enough they get cut or benched. If they aren't happy they transfer. If the coach fares badly or get a better job offer he leaves. The same applies to the coaching staff, the professors and school admins.

A coach can't "bring their players". No one is forced to do anything. For some reason that I don't understand fans treat players and coaches like they are owned. The days of indentured servants are over. Everyone acts according to what they perceive their best interest to be. The same fans that question the ethics of players and coaches who leave, celebrate a poor coach being fired in the middle of his contract term. Doesn't make sense to me.
That libertarian view has never been true of college athletics. There are rules and limitations on everything that happens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT