ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Something has to change

You would be wrong to believe every member of our Armed Forces would be participating with a government that a nation is rising up against.
It is a volunteer Amed Forces with members from all over the country who signed up to defend the nation not the government

Nowhere did I say that.

You don't make it happen until you take the evil and bad intent out of people. Whether it's mental illness, just pure evil, or prescripted drugs, the bad intentions have to be gone because it's the bad intent by bad people pulling the trigger. What you think is reasonable may not be reasonable to the guy in Montana or Indiana. And, I sure as hell don't want politicians making that decision because these people are experts at nothing more than getting elected. I have heard so many people blaming the NRA, the president, the gun lobbyists, the gun manufacturers but I seem to be alone here blaming the actual shooter with law enforcement not far behind apparently. I just stopped by this thread not to debate, but to blame the shooter and bring attention to those hero teachers who saved lives.
The shooter is a scum. His peers did the right thing by reporting him to the FBI. They did not take the steps needed to stop him

The shooter is a scum. His peers did the right thing by reporting him to the FBI. They did not take the steps needed to stop him
The FBI is going to take a beating on this one. It cost innocent lives and high ranking politicians are looking for answers and heads to roll.

Reactions: rgc7
Almost $32 million in NRA contributions to Trump's 2016 campaign and 2020 campaign fund is the reason why he will never fight for sensible gun controls.

It's time to stand up to the NRA and #protectourchildren by walking into a voting booth in November and sending a clear message to Congressional Republicans that supporting the NRA is the kiss of death for their political ambitions.
Coming from Bernie country I am not surprised by your comments. Surprisingly VT is a zero prohibition state except for some issues on state grounds. This is from The Traveler's Guide to the Firearm Laws of the Fifty States. A good read for anyone before making comments without much knowledge.

Reactions: Pennick4
I just asking, how do you know all these shooters are Christians? I'm just asking again, do you have a bias against Christians that you would roll that out?

I was going to ask about that too. The profile of the mass shooter is pretty distinct and has trended towards: young, white, male, isolated, on psychiatric drugs, and atheist/no-religion.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
The FBI is going to take a beating on this one. It cost innocent lives and high ranking politicians are looking for answers and heads to roll.
This is the 3rd recent instance where the FBI had ample data to prevent a tragedy.

This is not a gun problem, this is a people problem. Crazies. Bad people will find a way to do the dastardly deed. God help us if the day comes when we have surrendered all the weapons and need to rely on Anderson Cooper or Chris Cumo to ‘save us’.

I don’t have the answers to these horrific mass shootings, but I wonder what the black market gun sales would look like if we enact the banning of certain types of guns. There’s dangerous gun running now, imagine what it would be like if the laws were tightened significantly. I would say that it would open up a whole new batch of crime. If there was a way to get rid of the types that cause mass damage and cease production of them, I’d be all for it, but unfortunately, the criminals that are hell bent on killing will create a (black) market for production of these types. It’s messy, and I’m not saying that there’s nothing we can legislate to slow this down, but there’s no easy answers when it comes to the willingness of an evil or mentally deranged person to wreak havoc on the innocents.

String Nicolas Cruz up by his nuts I say, btw.

exactly. i don't support the banning of guns. many of my family members own guns. its the accessibility that has to addressed.

some of the dumb quotes I have heard are we have to ban this ar 15 because its an assault weapon. it is not. it is not a good deer hunting gun because it's not powerful enough. it is slow also. the problem to me is the schools themselves are easy targets so we need to do something about that. better security and armed people on campus. the most important thing is to do something with the mentally ill.

Seems like the FBI has it's hands fullq
some of the dumb quotes I have heard are we have to ban this ar 15 because its an assault weapon. it is not. it is not a good deer hunting gun because it's not powerful enough. ..........

I have used my MP 15 for hunting though I have it fitted for a 7.62 round

Here's my one and only post on this since I know I won't change anyone's mind. I'm am a conservative, I support the ban on AR-15's and semi--automatic rifles like it, just as both Bush's did. They are designed to kill a large number of people quickly. The AR-15 has a high muzzle velocity, which combined with the small .223 round produces a violently ricochet through the human body and bones. I don't think that this one thing will stop these nut bag kids from going on shooting spree's, that's a whole other cultural issue of raising desensitized, unsympathetic, narcissistic children, on psychosomatic drugs, but I do believe it will save lives.

Let’s make a lot of changes.

Immigration.
Guns.

Harlem,
Let’s also bring back ( I believe it was called ? ) The Legion of Decency “ that regulated
The content of Motion Pictures. Then Let’s apply that to all video games, TV, etc ?
I am sure if we did put restrictions on the “Entertainment “ industry, Academia , the “ News “,
the Liberals , etc. will be violently demonstrating in the streets because of restrictions on “ Freedom of speech And “ Artistic “ expression !
I have no interest in guns for my own very personal reasons , but most of my friends and neighbors
Do own guns for hunting, protection, or as collectors.
So, I am open to all types of new laws and restrictions that will cut down on violences as well as the moral decay of our society.
In short, if we can lawfully place restrictions on one group in society that some people feel are good for society, we can certainly place restrictions that other groups feel are also beneficial to society ?

Just a personal experience,( someone touched on this already ) I was 18 years old and had returned from many months of fighting
In Korea. A buddy and I went out into a local bar \ Pizzaria, we did not even want alcohol. We simply
Wanted a Pizza, and the waiter gave us a hard time until the owner intervened and we did get our pizza
And Coca Cola. Talk about unfair laws !

Here's my one and only post on this since I know I won't change anyone's mind. I'm am a conservative, I support the ban on AR-15's and semi--automatic rifles like it, just as both Bush's did. They are designed to kill a large number of people quickly. The AR-15 has a high muzzle velocity, which combined with the small .223 round produces a violently ricochet through the human body and bones. I don't think that this one thing will stop these nut bag kids from going on shooting spree's, that's a whole other cultural issue of raising desensitized, unsympathetic, narcissistic children, on psychosomatic drugs, but I do believe it will save lives.
You would be wrong

The too easy accessibility to guns has to be part of the discussion. I honestly do not see anything changing and incidents like the one this week will become more commonplace until the decision makers in this country choose not to be whores to the NRA and the gun lobby. This hiding behind the 2nd amendment is pure nonsense. When the 2nd amendment was written the most expert of riflemen could at best make three shots in a minute. The weapon used in the current incident had the ability to fire 50 rounds a minute. Does anyone truly believe our forefathers would have written that amendment to include weapons like that ? I believe they are weeping in their graves.
The 14th Amendment was not written so an illegal who gives birth to a child in America has automatic citizenship for the child it was adopted after the civil war so slaves and their descendants could become citizens. If u want to change the constitution go through congress. Do not let the 9th circuit liberal judges do that for us. To answer the question... the framers did not envision automatic weapons per se

Ok, care to add anything germane? Like I said, I'm under no illusions of changing anyone's mind. Just stating my opinion.
I'm sorry for the short response i was in he middle if something(taxes)when you stated that was going to be your only post on this subject.
More people are harmed with hand guns than AR/MP's
Homicidal psychopath will find any means to commit their deeds.
Banning semi-automatic rifles do nothing to solve that problem.
All that does is take away my right.
It looks like at this point in today's society armed guards need to be posted at schools ,churches, or anywhere else that it seems a psychopath would want to do harm.
I own both ARs, and MPs, and I am a responsible gun owner. but my obedience to the tight way of owning the firearm's I own will not stop a criminal
Look how the Swiss gun laws work. Open Carry....... no problem semi automatics ownership ......no problem a patriotic sense..... strong.
There could be a model there.
BTW the Bush's were not really conservative.

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
I'm sorry for the short response i was in he middle if something(taxes)when you stated that was going to be your only post on this subject.
More people are harmed with hand guns than AR/MP's
Homicidal psychopath will find any means to commit their deeds.
Banning semi-automatic rifles do nothing to solve that problem.
All that does is take away my right.
It looks like at this point in today's society armed guards need to be posted at schools ,churches, or anywhere else that it seems a psychopath would want to do harm.
I own both ARs, and MPs, and I am a responsible gun owner. but my obedience to the tight way of owning the firearm's I own will not stop a criminal
Look how the Swiss gun laws work. Open Carry....... no problem semi automatics ownership ......no problem a patriotic sense..... strong.
There could be a model there.
BTW the Bush's were not really conservative.
Then we'll agree to disagree on this subject. The last time I checked though this is a democracy. If the majority votes to ban them, would you support and abide by the law?

Then we'll agree to disagree on this subject. The last time I checked though this is a democracy. If the majority votes to ban them, would you support and abide by the law?
We are a republic last time I checked, and the dismantling of the Constitution will bring havic

I think the problem lies far past the guns as anyone who wants to commit acts of violence will find a way (truck, explosives, planes, etc.). Yes, it is crazy to think that some of these 'crazy' people are buying guns legally and the background check should be re-done (maybe privatize that process). I think the biggest problem in this country is the big pharmacies. Kids are getting drugs handed to them by DR.s that hard more addictive and harmful than drugs they could find on the street.....As someone who had his leg snapped by a skid steer and given an unlimited scrip to oxy-cotin at the age of 21, I feel lucky that I never developed a habit but those pills are ridiculous! Other problem is that in America everyone is so concerned about themselves and they will do anything for 'likes' and clicks and attention, even if that means negative attention. This FL kid knew he would be famous within a day if he did this..... and he was right.
It's simplistic to equate guns with bombs or the use of planes as WMD. How many people can properly build a bomb; how many can commandeer a plane or sneak a bomb aboard one? With guns, all that is needed is a weapon (easily obtained) and a soft target (malls, churches, theaters, nightclubs - you name it). The equivalence of the one with the others is the kind of soft-headed rationalization one might expect to hear on talk radio.

It's simplistic to equate guns with bombs or the use of planes as WMD. How many people can properly build a bomb; how many can commandeer a plane or sneak a bomb aboard one? With guns, all that is needed is a weapon (easily obtained) and a soft target (malls, churches, theaters, nightclubs - you name it). The equivalence of the one with the others is the kind of soft-headed rationalization one might expect to hear on talk radio.
How many people do drunk drivers kill a year?, Or illegal immigrants?

some of the dumb quotes I have heard are we have to ban this ar 15 because its an assault weapon. it is not. it is not a good deer hunting gun because it's not powerful enough. it is slow also. the problem to me is the schools themselves are easy targets so we need to do something about that. better security and armed people on campus. the most important thing is to do something with the mentally ill.
great woodchuck gun.

Reactions: zonairish
I think that the posters who have stated that: “ That guns do not kil, but insane people do “
are on the correct side of this argument. There are also all types of mental illness , but only a small
Portion of the mentally ill, are criminally and violently insane.
So while some small number of people are born with all types of illnesses, I think that all civilized society is based upon Aristotle’s: “ The mind is a Tabula Rasa “
Children learn and fill and nourish their minds with ideas that are taught to them by
The families and the societies that they live in.
Bring children up in a home full of love , moral, religious values, and , yes, loving discipline
As well, and the tabula rasa is nourished with healthy “ food “ ( Ideas ).
Then turn that child out into a society that share those ideas and values, and supplements
That nourishment as the child matures.
Under such conditions Laws are minimal , Jesus said it best and limited the 10 commandments
Down to two. Good and Moral societies need few laws !
I have lived a long time and have seen our society become more and more divisive, and less
And less moral as the years have progressed.
Just as one example. Easter Vacation was a religious Vacation. Today it is know as. “ Spring Break “
Which we see year after year the beach “ Orgies “ that would make a perverted Roman Emperors feel right
At home.
I think the computer programmers explain it best : Gabbage in. Gabbage out. True for both the
Computer and the human mind.

Last edited:
Your narrative seems to be that you could care less what happens as long as you can have your guns. Like Congress, thoughts and prayers and nothing else.
You don't stake me as the narrow minded poster you come across as sometimes.

Me owning my firearm's effect no one because I am responsible
I do profoundly care about what's going on. Who was it that stated "don't let a good tragedy go to waste"?
I watch illegal immigrants get passed citizens don't.
Now as with every tragedy with guns outside of big cities big government wants to infringe. I stand with the Constitution as anyone who lives in a Reublic should

ADVERTISEMENT