ADVERTISEMENT

PJ Fleck and Minnesota

hoopsstar12

Posts Like A Champion
Jan 16, 2008
6 and 0. Soon to be 7 and 0. Some posters in the past on this board were very high on him and some were skeptical. They dismantled Nebraska. Best performance since 2003. It looks like Fleck can coach.

They have squeaked by some poor teams ... Their weak schedule shows a little life with PSU and Wisconsin in the 2nd half ... if they can win those we will take notice.

I took the over on the wins so I’ve paid attention to them. You are right. They did not look great or well coached in September. In October I haven’t watch them as much though

6 and 0. Soon to be 7 and 0. Some posters in the past on this board were very high on him and some were skeptical. They dismantled Nebraska. Best performance since 2003. It looks like Fleck can coach.

he will not get the talent there to contend. So when he loses to more talented teams, on this forum, he will be trashed and mocked.

They are not 6-0, they are 3-0. I'm tired of teams getting credited for wins against scrub universities as if they are just as legitimate as beating real teams.

Apparently they couldn't get Southern Georgia on the schedule so they instead got to play Georgia Southern. They deserve an invitation to the WhoCares.com Bowl unless and until they get some meaningful wins.

They are not 6-0, they are 3-0. I'm tired of teams getting credited for wins against scrub universities as if they are just as legitimate as beating real teams.

Apparently they couldn't get Southern Georgia on the schedule so they instead got to play Georgia Southern. They deserve an invitation to the WhoCares.com Bowl unless and until they get some meaningful wins.
At least they didn’t play BGSU!

this sounds like some “not my president”

minnesota is 6-0 whether you like it or not. To say otherwise is being delusional

Maybe the schedule has been favorable but I would venture to guess that on paper Nebraska is more talented. I think winning and attitude create a snowball effect. Maybe in a year or two it will be clearer.

Reactions: Catholicfan95
Maybe the schedule has been favorable but I would venture to guess that on paper Nebraska is more talented. I think winning and attitude create a snowball effect. Maybe in a year or two it will be clearer.

Ant not to acknowledge that we have a pretty damn good coach would then be delusional as well, correct?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Although last night Kelly looked like he really wanted to win badly and him going onto the field during the onside kick even though questionable i felt well hey at least hes fired up and wants to secure the victory. Whatever he said to the team worked because they all shifted.

Minny fans should be happy with their guy. He'd probably leave that place in a NY minute if an elite offer came across his desk. And speaking of Minnesota, I have the Port of Duluth on my bucket list. Those damn thousand footers coming into port has to be an awesome sight in person.

They have squeaked by some poor teams ... Their weak schedule shows a little life with PSU and Wisconsin in the 2nd half ... if they can win those we will take notice.

They cannot and will not defeat Wisconsin, and it’s doubtful that they’re all that competitive with Penn St., BUT it’s still an achievement to get a school like Minnesota that doesn’t have a base to recruit from and has no recent history of success to be this good relatively speaking.

Exactly. Minnesota has played a terrible schedule so far. Let's see how they do against real competition.

Reactions: hvillebill
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Although last night Kelly looked like he really wanted to win badly and him going onto the field during the onside kick even though questionable i felt well hey at least hes fired up and wants to secure the victory. Whatever he said to the team worked because they all shifted.
Too bad usc didn’t kick it to him ....would have made terrific entertainment !

Good start to the season, now let's see how they attack the tough part of their schedule. They have a real shot to win 9 or 10 games this year.

On another note, it is sad to see how far Nebraska has fallen since the 90's. Their joining of the BIG 10 has helped contribute to the fall. Sad

Reactions: Kelso86

"They are not 6-0, they are 3-0. I'm tired of teams getting credited for wins against scrub universities as if they are just as legitimate as beating real teams."

So, what Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, Oklahoma (hell, even ND -- minus the loss to Georgia) -- are they not undefeated to date, or, is their an asterick by their record as well?

Define "real team"? Whether you like it or not, Minnesota, as well all the other teams in America, their record is what it is -- so, as we stand to day, Minnesota is 6-0.

Like Kelly he's improved everywhere he's went

Define "real team"?

For starters, not a team not even in the same league, such as one from the FCS. Those games should be considered exhibition matches, and should not carry the weight, nor be counted, like a win vs an FBS opponent. Luckily the human committee can mull over résumés and unofficially disregard certain victories.

Last edited:
But Nebraska sucks!

schedule, at least in ‘19 is not something ND fans ought criticize others about.

ND has played a top 10 and a top 20 team. Will play a few more before it’s done as will Minn.

I like Minn and PJ, but look at those first 6 games. Anyone in the top 25 would be 6-0 to this point is all. Let’s see how it plays out. If they go undefeated they will be in the playoffs.

They cannot and will not defeat Wisconsin, and it’s doubtful that they’re all that competitive with Penn St., BUT it’s still an achievement to get a school like Minnesota that doesn’t have a base to recruit from and has no recent history of success to be this good relatively speaking.

The Gophers were 9-4 in 2016, the season prior to Fleck arriving. The same record Fleck may have at the end of this year.

I do think Fleck has proven himself. It can’t be a coincidence that he keeps winning wherever he goes. That said, it would be a gamble to hire him. I wouldn’t be opposed to hiring him contingent on him looking good in his first season. However, by the time BK retires, and I hope that’s in 5 years, Fleck will be coaching at MSU or something.

ADVERTISEMENT