ADVERTISEMENT

Portal

problem? of course! the structure of college football is broken! why call it college football? what does it have to do with ‘students’? this is a farce and all about money and power. It is Tobtal Hypocrisy. Give it back to students, no scholarships, and uniform academic requirement standards. That was a s

That libertarian view has never been true of college athletics. There are rules and limitations on everything that happens.
Not on the ability to transfer. Students may have to sit a year, but as of today the NCAA doesn't require that. Everything is being done exactly by the rules all the parties agreed to. Fans just hate losing good players and seeing rivals get better, so they try to make it wrong for a player to seek to fulfill the life he wants.

These same fans have most likely switched jobs many times because of their own interests,

problem? of course! the structure of college football is broken! why call it college football? what does it have to do with ‘students’? this is a farce and all about money and power. It is Tobtal Hypocrisy. Give it back to students, no scholarships, and uniform academic requirement standards. That was a sport!
This is the problem. The structure is broken. The ones who take advantage are morally compromised. Not illegal but unethical. Kinda like a 50 year old banging an 18 year old it’s nit illegal but morally compromised. You might hit lightening in a bottle but you’re doing it in a way that doesn’t garnish much respect.

This is the problem. The structure is broken. The ones who take advantage are morally compromised. Not illegal but unethical. Kinda like a 50 year old banging an 18 year old it’s nit illegal but morally compromised. You might hit lightening in a bottle but you’re doing it in a way that doesn’t garnish much respect.
So what is your scenario where players are not allowed to transfer to another school? Why is it is unethical to transfer to play for a coach who they think might develop your abilities more? Don't kids go to higher ranked academic schools because they think it will lead to better development towards their goals? Why is this wrong for athletes?

How about players who commit to one school and then change theirs minds before signing? Is that unethical? A fifty year old having sex with an 18 year old is unethical because it is an elder more mature person taking advantage of a younger less mature person. Isn't that exactly the same thing as old fans and coaches trying to restrict the young student athletes because it interferes with their desires for the team?

Last edited:
Reactions: d1042 and sluggo69
Not on the ability to transfer. Students may have to sit a year, but as of today the NCAA doesn't require that. Everything is being done exactly by the rules all the parties agreed to. Fans just hate losing good players and seeing rivals get better, so they try to make it wrong for a player to seek to fulfill the life he wants.

These same fans have most likely switched jobs many times because of their own interests,
That makes sense; the day college football players are fired for poor performance.

Reactions: d1042
Happens every season. It is called being cut or being benched. You must know players are often told to look elsewhere,
How is being benched the same as being fired? Are they still on scholarship, yes. Are they still getting room and board, and gear, yes.

How is being benched the same as being fired? Are they still on scholarship, yes. Are they still getting room and board, and gear, yes.
If you look at it from the point of view of a fan, yes. Many of these players have the goals of playing in college football games and becoming better players. If those goals aren't met by the school, why is it wrong to transfer to another school where those goals can be met? Why is it wrong to play for the coach you want to play for? Players are recruited by specific coaches and if those coaches leave why can't the players? Why is it "unethical" for players and coaches to do what they want to do within the rules everyone agreed to when signing the LOI? Those rules allow for transfer.

The LOI does provide ownership of a player. Anyone who says the system is broken because players and coaches can change schools is just really saying people are making decisions based on their personal goals, rather than those of the one complaining.

If you look at it from the point of view of a fan, yes. Many of these players have the goals of playing in college football games and becoming better players. If those goals aren't met by the school, why is it wrong to transfer to another school where those goals can be met? Why is it wrong to play for the coach you want to play for? Players are recruited by specific coaches and if those coaches leave why can't the players? Why is it "unethical" for players and coaches to do what they want to do within the rules everyone agreed to when signing the LOI? Those rules allow for transfer.

The LOI does provide ownership of a player. Anyone who says the system is broken because players and coaches can change schools is just really saying people are making decisions based on their personal goals, rather than those of the one complaining.
No.

If you look at it from the point of view of as an adult, yes

Getting an education, room and board, gear is a far cry from being fired. Quite the oppsoite. Getting a degree is setting you up for life

I'm not going into your other points. Your point of them being benched as an equivalent to being fired is ridiculous

No.

If you look at it from the point of view of as an adult, yes

Getting an education, room and board, gear is a far cry from being fired. Quite the oppsoite. Getting a degree is setting you up for life

I'm not going into your other points. Your point of them being benched as an equivalent to being fired is ridiculous
Is it wrong to want to play football? If you applied to ND to get a business degree and they put you in social work school, would that be OK since you still were getting a degree?

I don't know if you ever held a job, but if so, are you in the same job that you started with? Because if you left for a better position that helped you achieve your life goals, by your standards you were being unethical.

Is it wrong to want to play football? If you applied to ND to get a business degree and they put you in social work school, would that be OK since you still were getting a degree?

I don't know if you ever held a job, but if so, are you in the same job that you started with? Because if you left for a better position that helped you achieve your life goals, by your standards you were being unethical.
You're saying a lot of things that I didn't comment on.

Your point that getting benched is equivalent to being fired is again, ridiculous. Makes no sense. It's a terrible point

You're saying a lot of things that I didn't comment on.

Your point that getting benched is equivalent to being fired is again, ridiculous. Makes no sense. It's a terrible point
The NFL doesn't let players transfer either. I guess the entire sport has the wrong perspective.

Reactions: NDblitz
Why are you here?
Here is my answer from the last time you asked:

NDblitz said:
Why is this Southern Cal guy on here? And for what seems a lot of time. I don’t think I’ve spent more than an hour of my life on a Southern Cal board.
I can help you out here. I am here because I enjoy it. I was born in Indiana and root for ND every game except one. In general, but not always, I respond to posts that mention USC. When people have questions, I try to answer them. When people post conclusions like, "LR is an unethical coach." I try to find out if there are any facts to support the statement. So far there haven't been any, but maybe you will be the first.

What did LR do that was unethical? How has what LR has done like speeding in a school zone?

By the way, this is a Rivals board. USC and Nd are rivals.

No beach is just confused. He treats college players as employees but not with the duties of employees. I will clarify it. Right now SC is exploiting the anarchy by hiring a head coach who brought his star player, and buying a star player from a different team. Once that starts happening to his team, beach will see how inappropriate it all is.

No beach is just confused. He treats college players as employees but not with the duties of employees. I will clarify it. Right now SC is exploiting the anarchy by hiring a head coach who brought his star player, and buying a star player from a different team. Once that starts happening to his team, beach will see how inappropriate it all is.
I don't like NIL and I am not confused about treating students like employees, Quite the opposite. I don't see any reason to restrict a player from transferring to play where and with whom he or she likes. Those are the terms the athlete, the coach and the school agrees to. i am not sure why anyone would make up additional restrictions that none of the parties have agreed to.

If Riley bought a player in violation of NCAA rules he should be sanctioned. What evidence is there for your claim that he did? I have asked this question many times and have gotten nothing back.

How much was Addison paid? Who offered it? Who at USC was part of the agreement. Both Addison's offensive coordinator and receiver coach left after last season and he is a long-time friend of Caleb Williams. Why do you believe he is lying about his reasons for leaving?

Caleb Williams came to Oklahoma to be coached by Riley because of this history with quarterbacks. Why is it wrong for him to follow that coach? Why do you think schools own players and can keep them at their school for their entire collage stay? If this restriction is what the parties want why is it not part of the NIL or financial agreements?

I get that for some fans anything that helps a rival they must make improper, but do you have any facts for anything you claim?

To help you out here is what I have found on Addison's NIL. Could you point out where ESPN is wrong?

https://247sports.com/Article/USC-W...ers-from-other-programs-per-report-187865068/ Addison NIL

Last edited:
I don't like NIL and I am not confused about treating students like employees, Quite the opposite. I don't see any reason to restrict a player from transferring to play where and with whom he or she likes. Those are the terms the athlete, the coach and the school agrees to. i am not sure why anyone would make up additional restrictions that none of the parties have agreed to.

If Riley bought a player in violation of NCAA rules he should be sanctioned. What evidence is there for your claim that he did? I have asked this question many times and have gotten nothing back.

How much was Addison paid? Who offered it? Who at USC was part of the agreement. Both Addison's offensive coordinator and receiver coach left after last season and he is a long-time friend of Caleb Williams. Why do you believe he is lying about his reasons for leaving?

Caleb Williams came to Oklahoma to be coached by Riley because of this history with quarterbacks. Why is it wrong for him to follow that coach? Why do you think schools own players and can keep them at their school for their entire collage stay? If this restriction is what the parties want why is it not part of the NIL or financial agreements?

I get that for some fans anything that helps a rival they must make improper, but do you have any facts for anything you claim?

To help you out here is what I have found on Addison's NIL. Could you point out where ESPN is wrong?

https://247sports.com/Article/USC-W...ers-from-other-programs-per-report-187865068/ Addison NIL
Every sports league restricts players from leaving and joining teams as they can. Are you saying the NCAAF (of the last few years) is the only one doing it right?

Beach- go home. No reason for you to be here.

Guys like Pers call you “classy”. That crap holds weight with any regulars here. Your passive-aggressive shots at ND are apparent to anyone with a brain.

Reactions: NDblitz
Beach- go home. No reason for you to be here.

Guys like Pers call you “classy”. That crap holds weight with any regulars here. Your passive-aggressive shots at ND are apparent to anyone with a brain.
I am at home. Any one who doesn’t like my posts is free to ignore me. What passive aggressive shots have I take at ND. Please list three or four.

Every sports league restricts players from leaving and joining teams as they can. Are you saying the NCAAF (of the last few years) is the only one doing it right?
You mean the leagues where there are contract requiring a player to remain with a team for a period of time after which they can go where they want? Do LOIs say that?
You realize that the reserve clause in baseball that purported to bind a player to a team was struck down by the courts right?

You mean the leagues where there are contract requiring a player to remain with a team for a period of time after which they can go where they want? Do LOIs say that?
You realize that the reserve clause in baseball that purported to bind a player to a team was struck down by the courts right?
So now that you get it, if they want the privileges of being professionals then they can take on some of the burdens.

So now that you get it, if they want the privileges of being professionals then they can take on some of the burdens.
I am afraid you don't get it. Anything the students the school and governing body is fine with me. But that was not the subject of this thread. It was written that students tranfering are unethical and a coach that accepts them is as well. What is unethical about taking an action that all parties invloved agree is proper? Something isn't wrong becuase fanboy stamps his foot and pouts.

Is a coach that moves to anther school without violating his contract (they have buyouts so it doesn't) unethical? If so how many coaches has ND unethically hired after they left other schools. This isn't about choices made by other sports. This is about the agreements agreed to by the people involved with CFB. If you don't like it, try to get it changed.

It is worth noting that cfb used to be far more restrictive. This was chenged because schools like Alabama would warehouse kids who would nver see the field to keep them from going to other schools. Sorrty you don't like it but that doesn't make it wrong.

I am afraid you don't get it. Anything the students the school and governing body is fine with me. But that was not the subject of this thread. It was written that students tranfering are unethical and a coach that accepts them is as well. What is unethical about taking an action that all parties invloved agree is proper? Something isn't wrong becuase fanboy stamps his foot and pouts.

Is a coach that moves to anther school without violating his contract (they have buyouts so it doesn't) unethical? If so how many coaches has ND unethically hired after they left other schools. This isn't about choices made by other sports. This is about the agreements agreed to by the people involved with CFB. If you don't like it, try to get it changed.

It is worth noting that cfb used to be far more restrictive. This was chenged because schools like Alabama would warehouse kids who would nver see the field to keep them from going to other schools. Sorrty you don't like it but that doesn't make it wrong.
I can't tell if you can't see the problem with unlimited transfers or are just ignoring it because it now helps your team.

I can't tell if you can't see the problem with unlimited transfers or are just ignoring it because it now helps your team.
They are not unlimited . A team can only have 85 total players on rides. Assuming they want to keep some who are already there it isn’t unlimited. ND took three players from the portal so I guess that must be an ethical amount. What is an unethical number.

if it is so wrong why can’t you articulate the reasons or answer the questions I have asked? Is it wrong because you say so?

I am not getting clear answers to the simple questions, we are done here.

They are not unlimited . A team can only have 85 total players on rides. Assuming they want to keep some who are already there it isn’t unlimited. ND took three players from the portal so I guess that must be an ethical amount. What is an unethical number.

if it is so wrong why can’t you articulate the reasons or answer the questions I have asked? Is it wrong because you say so?
Clay left USC in a death spiral - it is not fair for the new coach to try to use all appropriate resources to reverse that spiral! not fair - not fair!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT