ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Coach Prime to Colorado

Pretty smooth maneuvering on primetime's part. He plays the role of the savior of black college powerhouse Jackson St., or whatever he did there, in very public fashion. And to his credit he did well in the W/L column and his short time there was a big success. And then he promptly parlays that into a D-1 job without having to work his way up the usual ranks. Sort of like Jim Harbaugh did before getting the Stanford job. Though JH comes from pretty serious coaching bloodlines where you might make an exception....

I feel like CU is not the best job of all jobs for him. Like maybe he'd do better at UCF or USF or something like that. Maybe even FSU itself. But old boy seems to have finally turned around their fortunes and got the 'noles back on solid ground. If he does well at CU, which won't be easy, you know they're gonna want him back at FSU. Mike Norvell's definitely going to be looking a little bit over his shoulder.....

Pretty smooth maneuvering on primetime's part. He plays the role of the savior of black college powerhouse Jackson St., or whatever he did there, in very public fashion. And to his credit he did well in the W/L column and his short time there was a big success. And then he promptly parlays that into a D-1 job without having to work his way up the usual ranks. Sort of like Jim Harbaugh did before getting the Stanford job. Though JH comes from pretty serious coaching bloodlines where you might make an exception....

I feel like CU is not the best job of all jobs for him. Like maybe he'd do better at UCF or USF or something like that. Maybe even FSU itself. But old boy seems to have finally turned around their fortunes and got the 'noles back on solid ground. If he does well at CU, which won't be easy, you know they're gonna want him back at FSU. Mike Norvell's definitely going to be looking a little bit over his shoulder.....
CU will be the powerhouse of the PAC n make playoffs in 3 years

Reactions: Airzee23
He will outdo Riley in the portal next year for sure. Very hot take: And I’m calling it- they beat SC in Boulder in 2023.

Last edited:
Reactions: theskibro
Im surprised he did this. He could’ve stayed at Jackson state and probably waited for whatever job he wanted most

He will outdo Riley in the portal next year for sure. Very hot take: And I’m calling it- they beat SC in Boulder in 2023.
Hope he does well there – it will be good for college football. On another note, the CU coach this year might have done the worst job ever at any school ever.

Curious what the thoughts on this forum are...
I admire Deion, and appreciate the success he enjoyed at Jackson St. Colorado has been so bad for so long, and I expected him to wait for a better opportunity. That said, with the PAC’s current state of affairs, and Colorado being alluring As hell, I actually expect he’ll enjoy success there and gain Washington like credibility. In three years, I think Colorado and Washington will be battling for number two behind Oregon. If he accomplishes this, major opportunities await.

I admire Deion, and appreciate the success he enjoyed at Jackson St. Colorado has been so bad for so long, and I expected him to wait for a better opportunity. That said, with the PAC’s current state of affairs, and Colorado being alluring As hell, I actually expect he’ll enjoy success there and gain Washington like credibility. In three years, I think Colorado and Washington will be battling for number two behind Oregon. If he accomplishes this, major opportunities await.
Kyle Whittingham may disagree.

Reactions: bizzybecknd

Curious what the thoughts on this forum are...
Deion’s turnaround and results at Jackson State were very impressive so he was obviously going to be offered more lucrative coaching opportunities.

Is he a great recruiter and/or coach? I don’t follow him or JSU.

Tough job----very lax environment------you can't win with in state kids.

He can't do worse than his predecessor.

It will be interesting to see how Sanders does at Colorado. Not much HS talent within the state, so he will have to be able to bring in recruits from elsewhere. I expect he will go to the portal early and often. Sanders can be a polarizing figure because of his flashy and strong personality, but I would not under estimate him. I expect he is going to surprise people. If he was able to convince the #1 HS recruit in the country to come to Jackson State, what might he be able to do at Colorado? Some kids will be drawn to his celebrity status, and the reputation he earned first at FSU and then in the NFL as one of the best players in the game. Obviously there is something about him that resonates with some kids. With Sanders' background and Florida connections it won't surprise me at all to see him tap into the Florida HS talent base, where some of the best high school talent in the country plays. I think it would be a mistake to assume Sanders is all flash and no substance; a 23-2 record at JSU suggests to me the man can coach a little bit. Colorado has been in the dumps for a few years now, but Sanders is probably coming into a pretty good position with both USC and UCLA leaving the Pac-12. If Sanders finds success at Colorado, I think FSU will be the next logical step for him.

I have a friend who is a Colorado alum and booster. He is stoked about the hire, as I think most Colorado alums are. But they've been so bad for so many years now, the Sanders hire is a huge swing at the fences.

Last edited:
Love your types! Find a way to bring politics into everything in life.
Politics are a big part of life guy...

But Oregon, California, and Washington are probably further left politically than Colorado. Just saying.

Last edited:
Love your types! Find a way to bring politics into everything in life.
Political environment is worth mentioning when discussing great places to live (for both sides). I’ve very much enjoyed time in Boulder in my younger days but Boulder makes Austin look like 9am mass.

Nah. Prime is smart. Trained for three years at JSU for this. NIL and admin. supporting him will be no problem dominating like SC will. Meanwhile ND is staying in the Stone Age getting excited about 8-4.
He's a clown

He’ll recruit LA and Florida!
There's a guy in Cardinal and Gold who is really in a dilemma now. Hoping to dominate two years and IMO jump ship to the NFL in 2024. Wanting to run away from elite competition in the SEC. Seeing a chance to keep being a Big fish in a little pond at least for another year until the B1G move (I guarantee you he wasn't happy when he found that one out after the fact) Now has to face a complete Pirate who will absolutely out recruit everyone in that conference. If Deon does what he says CU will help the PAC stay relevant in the future. Although I think he goes back to an ACC or SEC school if he succeeds at CU.

While you're trying to cheer yourself up or something, just realized he's accomplished 100x more than you have so there's that.
I have no problem with Prime taking over Colorado. I wish him well. Sincerely wish him well.

That said, after watching his PC, I am simply thankful he is not the Head Coach at Notre Dame.

Reactions: NDblitz
I have no problem with Prime taking over Colorado. I wish him well. Sincerely wish him well.

That said, after watching his PC, I am simply thankful he is not the Head Coach at Notre Dame.
I was wondering if I was the only one who noticed the Emperor has holes in his bling.

What seems to fly under the radar is that he put a lot of his personal money to use to help out that program at Jackson State.

What seems to fly under the radar is that he put a lot of his personal money to use to help out that program at Jackson State.
Doesn't matter. People look at his personality and think he's a clown while hiding behind a keyboard.

Doesn't matter. People look at his personality and think he's a clown while hiding behind a keyboard.
I don't believe he is a "clown..." Those kind of comments are absurd. Not even worth responding to. Would I want Deion to be the Head Coach at Notre Dame? No. Will Deion eventually be a Head Coach in the SEC? My guess is yes. And I wish him well.

Auburn hired Hugh Freeze. Look up his background. Now that's a "clown..."

I understand. People think he is selfish for making this move, but he did wonders for the program there and he has put himself in a position to advance his coaching career path. Can't ask for much more than that. He will have an impact in the PAC12 too.

ADVERTISEMENT