ADVERTISEMENT

Playoffs a Real Possibility

DougsDad

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Nov 30, 2007
Alabama beats Auburn (3 losses) and Georgia (2 losses), SC beats Clemson (2 losses), Clemson beats Miami (2 losses), OSU beats Wisc badly (1 loss) and TCU beats OK (2 losses). Obviously ND needs to beat Stanford impressively. At that point picking the participants becomes a crap-shoot.

After 41-8 why would anyone want them in the playoffs? They aren’t the same team they were in October. I’ll take a major bowl win instead. Baby steps.

And when will Miami pick up a second loss? Pitt??

Alabama beats Auburn (3 losses) and Georgia (2 losses), SC beats Clemson (2 losses), Clemson beats Miami (2 losses), OSU beats Wisc badly (1 loss) and TCU beats OK (2 losses). Obviously ND needs to beat Stanford impressively. At that point picking the participants becomes a crap-shoot.
Notre Dame with two loses was beat by two loss Georgia and two loss Miami in head to head competition, and would never get selected over either.

LOL

Reactions: Mr.BigPants
After 41-8 why would anyone want them in the playoffs? They aren’t the same team they were in October. I’ll take a major bowl win instead. Baby steps.

And when will Miami pick up a second loss? Pitt??
Don't sleep on Pitt. They always pull some ungodly performace out of nowhere at times.

Now the above scenarios by the OP are not going to happen.

He's like if this team loses bad enough they'll count it as a second loss. Clemson will beat Miami by 134 points without scoring a single touchdown. Oklahoma will be excluded because mayfield touched himself. PSU will get left out bevayse of Sandusky. OSU will beat wisconsin but won't get in because of free Nike wristbands autographed and sold to benefit the Tressel foundation.

Seriously...i love the enthusiasm but I cant even call this optimism.
Moreover.... Tommy you are right. Who the hell would put us in after our 33 point drubbing in south beach.
Miami looked average all year until they played us. We made sure to vault them into elite convo while we got too scared of all that pressure.

What do ya think...
The moment ND got ranked third is when the undoing happened. Agaibst wake it began, then Miami.

Soneone pinch BK. He just pissed his pants.

Reactions: ndfi65 and Ara64
If Clemson beats Miami, Miami would not have two losses they would only have 1. What ND really needs is as follows.
Mich beat OSU(3losses), GT beat Georgia(2losses), Bama beat Auburn(3 losses) then Georgia(3 losses remember they lost to GT above), OSU beats Wisc(1 loss but I believe ND gets in over a 1 loss wisc team), and lastly Miami beats Clemson(2 losses and I think a 2 loss ND gets in over a 2 loss Clemson team).

80% of those wins above won't happen but if they did this is how I see it shaking out.
1 Bama 2 Miami 3 Oklahoma 4 ND

That final spot would be between 1 loss Wisconsin, 2 loss Clemson, 2 loss USC(if they win the PAC-12), and 2 loss ND. None of these teams listed here would have a conference championship and ND's resume would be the best out of this bunch. Again these won't happen and really ND doesn't deserve to get in but if the above happens they have a shot. And if Oklahoma were to lose to TCU combined with all of the above ND could sneak into the 3 spot and get another crack at Miami. HAHA. It's fun to dream.

The bottom line is kelly has to beat Stanford. I think he loses. If ND loses to a #24 Stanford then he should be replaced. The real challenge is can the 2 dimwits put together a balanced offensive attack?

Thanks for the entertainment and wishful thinking but this is stupid.

The bottom line is kelly has to beat Stanford. I think he loses. If ND loses to a #24 Stanford then he should be replaced. The real challenge is can the 2 dimwits put together a balanced offensive attack?

"I think he loses. If ND loses to a #24 Stanford then he should be replaced."

So -- Should OSU can Urban after he got his doors blown off by an UN-RANKED 5-6 Iowa team??? I mean, I know they are not #24 like Stanford is --

Washington lost to Stanford a couple weeks ago. I guess UW should can Chris Petersen.

Reactions: Kelso86
Washington lost to Stanford a couple weeks ago. I guess UW should can Chris Petersen.

It is those kind of statements that destroy your credibility on these and other topics. Really wasn’t that a childish retort? But, you already used ‘blah blah blah’ today. So.

Petersen hasn't been coaching udub for eight years with no major bowl wins.

Can't you read? The statement was made that Kelly should be fired if he loses to Stanford. No provisos or caveats were made. Stop injecting your inane thoughts into a post you didn't even make.

It is those kind of statements that destroy your credibility on these and other topics. Really wasn’t that a childish retort? But, you already used ‘blah blah blah’ today. So.

Not at all. My post was directly responsive to the prior post.

Can't you read? The statement was made that Kelly should be fired if he loses to Stanford. No provisos or caveats were made. Stop injecting your inane thoughts into a post you didn't even make.
OK genius bk lost now what? Does he need another 8 to right the ship?

OK genius bk lost now what? Does he need another 8 to right the ship?

We are 9-3 right now. I don't know of anyone out there who would (a) come to ND and (b) do better. I like Petersen, Shaw and Chryst, but I don't think any of them would come to South Bend.

We are 9-3 right now. I don't know of anyone out there who would (a) come to ND and (b) do better. I like Petersen, Shaw and Chryst, but I don't think any of them would come to South Bend.
Really moron? james franklin, tom herman, pat fitzgerald, jeff brohm, dan mullen couldn't do it? Please raise the bar, bk has reached the ceiling

Really moron? james franklin, tom herman, pat fitzgerald, jeff brohm, dan mullen couldn't do it? Please raise the bar, bk has reached the ceiling

Other than Brohm, none of them would come to ND. I'm not sure that any would be an upgrade from Kelly.

ND has to take a chance on a next Urban Meyer. There has to be a great budding assistant coach. It's like speculating on the great neighborhood in NYC. Once a Starbucks opens or hipster is walking around, your too late.

The next HC cannot be an apprenticeship. He has to be a confirmed winner, experienced, recruiter, and a guy who understands Notre Dame and all that comes with it. There is a silent opinion out there who believe that BK should stay unless a home run hire can be secured. Not everyone is part of the mob.

The next HC cannot be an apprenticeship. He has to be a confirmed winner, experienced, recruiter, and a guy who understands Notre Dame and all that comes with it. There is a silent opinion out there who believe that BK should stay unless a home run hire can be secured. Not everyone is part of the mob.

True. If he is not ready and proven he might go 8-4 and a decade without a major victory. We do not want that to happen.

Reactions: ndfi65
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT