ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Mike Leach (HC @ Mississippi St.) dead at age 61

Read about his critical condition yesterday, and sad to read that he passed. His Press conferences were classics, and his offenses creative as hell. Great innovator and risk taker against conventional wisdom. His presence among college football coaches will be missed. Thanks for posting.

“HC At Mississippi St.”

Gee, thanks for clarifying.

And since when is a death in CFB off topic.

Reactions: Airzee23
I am super bummed. Met him at a clinic. Tried to talk football. Ended up talking about surfing for 45 minutes.

I am super bummed. Met him at a clinic. Tried to talk football. Ended up talking about surfing for 45 minutes.
I am reading so many stories of random people who would approach Leach and wind up talking for a long time. I am so bummed that I didn't find him when WSU was playing in the Cactus Bowl, I ran into some players at the local shopping mall.

This is the loss of a national treasure.

Listening to some of the condolences to Coach Leach, others telling stories about him he sure does sound like he would be fun as hell to hang with and drink some beers. He was a big Buffett and Key West fan.

Reactions: Chitown11
Listening to some of the condolences to Coach Leach, others telling stories about him he sure does sound like he would be fun as hell to hang with and drink some beers. He was a big Buffett and Key West fan.
Jimmy or Warren?

• Haha
Read about his critical condition yesterday, and sad to read that he passed. His Press conferences were classics, and his offenses creative as hell. Great innovator and risk taker against conventional wisdom. His presence among college football coaches will be missed. Thanks for posting.
👍

Leach was the most interesting man in the world. He was my emergency hire for ND.

Reactions: NDblitz
In a world full of ass hat coaches with God complexes like Urban Meyer, know nothing media personalities, and message board dimwits who wax poetically about football strategies they know nothing about.

Mike Leach, like Lavell Edwards, Bill Walsh and Paul Brown proved you do not have to be a certified meathead, hell bent on running the football, into a brick wall on 1st and 2nd down.

Those coaches proved 50/50 run pass balance is complete BS, and it is WAY easier to gain 5 yards on 1st down passing, than it is running. When you have inferior personnel and lineman.

Henceforth Mike Leach was able to produce a winner at Texas Tech, WSU and Miss St. With inferior talent, He also produced coaches like Kingsbury, Riley and Holgerson

It is no coincidence that Mike Holmgren and Andy Reid, worked for BOTH Lavell Edwards and Bill Walsh. 5 Super Bowls and an NCAA National Championship is not a bad track record.

It is also no coincidence that ND, had its best stable of running backs in 35 years, and the play of the OL was vastly improved. Yet still went a disappointing 8-4. Why? Because ND lined up with 5 skill position players, and only wanted to get the ball to 2 of them. Running back and Michael Mayer. That is how you lay an egg versus OSU, Marshall, Stanford and not gain a 1st down the entire 2nd half vs Navy.

In a world full of ass hat coaches with God complexes like Urban Meyer, know nothing media personalities, and message board dimwits who wax poetically about football strategies they know nothing about.

Mike Leach, like Lavell Edwards, Bill Walsh and Paul Brown proved you do not have to be a certified meathead, hell bent on running the football, into a brick wall on 1st and 2nd down.

Those coaches proved 50/50 run pass balance is complete BS, and it is WAY easier to gain 5 yards on 1st down passing, than it is running. When you have inferior personnel and lineman.

Henceforth Mike Leach was able to produce a winner at Texas Tech, WSU and Miss St. With inferior talent, He also produced coaches like Kingsbury, Riley and Holgerson

It is no coincidence that Mike Holmgren and Andy Reid, worked for BOTH Lavell Edwards and Bill Walsh. 5 Super Bowls and an NCAA National Championship is not a bad track record.

It is also no coincidence that ND, had its best stable of running backs in 35 years, and the play of the OL was vastly improved. Yet still went a disappointing 8-4. Why? Because ND lined up with 5 skill position players, and only wanted to get the ball to 2 of them. Running back and Michael Mayer. That is how you lay an egg versus OSU, Marshall, Stanford and not gain a 1st down the entire 2nd half vs Navy.
Notre Dame is also 52-11 the last 5 seasons, with two undefeated regular seasons, and two CFB playoff appearances.

All is not bad.

Again. All is not bad.

Notre Dame is also 52-11 the last 5 seasons, with two undefeated regular seasons, and two CFB playoff appearances.

All is not bad.

Again. All is not bad.
BK's spread is nothing like the air raid besides that they both pass the ball a lot.

It should be noted that Leach went out with wins against Texas A&M, his favorite victim, and rival Mississippi and Lane Kiffin, the antithesis of Leach.

ADVERTISEMENT