ADVERTISEMENT

OT Real Madrid UCL Title Hopes On Life Support

raulduke_007

I've posted how many times?
Jan 5, 2010
1st alittle Housekeeping: Savy I dont care if you comment I will not reply...

On to the match:
It could of been alot worse but some how, some way Real Madrid escaped Man City with only a 4-3 loss.
Once again Carlo tries to put a square peg into a round hole and played yet another tactical Defensive game which we havent been able to do all year. It didnt work the 1st leg vs PSG, it didnt work the 2nd leg vs Chelsea and it really didnt work today against Man City. We were very lucky not to lose 8-3. Real's back 4 is flat out horrid. They cant mark, they cant deny service into the box, they can't clear & ignite the counter and they certainly can defend as 1 cohesive unit. Man City was also missing 2 huge defensive pieces today (Walker & Cancelo) and Carlo missed a golden opportunity to go full attack mode & rack up the goals which were there for the taking. When we played aggressive especially after getting down 2 early, then again after getting down 3-1, then again aftee getting down 4-2. It was so bizarre to watch us cut the lead to 1 & Carlo would immediately switch back to a 4-4-1-1 or a straight 5-4-1 and Man City would pick us apart.
The only hope to pull off a miracle comeback is if Carlo turns the boys lose and goes full on attack mode for the full 90. Im not sure it will work but there is no way Real Madrid can sit back again vs Man City. Our best defense is our offense. Hala Madrid!

Last edited:
Reactions: sluggo69
English soccer is in the ascendancy at the moment. This does not bode well for USMNT. But losing by one in the away leg is not bad at all. Benzema is ridiculously good. In terms of your occasional soccer post polluting the board, it may be technically true as it does not belong—but IMHO it is like polluting a landfill with a Kwanzan Cherry Blossom tree. I grade your posts to be a solid B with a deduction only for occasional political polemics.

Reactions: HDK
English soccer is in the ascendancy at the moment. This does not bode well for USMNT. But losing by one in the away leg is not bad at all. Benzema is ridiculously good. In terms of your occasional soccer post polluting the board, it may be technically true as it does not belong—but IMHO it is like polluting a landfill with a Kwanzan Cherry Blossom tree. I grade your posts to be a solid B with a deduction only for occasional political polemics.
Being down 2-0 after only 11 minutes and Man City blowing a number of legit scoring chances losing only 4-3 was gift. Still with Walker and Concelo coming back Im not sure we can put up 4 goals at home.
I dont see a scenerio where our back 4 doesnt concede atleast 2. Militao and Albala both have been overused this season and look tired & out of form. Dani C is past his prime while he can occassionally still flash offensively his marking and defensive work rate is sub par. Mendy looked lost most of the time & half assed his marking and denial esp. on the 3rd goal.
Our Defensive Midfield is old & slow Kroos was out chasing shadows most of the game and while he is still an elite passer he is a huge liability in the defensive half.
The only bright spot on the team is Benz. He has been unreal this year. Vinni had moments of pure brilliance. I think Rodrygo is more a Super Sub but he is getting better each game.
Modric still amazes me. We need him to produce a few magical moments next Wednesday.

Haha, This reminds me of when I start speaking to my son-in-law in broken Spanish, and he starts talking super fast and I lose most comprehension! But good stuff, I will pick up what I can…..

Real Madrid is lucky to be in the semifinals. Man city is way better thank Real Madrid, especially coaching. English football is king now. Spanish football domination is over. Man City and Liverpool will be in the finals.

Real Madrid is lucky to be in the semifinals. Man city is way better thank Real Madrid, especially coaching. English football is king now. Spanish football domination is over. Man City and Liverpool will be in the finals.
Real needs to fill some holes in the back 4 and Defensive Midfield but the future is looking bright but make no mistake the Kings of Futbol arent going anywhere.
Bale, Hazard, Isco, Marcelo come off the books this year.

Vinni Jr is special age 21
Camavinga is special age 19
Rodrygo has promise age 21
Fede is legit age 24
Militao is solid age 24

Mbappe 23 is likely to sign this summer. Signed Rudiguer. Haaland looking like a longer shot but were still in the running.

ADVERTISEMENT