ADVERTISEMENT

Payton Wilson

iwish

Posts Like A Champion
Feb 1, 2006
Just de-committed from UNC. Heading to the Irish or NC State?

I am wondering if Drue has told the coaching staff he isn't coming back for sure and thus the push on yet another LB? I'd love him to stay another year but as indicated in other threads, he has graduated and has lots of plans. One of my favorite players.

I think IIO’s take on the LB push is probably correct, and that is Elko prefers a longer player than some of our younger recruits. Wilson has been viewed as someone uninterested in leaving his home state, but he has a long relationship with both Elko and Lea from WF recruiting efforts. His visit for the Navy game went well, and he decommits from UNC a few days later. Interesting. Perhaps the fact he is recovering from recent ACL surgery has him thinking more about the 40 yr decision angle we push. Assuming he fully recovers from the ACL, he would be a really good get. NC St is a major player here, and most consider the team to beat.

It sounds like a NC state/ND battle with OSU in the mix. Finishing strong cannot hurt the chances.

247 has him 75 percent to Raleigh.

We still in this hunt, but did the weak finish to the year likely take us out of the race?

I already feel pretty good about our incoming linebackers. So, if it came down to Wilson or Griffith for one spot, I think I'd rather strengthen the depth in the secondary.

The constant rumors about Dorean being a candidate for various HC jobs can't help NCST's chances and helps ours. I like the size and length of both Wilson and Lamb. They strike me as guys who could play either Buck or drop WDE.

247 has him 75 percent to Raleigh.

We still in this hunt, but did the weak finish to the year likely take us out of the race?

I already feel pretty good about our incoming linebackers. So, if it came down to Wilson or Griffith for one spot, I think I'd rather strengthen the depth in the secondary.

You never know with these kids. In theory, they are committing to the university, the staff and their opportunity for playing time & growth. Unfortunately I think he is NCS's to lose.

Seems like a lot of coaches are playing Tennessee to get raises with their current team. Tennessee may not have our history or the history of some other top programs but it is embarrassing.
After the debacle on Sunday I think there are a lot of coaches that would have probably taken the job if offered initially who are now like "eff that" because of how much of a cluster the AD's office/program is right now. If Tenn had gone after Brohm or Dorean first without the Schiano incident I think both would have said yes.

Sounds like the Irish staff had an in-home with him today. We should get a feel for whether or not it had a positime impact or not soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT