ADVERTISEMENT

OT Kings of Futbol Survive On to the UCL Semi's!!!

raulduke_007

I've posted how many times?
Jan 5, 2010
Despite our own managers best efforts Real Madrid survives and advances to the Champ's League Semi's. Winning on a Extra Time header by Benz who now has 12 goals overall & 7 in the KO phase of the Champ's League.
I wouldnt be shocked nor would I mind if Papa Perez sent Carlo packing after that Managerial job he did tonight.

1st Carlo once again refuses to face reality that Casemiro & Kroos are past their primes and cant play together in the Defensive Midfield. Camavinga & Fede are our 2 best MFDers & yet Fede played as a winger hybrid position & Camavinga was on the bench.
2nd Carlo's tactics tonight were beyond stupid. Chelsea cant defend but have a potent offense so with his best CB (Militao) out Carlo decides to deploy the Park the Bus or as we call it Prevent Defense strategy and let Chelsea dominate possession. Real is not a tactical defensive team & it was easily predictable that Chelsea would score multiple goals. Only after giving up 3 straight goals & getting down 4-3 on aggregate did Carlo finally take off both Kroos & Casemiro. Finally Real started creating chances & a brilliant Modric pass & a great Rodrygo finish tied it all up in the 80th minute. In the 1st session of extra time Vinni put a perfect cross & Benz hammer it home.
I dont know how Real Madrid pulled this debacle out of the fire but Hala Madrid!!!

Despite our own managers best efforts Real Madrid survives and advances to the Champ's League Semi's. Winning on a Extra Time header by Benz who now has 12 goals overall & 7 in the KO phase of the Champ's League.
I wouldnt be shocked nor would I mind if Papa Perez sent Carlo packing after that Managerial job he did tonight.

1st Carlo once again refuses to face reality that Casemiro & Kroos are past their primes and cant play together in the Defensive Midfield. Camavinga & Fede are our 2 best MFDers & yet Fede played as a winger hybrid position & Camavinga was on the bench.
2nd Carlo's tactics tonight were beyond stupid. Chelsea cant defend but have a potent offense so with his best CB (Militao) out Carlo decides to deploy the Park the Bus or as we call it Prevent Defense strategy and let Chelsea dominate possession. Real is not a tactical defensive team & it was easily predictable that Chelsea would score multiple goals. Only after giving up 3 straight goals & getting down 4-3 on aggregate did Carlo finally take off both Kroos & Casemiro. Finally Real started creating chances & a brilliant Modric pass & a great Rodrygo finish tied it all up in the 80th minute. In the 1st session of extra time Vinni put a perfect cross & Benz hammer it home.
I dont know how Real Madrid pulled this debacle out of the fire but Hala Madrid!!!
Huh

Just out of curiosity, why do you like RM? Do you have any connection with Spain or the city of Madrid? Because you are definitely seriously into it. And you take your 'ultra' fandom to the nth degree. So are you just a bandwagoneer, or do you have some sort of defensible reason?

Once I finally got Fox Soccer channel back in the day, I kind of adopted PSV Eindhoven for a season, because the Erividise or whatever it's called was one of the leagues that was on their package of various leagues they showed, and PSV games played all the time. And one of my favorite, most admired players of all time, Arjen Robben, his career was just starting out and he was a badass from the start. But it didn't take, and I just don't have any reason to have a favorite European club soccer team and so I don't. I barely even claim the Portland Trailblazers anymore, even though for me that was the only city that was a 2nd home for me, and that I could I have a justifiable reason to adopt as my personal favorite.

That and ND.... So why the hell do you like RM so much? Do you have any actual good reason? A traditional type reason, as in, some sort of halfway tangible connection? Obviously you're not going to be supporting Real Betis or Villereal or any other random Spanish Club, of course it's only going to be an elite super powerhouse. But do you have any real reason at all.....

I also liked FC Stuutgart, or at least pulled for them one season, when they were challenging Bayern for the Bundesliga, and I think they won! But that's it, they were just an underdog of the moment, like Leiceister City or something....

Savvy can you like a team out of spite? I used to like man u but when they got rid of beckham, I cheered for Chelsea out of spite, even picked Chelsea players in soccer pools out of spite.... thought I'd go back to cheer for man u some day, but the hate in me is still strong.

That's at least something. I also kind of liked Newcastle for a while, this is back in the days of Shearer and Les Ferdinand, and I managed to catch a few games at a British Pub in Oregon. David Beckham was just getting started at that time....

I think it's pretty easy to hate Man U. I guess when it comes to hating a team that's kind of universal. But to just pick a team and follow it with no connection at all? Call me old-fashioned, call me tribalistic.... But it's got to mean something. I don't think it's appreciated none too much in Europe, to be a bandwagoneer. Local fan loyalty is considered an important personal character trait, no matter how insignificant the club. It goes without saying....

And when soccer finally started to break big in the states, on network TV, they had like a little guide to picking a favorite team, for ingenuous would-be American soccer fans. Maybe that's where the OP developed his passion for Real Madrid. They checked all the boxes! Hala Real Madrid, or however that goes.... I can say one thing, when it comes to Barcelona vs Real Madrid, holy shit that is no choice at all. From soup to nuts, in every possible way I'll take Barcelona. Don't even get me started on that.....

I don't frickin'' know what Barcelona fans do. I just know RM was Franco's team. And Barca was George Orwell's.... Assuming he was any kind of a soccer fan, I don't know.... That and they have way better uniforms and they invented tiki taka....

I guess I do kind of 'hijack' your little RM pom pom threads. What can I say.....

We are the Kings of Europe!

Hala Madrid y nada mas!
If we were to win Champ's League it would be the toughest & most corrupt path to a title ever. Im convinced the KO draws were rigged by UEFA to penalized us for the Super League and yet were still standing. Hala fvcking Madrid!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT