ADVERTISEMENT

OT: I am now done with the NFL

Question: Exactly why are they kneeling?? What is their claim?? Argument?? I suspect most of them are kneeling because someone else is kneeling, and they really couldn't articulate a reason.

Oh there is a reason. It's just not a good one.

Reactions: rgc7
Question: Exactly why are they kneeling?? What is their claim?? Argument?? I suspect most of them are kneeling because someone else is kneeling, and they really couldn't articulate a reason.
They think that their magical knee will somehow cure racism, that is apparently out to get them down at every corner. While they live in a country that allows them to get filthy rich playing a children's game.

It's gotta be fun to be a billionaire and be able to become president, then go back and curb stomp all the people who angered you through the years.

Our POTUS and the NFL have a long history. And there's no love lost. He has now cost them millions of dollars today alone and it only cost him a tweet. It's going to continue to cost them a lot of money.

I see now more than ever that it's good to be king.
What an excellent Post
Well done

This whole protest/movement regarding the anthem is built on a false premise.

They can't even prove point A, let alone point B.

First of all, almost every individual case of racial "injustice" is proven to be a false claim. Just look at the Michael Bennett case as a fresh example. Second of all, there is absolutely no concrete evidence of the bigger claim of systemic racism. It is all predicated on paranoid feelings of victimhood and delusions. Not exactly convincing material to those with a logical mind, who are not gullible to every boy they hear cry wolf. Show me the wolf, dammit.

And even if their claims of "inequality" were proven true, their methods are idiotic and unproductive, and will inspire no tangible change. EVERYBODY has some sort of grievance against our nation...some of it quite legitimate. Does that mean that not standing for the anthem will solve anything?

I think paying a higher tax rate than others is a concrete example of unfairness. Should I sit during the anthems at football games too? Will that actually improve the conditions I am critical of?

Any athlete who looks up to Kaepernick as some sort of messiah must be a low-IQ loser.

Oh man, so my favorite sports will be losing all those uneducated rednecks??? Christmas came early this year for the educated....

Reactions: bigbon4
What an excellent Post
Well done

I agree, in principle. My only gripe is that the top public servant I the country is advocating for American citizens to lose their jobs and he is intentionally damaging the NFL, which not only employs hundreds of players, but thousands more who clean the stadiums, run the concession stands, provide stadium security, operate the facilities, etc, etc. If you want to tear down the NFL, That's fine. But I don't want to hear the President droning on and on about job growth if he is going to intentionally take actions that could lose many Americans their jobs and I'm not talking about people making millions of dollars to play a game.

I'm generally a pretty right leaning centered person in terms of my politics. While we know Donald Trump is not a Republican or a Conservative by any stretch of the imagination, I'd ask my friends on the right this question.

When you are staunchly in favour of smaller government and getting the government out of people's lives and allowing them to make their own private decisions, how to you defend the POTUS, the top ranking government official, when he takes direct aim at law abiding citizens and their livelihoods and lobbies for them to be fired?

I think if a left leaning President, for example, called those who disagree with him to lose their jobs and their source of income, y'all would be kicking and screaming about your Constitutional Rights, the government staying out of your private lives and free market capitalism. I know that politics are hypocritical in general, but this seems like an obvious case of the President intentionally trying to **** with his own citizens.

Reactions: echowaker
Cut the money flow, and let all those over paid, egotistical celebrate bums, go get real jobs like
The rest of us !

Awesome stance...I wish the NFL would put those players in a position to speak to the every day American and they would realize just how wrong they are

Reactions: Bodizephax and rgc7
I agree, in principle. My only gripe is that the top public servant I the country is advocating for American citizens to lose their jobs and he is intentionally damaging the NFL, which not only employs hundreds of players, but thousands more who clean the stadiums, run the concession stands, provide stadium security, operate the facilities, etc, etc. If you want to tear down the NFL, That's fine. But I don't want to hear the President droning on and on about job growth if he is going to intentionally take actions that could lose many Americans their jobs and I'm not talking about people making millions of dollars to play a game.

I'm generally a pretty right leaning centered person in terms of my politics. While we know Donald Trump is not a Republican or a Conservative by any stretch of the imagination, I'd ask my friends on the right this question.

When you are staunchly in favour of smaller government and getting the government out of people's lives and allowing them to make their own private decisions, how to you defend the POTUS, the top ranking government official, when he takes direct aim at law abiding citizens and their livelihoods and lobbies for them to be fired?

I think if a left leaning President, for example, called those who disagree with him to lose their jobs and their source of income, y'all would be kicking and screaming about your Constitutional Rights, the government staying out of your private lives and free market capitalism. I know that politics are hypocritical in general, but this seems like an obvious case of the President intentionally trying to **** with his own citizens.
If a left leaning president was to criticize NFL players for not standing for the flag I would agree with that President.

My stance wasn't against NFL players not stand (though I didn't like it) I still paid for season tickets...again. it's about those players standing to a foreign flag after disrespecting theirs, and in this case it disrespecting their flag to do it on foreign soil.
Sometimes big businesses is no better than big government

If a left leaning president was to criticize NFL players for not standing for the flag I would agree with that President.

My stance wasn't against NFL players not stand (though I didn't like it) I still paid for season tickets...again. it's about those players standing to a foreign flag after disrespecting theirs, and in this case it disrespecting their flag to do it on foreign soil.
Sometimes big businesses is no better than big government

And, again, my gripe isn't with you or your decision in the least. I've applauded your personal choice at multiple points in this thread. My gripe is with the Putin'esque (a man Trump openly admits to admiring) tactics being used by the top public official in the United States towards his own citizens.

Your private decision is your business. The constitutional conservative in me applauded that. I don't want any control over you or your family's business. I also don't want Donald Trump negatively affecting the private affairs (the finances) of law abiding citizens in the USA. It's the same type of bureaucratic overreach that the right routinely accuses the left of.

So moving forward you approve of anyone using their government position to strike back at those who they perceive being an adversary of their past?
Please President Obama was a master at this.
I don't remember seeing you complain about his over reaches
You Liberals crack me up

We did do you realize the impact of ObamaCare? And all of the divisions he created? But yet more gun violence under his watch than any one I can remember and it was in his hometown where he said and did nothing!!!! As someone who never made it to the NFL to think players can mix football with political stances are ignorant. What you do on your free time more power too you. Don't use your company as a platform to be recognized for some BS stance when you have a 50 million dollar contract with 20 guaranteed.

I would challenge any of these players to come sit down and get a lesson in respect. You get to make a kings ransom to play a game.

It really pisses me off when people make stances like this and statements but their actions are no where to be found.

Always enjoy your football IQ but on this one my friend your way out of bounds....this president only said what every guy that get up at crack of dawn to provide for his family. Not some million dollar cry baby sad because god made him a certain color.

I completely support what the president is saying. This is the greatest country in the world and those colors don't run nor will be disrespected by anyone. If their life is so bad trade your American dollars in for Rubles or Peso's and leave. great thing about a free country is you can leave at anytime.

The president is just saying what every red blooded American thinks of these players that think they are bigger than themselves

Please President Obama was a master at this.
I don't remember seeing you complain about his over reaches
You Liberals crack me up
DIP it's apparent you see life through extreme right wing glasses but that's cool you are who you are. In fact I'd love to know what makes this a left vs. right issue?

DIP it's apparent you see life through extreme right wing glasses but that's cool you are who you are. In fact I'd love to know what makes this a left vs. right issue?
It doesn't
It's a right and wrong issue
I imagine my positions does seem extreme while you are looking so far left, but this is cool because we are who we are.....don't you mean?

Last edited:
So they are no longer there for the value of a higher education.

There is a lot of money available and don't you think some of that should go back to the education system in regards to public schools and underfunded parochial schools in areas that are totally dysfunctional and be ran by more competent people? How about that money going to send some young people who cannot afford private institutions?

Paying players a paycheck is a bad idea increase their benefits possibly.
Spreading the money out is a good idea

You see this unionize is the players.
I get your union guy most my family are union members but there are just some places unions do not belong the Armed Forces and college sports are two of them
I ve always said a modest monthly stipend is fair. The volume of money generated is staggering. If not reduce practice time, eliminate spring football and do away with the requirement they be on campus for the summer. That would free them up to be employed like mainstream students. Can t and shouldn't have it both ways.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
I'm actually impressed with how long this discussion went before someone pulled out "snowflake" for one side or the other.

And, again, my gripe isn't with you or your decision in the least. I've applauded your personal choice at multiple points in this thread. My gripe is with the Putin'esque (a man Trump openly admits to admiring) tactics being used by the top public official in the United States towards his own citizens.

Your private decision is your business. The constitutional conservative in me applauded that. I don't want any control over you or your family's business. I also don't want Donald Trump negatively affecting the private affairs (the finances) of law abiding citizens in the USA. It's the same type of bureaucratic overreach that the right routinely accuses the left of.

A private affair wouldn't be publicly happening on the field.
Is it an overreach? As my head stops hurting I can see that, but right now I'm pissed that a team I've paid season tickets for since their conception did this on foreign soil.

Reactions: Bodizephax and rgc7
The president of the United States poured gasoline on a small campfire. Now it's burning out of control. He s a moron. The fire was slowly burning itself out. If he only tweeted about subjects he was educated about we d never hear from him again.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
I ve always said a modest monthly stipend is fair. The volume of money generated is staggering. If not reduce practice time, eliminate spring football and do away with the requirement they be on campus for the summer. That would free them up to be employed like mainstream students. Can t and shouldn't have it both ways.
I can agree with this AND the NCAA sending some more of that money to improve education....public and private

Reactions: echowaker
The president of the United States poured gasoline on a small campfire. Now it's burning out of control. He s a moron. The fire was slowly burning itself out. If he only tweeted about subjects he was educated about we d never hear from him again.

Candidly, I think the President did it on purpose, just as he always does when his legislative agenda is failing or he's otherwise done something stupid. It's the same as when he tried to switch the topic to the taking down of statues when the public conversation, generally, was how he was lukewarm towards white supremacists.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
Candidly, I think the President did it on purpose, just as he always does when his legislative agenda is failing or he's otherwise done something stupid. It's the same as when he tried to switch the topic to the taking down of statues when the public conversation, generally, was how he was lukewarm towards white supremacists.
Lukewarm? He condemned it within thirty minutes of what took place in Virginia. Get out of your bubble and talk to people lol.

You're the definition of a troll if you don't think ANTIFA is a violent group too. Both sides, jacka$$!

Speaking of over-reach Gees

Reactions: Bodizephax
Lukewarm? He condemned it within thirty minutes of what took place in Virginia. Get out of your bubble and talk to people lol.

You're the definition of a troll if you don't think ANTIFA is a violent group too. Both sides, jacka$$!

And then he went back on what he said.

I don't think I expressed any opinion in what I said on antifa organizations. Your reading comprehension, unsurprisingly, is poor.

A private affair wouldn't be publicly happening on the field.
Is it an overreach? As my head stops hurting I can see that, but right now I'm pissed that a team I've paid season tickets for since their conception did this on foreign soil.

It's 90 degrees here in Ottawa today, heading into the last week of September. I've got little complain about. Although, my head was probably in a similar State as yours earlier this morning.

We did do you realize the impact of ObamaCare? And all of the divisions he created? But yet more gun violence under his watch than any one I can remember and it was in his hometown where he said and did nothing!!!! As someone who never made it to the NFL to think players can mix football with political stances are ignorant. What you do on your free time more power too you. Don't use your company as a platform to be recognized for some BS stance when you have a 50 million dollar contract with 20 guaranteed.

I would challenge any of these players to come sit down and get a lesson in respect. You get to make a kings ransom to play a game.

It really pisses me off when people make stances like this and statements but their actions are no where to be found.

Always enjoy your football IQ but on this one my friend your way out of bounds....this president only said what every guy that get up at crack of dawn to provide for his family. Not some million dollar cry baby sad because god made him a certain color.

I completely support what the president is saying. This is the greatest country in the world and those colors don't run nor will be disrespected by anyone. If their life is so bad trade your American dollars in for Rubles or Peso's and leave. great thing about a free country is you can leave at anytime.

The president is just saying what every red blooded American thinks of these players that think they are bigger than themselves
Woooo! Lions!

Amazing how these players have a 1st amendment right to protest, yet when someone uses *their* freedom of expression to respond and criticize and encourage others in a similar manner, they need to shut up and not let their voices be heard. Last I checked, free speech was a two way street.

Now it's time for the fans to let their voices be heard by boycotting these ungrateful losers. Maybe when their pocketbooks take a hit, they'll learn to appreciate the privilege of living in an American society.

Wait, are you suggesting that I was in favour of the implementation of Obama Care? Because I wasn't. I've been consistent in my stance on that from the beginning... I could go over my reasoning if you'd like, but I feel that I've beat my points to death about why it doesn't work for America.

No reply to anyone in particular.
Some years ago, One of the older teachers in our school, a WW II Marine combat vet and an old
steeler football player. He once told me that, the pro football players barely earned a living wage in those days. When a player was short of money, he would go to Art Rooney,s office, and ask Mr. Rooney for a loan.
Art would pull out a roll of bills, ask the player how much he needed, and peal off the amount asked.
Mr. Rooney would never write anything down. He keep everything in his head, and the players always paid him back.
Just amazing how times have changed !

If they have the legal authority to do that, all the power to them. I think it would be an excellent response by the players to use their massive combined social media power to lobby for a boycott of all of Donald Trump's hotels and services and it would be great to see the NBA guys like Steph Curry jump on board as well. I'm sure if they spread the word enough they can do some pretty irreparable damage to the Trump Fortune and put some extra stress on the old man. If he wants their livelihoods taken away, He has the right to voice it. I'd like to see them do the same.
See that's not enough of a look at me headline so they'll stick to the latest trendy thing to garner attention.

It's gotta be fun to be a billionaire and be able to become president, then go back and curb stomp all the people who angered you through the years.

Our POTUS and the NFL have a long history. And there's no love lost. He has now cost them millions of dollars today alone and it only cost him a tweet. It's going to continue to cost them a lot of money.

I see now more than ever that it's good to be king.
Not sure how exactly stating that if employees wanted to act that way they should be fired constitutes being curb stomped.

Those ungrateful Bastards kneeling and feeling the need to make some statement are absolute morons.

If nothing else... That flag and anthem should represent to them the very reason they're making such insane sums of money playing a sport. No other country whatsoever coukd they make such money whatsoever. Not even close. Yet they want to express their dismay to the very country responsible for all the Bentley's and Rolex they buy.

Absolutely stupid people. So damn dumb

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT