ADVERTISEMENT

OTish: A lot of major personal tragic events to former ND players on that 2012 BCS team

chaseball

I've posted how many times?
Sep 8, 2007
Cierre Wood - charged for murder in Las Vegas back in 2019
DaVonte Neal - charged with murder in Idaho back in May of 2022
Louis Nix III dead in drowning after auto accident
Both Atkinson brothers dead by suicide

It's kind of bizarre how much tragedy has hit this roster inside of 10 years. All very talented/handsome/super athletic kids/young adults who had so much going for them. Just sad to see

The Wood one was especially horrific. It was child abuse I believe. Of a toddler?

Reactions: Airzee23
88 team too. Rod Culver, Bob Satterfield. Then later Demetrius DuBose

The Wood one was especially horrific. It was child abuse I believe. Of a toddler?
Not that it makes it better. Pre teen kid. Something about exercising or lack of. The mugshots look like a couple who were in the fast lane

88 team too. Rod Culver, Bob Satterfield. Then later Demetrius DuBose
Dubose was not on the 1988 team. Tragic death I believe there is a movie being made about it, shot by police.

Jeff Alm, Dean Brown, Boo Williams, Andre Jones have all passed away.

Asaph Scwapp, Paul Duncan and Kona Schwenke passed. Ethan Johnson situation is also extremely sad.

Last edited:
I was actually thinking about this the other day. It seemed like when Kelly first got to ND they were letting him recruit down a different aisle to an extent. He was landing some big time players early on that I don't think he was getting later on down the road. That seemed to come with some riff raff. All the players mentioned above. Greg Bryant, Max Redfield. We can throw the Michael Floyd situation in that even though that was a Weis recruit. The academic scandal. I believe there was a sexual assault situation at some point early on with some players and a female student. All that seemed to have cleared up by about 2017/2018, and he did have some of his best teams without that type of talent.

I was actually thinking about this the other day. It seemed like when Kelly first got to ND they were letting him recruit down a different aisle to an extent. He was landing some big time players early on that I don't think he was getting later on down the road. That seemed to come with some riff raff. All the players mentioned above. Greg Bryant, Max Redfield. We can throw the Michael Floyd situation in that even though that was a Weis recruit. The academic scandal. I believe there was a sexual assault situation at some point early on with some players and a female student. All that seemed to have cleared up by about 2017/2018, and he did have some of his best teams without that type of talent.
Prince Shembo. He was the player behind the SA. After a quality rookie year in 2014 with the Falcons he was released after killing his gf’s dog.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT