ADVERTISEMENT

OT: I am now done with the NFL

Not sure how exactly stating that if employees wanted to act that way they should be fired constitutes being curb stomped.

Those ungrateful Bastards kneeling and feeling the need to make some statement are absolute morons.

If nothing else... That flag and anthem should represent to them the very reason they're making such insane sums of money playing a sport. No other country whatsoever coukd they make such money whatsoever. Not even close. Yet they want to express their dismay to the very country responsible for all the Bentley's and Rolex they buy.

Absolutely stupid people. So
agree 100 percent

Reactions: rgc7
I'm disgusted by what the NFL players have done today. There are better ways to protest things without disrespecting the flag and the country.

I don't know what Kaepernick and all the others think they're going to accomplish by disrespecting the flag. They'll do nothing to further their cause (whatever their cause is, I don't even know exactly).

I'm disgusted by what the NFL players have done today. There are better ways to protest things without disrespecting the flag and the country.

I don't know what Kaepernick and all the others think they're going to accomplish by disrespecting the flag. They'll do nothing to further their cause (whatever their cause is, I don't even know exactly).
Umm....they're against racism. Or something like that. I myself am a big fan of racism actually. So I suppose they are protesting people like me maybe? Oh, also cops are pigs and they sometimes can be meanie heads.

Fortunately, their magical knees should be able to solve all that.

Last edited:
Kneeling for the national anthem does not disrespect our flag or our country. The Confederate flag and the nazi flag disrespect our flag and our country! The Confederacy and nazi Germany were both wartime enemies of the United States of America. I served so that all would have the right to peacefully protest in the manner they see fit. If you don't watch that's fine but don't deny the legitimate protest of another.

Kneeling for the national anthem does not disrespect our flag or our country. The Confederate flag and the nazi flag disrespect our flag and our country! The Confederacy and nazi Germany were both wartime enemies of the United States of America. I served so that all would have the right to peacefully protest in the manner they see fit. If you don't watch that's fine but don't deny the legitimate protest of another.
I pay 30% in income tax and other people I know pay nothing. That is demonstrable evidence of inequality. Should I go in the street and burn the American flag in protest? Would you consider that the highly American thing to do? I mean, it's expressing my freedom of speech after all.

Which is?????

Nobody is denying it.

But actions do have ramifications!
Trump stating that the players doing should be fired. It was his opinion on the matter.

Whether an NFL owner wants to do that is his choice as well and nobody can say a word about it.

The very amendment the kneelers point to that protect them is the very same one an owner can exercise with zero explanation. If firing a player is his form of speech, oh well.

The one word that usually doesn't come up enough with these self centered idiots is no class.

These people have absolutely no class.

Say what you want about Jerry Jones but he will not have someone disrespecting his organization and fans by being selfish.

That's all this move is. More selfish look at me idiotic horseshit.

Nobody is denying it.

But actions do have ramifications!
Trump stating that the players doing should be fired. It was his opinion on the matter.

Whether an NFL owner wants to do that is his choice as well and nobody can say a word about it.

The very amendment the kneelers point to that protect them is the very same one an owner can exercise with zero explanation. If firing a player is his form of speech, oh well.

The one word that usually doesn't come up enough with these self centered idiots is no class.

These people have absolutely no class.

Say what you want about Jerry Jones but he will not have someone disrespecting his organization and fans by being selfish.

That's all this move is. More selfish look at me idiotic horseshit.
You are correct. This is simple. Freedom of speech and expressing one's opinion is a two-way street. Some people act like these protesters can say and do whatever they want without consequence, and fans have to shut the Hell up and like it.

Reactions: rgc7 and 88ND
You are correct. This is simple. Freedom of speech and expressing one's opinion is a two-way street. Some people act like these protesters can say and do whatever they want without consequence, and fans have to shut the Hell up and like it.
Short term they don't care. It's out of sight and out of mind. The players got paid last week so it doesn't matter. They know direct deposit will happen on Monday whether they kneel or not.

What do they care? They don't.

They made their trendy statement. They very owner who is paying them grotesque sums of money is left with a pisses off fan base, ticket sales sliding, bad PR, etc.

But hey...the athlete got paid and has the camera..so look at me kneeling.

****ing stupid bastards!

I pay 30% in income tax and other people I know pay nothing. That is demonstrable evidence of inequality. Should I go in the street and burn the American flag in protest? Would you consider that the highly American thing to do? I mean, it's expressing my freedom of speech after all.

Give it a shot. Suppose a Republican athlete knelt to protest abortion? One thing I've noticed since this whole thing broke is the right doesn't protest.

Our troops fought for American ideals, like Freedom of Religion, and now we have a movement to prevent an entire sect from practicing. And some would like elimination of probably a few more

They fought for the priveledge of choosing our leaders, yet even on a good day about one third of us don't vote. Sometimes 80% stay home

They sacrificed so that we can question our leaders yet when we do that today the "leader" has us beaten up

Stay respectful all

Short term they don't care. It's out of sight and out of mind. The players got paid last week so it doesn't matter. They know direct deposit will happen on Monday whether they kneel or not.

What do they care? They don't.

They made their trendy statement. They very owner who is paying them grotesque sums of money is left with a pisses off fan base, ticket sales sliding, bad PR, etc.

But hey...the athlete got paid and has the camera..so look at me kneeling.

****ing stupid bastards!
They will care when only half the stadium fills up and TV ratings plummet because people are sick of politics in sports. Hit them where it counts : in the pocketbook. Then they can, upon reflection, wonder whether or not participating in foolishness and following a dumb jock as if he was some brilliant activist (Kaepernick) was such a great idea.

Reactions: 88ND and rgc7
They will care when only half the stadium fills up and TV ratings plummet because people are sick of politics in sports. Hit them where it counts : in the pocketbook. Then they can, upon reflection, wonder whether or not participating in foolishness and following a dumb jock as if he was some brilliant activist (Kaepernick) was such a great idea.
And you add the concussion factor

Make no mistake. The protest is not about the flag it is about minorities being dispraproportionately victimized in this country.
They are mostly being victimized by other minorities.
You DONT stand to a foreign flag on foreign soil directly after disrespecting yours.
If they were so concerned they would go in then communities and try to make a difference.
I imagine 90% of them don't even live in those communities anymore what does that tell you, and why do you think that is?

Not sure how.....constitutes being curb stomped.

When you can send out a tweet or 2 and cost your adversary 200 million dollars (which is the estimate for the NFL losses from the protests) that constitutes curb stomping your adversary. It cost POTUS nothing and he commands an army of 62 million consumers.

Reactions: rgc7 and Bodizephax
The point I'm trying to make is people are losing their minds and acting as if these players are spitting and desecrating the flag. The truth is for every current or former serviceman that hates seeing this, there is one who knows they fought for this ability. These major sporting organizations are not about to create rules and tell the players what to do so why government is advocating for it is nonsensical.

I suggest you go to your employer and stage a protest for your political beliefs and see how it goes. No one attends these events to get the athletes political views. However, if they choose to alienate a larger portion of their customers by sharing said views by using this method to insult them, then expect a backlash and for people to vote with their wallet. It is a terrible move by the NFL to allow this.

It's gotta be fun to be a billionaire and be able to become president, then go back and curb stomp all the people who angered you through the years.

Our POTUS and the NFL have a long history. And there's no love lost. He has now cost them millions of dollars today alone and it only cost him a tweet. It's going to continue to cost them a lot of money.

I see now more than ever that it's good to be king.

And yet the NFL fell for it.. Seriously this has been an issue since way before a Trump became president. Trump is just stating what many feel about this issue. It's an in your face insult.

And yet the NFL fell for it

The NFL is just another part of the corporate globalist elites that have an agenda to push through that doesn't include most of us. So the NFL like the rest assume they can trash POTUS with impunity like is done within their own echo chambers and the msm and espn. Will see how it plays out, but it can't be good to alienate 62 million folks.

The NFL is just another part of the corporate globalist elites that have an agenda to push through that doesn't include most of us. So the NFL like the rest assume they can trash POTUS with impunity like is done within their own echo chambers and the msm and espn. Will see how it plays out, but it can't be good to alienate 62 million folks.

Especially when a majority of their customer base is blue collar joes who are more likely to have either served in the Amed Forces or have children that serve. This is a really bad business decision on their part.

Trump's had it in for NFL since 1984. These protests give him a valid reason to rail against the league and generate opposition. He can hide behind the anthem issue while continuing a feud that's based on another conflict

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Trump's had it in for NFL since 1984. These protests give him a valid reason to rail against the league and generate opposition. He can hide behind the anthem issue while continuing a feud that's based on another conflict
There is probably some truth to that, but the opposition to the kneelers is well known.

Trump is not playing patriotic out of the blue.

Last edited:
Reactions: 88ND and rgc7
I suggest you go to your employer and stage a protest for your political beliefs and see how it goes. No one attends these events to get the athletes political views. However, if they choose to alienate a larger portion of their customers by sharing said views by using this method to insult them, then expect a backlash and for people to vote with their wallet. It is a terrible move by the NFL to allow this.
Pre 2009 no team was on the sideline for the national anthem. If the NFL does anything they will revert back to this.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
If they have the legal authority to do that, all the power to them. I think it would be an excellent response by the players to use their massive combined social media power to lobby for a boycott of all of Donald Trump's hotels and services and it would be great to see the NBA guys like Steph Curry jump on board as well. I'm sure if they spread the word enough they can do some pretty irreparable damage to the Trump Fortune and put some extra stress on the old man. If he wants their livelihoods taken away, He has the right to voice it. I'd like to see them do the same.

Doubt seriously that those the NFL players think they represent, the poor and down trodden, stay at Trump Properties very often.

This is a bitter pill.
Being a Jaguar season ticket holder and watching them kneel to OUR National Anthem, but stand for a foreign countries is the final straw.
I have just sent the Jaguars a letter stating that "I will not be renewing my tickets" , and emailed my sister to do what she wants with the remaining one's but I would prefer she mails them back to the front office.

The day Americans honor a foreigners fag over their own is a day to take a stand

RGC,

You were correct I was wrong. I should of listen to you brother.

DIP, I just got back from Long Beach NY. The town is a bastion of NYPD, FDNY and other blue collar grunts. They host a wounded warriors project every year. Brother, The NFL is done. Folks in the bars turn these millionaires off! I cancelled my NFL red zone , ESPN and NFL Network channels. Bailing on Gmen vs SD game @ met life. I love the NFL but can no longer support these miscreants. Millionaires based on a Captilism! Good news, I'll save a few bucks on the SB Squares. Not gonna lie it's gonna be tough sledding at first. September & October two great sports months. MLB winding into the post season. CFB on Saturday & NFL on Sundays.

This whole protest/movement regarding the anthem is built on a false premise.

They can't even prove point A, let alone point B.

First of all, almost every individual case of racial "injustice" is proven to be a false claim. Just look at the Michael Bennett case as a fresh example. Second of all, there is absolutely no concrete evidence of the bigger claim of systemic racism. It is all predicated on paranoid feelings of victimhood and delusions. Not exactly convincing material to those with a logical mind, who are not gullible to every boy they hear cry wolf. Show me the wolf, dammit.

And even if their claims of "inequality" were proven true, their methods are idiotic and unproductive, and will inspire no tangible change. EVERYBODY has some sort of grievance against our nation...some of it quite legitimate. Does that mean that not standing for the anthem will solve anything?

I think paying a higher tax rate than others is a concrete example of unfairness. Should I sit during the anthems at football games too? Will that actually improve the conditions I am critical of?

Any athlete who looks up to Kaepernick as some sort of messiah must be a low-IQ loser.

Written by someone who si unable to review data in an unbiased manner. You can argue degrees of inequality, but not the fact of inequality.

DIP, I just got back from Long Beach NY. The town is a bastion of NYPD, FDNY and other blue collar grunts. They host a wounded warriors project every year. Brother, The NFL is done. Folks in the bars turn these millionaires off! I cancelled my NFL red zone , ESPN and NFL Network channels. Bailing on Gmen vs SD game @ met life. I love the NFL but can no longer support these miscreants. Millionaires based on a Captilism! Good news, I'll save a few bucks on the SB Squares. Not gonna lie it's gonna be tough sledding at first. September & October two great sports months. MLB winding into the post season. CFB on Saturday & NFL on Sundays.
Like I said it was a bitter pill for me, but what the Jaguars did was the final straw.
I very much enjoyed my time tailgating. Talking about the college games the day before, but no those days are gone.

I still have college ball, NASCAR, and hunting though, but I will miss the game day ritual the week I would go

Pre 2009 no team was on the sideline for the national anthem. If the NFL does anything they will revert back to this.

It is their prerogative, but in the short term most would find it the cowards way out to resolving the issue. It's the equivalent to the school "zero tolerance" policy on fighting where they don't gave to determine who is responsible.

It is their prerogative, but in the short term most would find it the cowards way out to resolving the issue. It's the equivalent to the school "zero tolerance" policy on fighting where they don't gave to determine who is responsible.
It still the best answer to stop the bleeding.

ADVERTISEMENT