ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best Source for Grocery Coupons?

there is a guy that rotates supermarkets here in town, he checks the prices on the shelves that all same goods are marked (priced) the same or accurately. The errors he gets for free! Free food! and more!

If you want to put pride aside for a few weeks!

there is a guy that rotates supermarkets here in town, he checks the prices on the shelves that all same goods are marked (priced) the same or accurately. The errors he gets for free! Free food! and more!

If you want to put pride aside for a few weeks!
Cool. Thanks! I'm all about winning this bet. Pride out the window. Haha.

personally, i think I rather lose this one. if you win guess what your new job is
Nah. I made it clear this was a one-time thing. I pay for the groceries, but she keeps running it up every single month. I had to put my foot down. And then she told me to prove I could do it better.

you can save big if you go to Restaurant Depot. But you gotta know someone who is a member. Have them get you a card! Free.

I just bought a box of Ribeye's (14 in box/12 oz. each) a lil over 9$ a pound.

Reactions: IrishGoat
Growing up in 1960s Gary, Indiana, we were lower middle income and at times struggled a bit. The grocery stores back then had shopping carts filled with canned food with labels that had fallen off for 5 cents a can or so. My Mom and Grandma would buy a bunch of cans and open them all up when they got home. The gals were able to make hash and other dinners for me and my brothers with many of the canned products and the rest went to our Shepard mix who never had an official name. That was penny pinching by necessity. "Boy" was shot a killed one evening. He was the meanest thing in fur so that probably led to his "hit".

Be sure to check the dumpsters behind the grocery stores........LOL. Bwahahahahhahahaha!

5d35c58dd45477b7e7aacb9a6a1c69fd--funny-walmart-people-walmart-humor.jpg

Nah. I made it clear this was a one-time thing. I pay for the groceries, but she keeps running it up every single month. I had to put my foot down. And then she told me to prove I could do it better.
HA HA Dude I know how this ends. If you win you'll be cutting coupons for life. But, good Luck maybe some time we can share recipes.

Hey Fellas,

My wife made a bet with me that I could not buy groceries cheaper than she does over the next two weeks. I thought this would be good place to check to see where I can save some money...

TIA

Goat

Your paying premium for ND football? Isn't that like buying expired meat or skunked beer? I like Lou but done listening to the homers.

Last edited:
My parents grew up in the boonies Tennessee during the depression. As a kid I went grocery shopping with her. She could get two nickels out of a penny. As an adult taking her shopping she could still do it.

UPDATE:

Thanks to the sage advice I got from the free board, I was able to cut the grocery bill by almost 18%.

One week to go. Then victory. Then P.O.T.

Next bet: Car insurance. Any advice? Or do you guys ride the bus?

Reactions: Rich Starkey
UPDATE:

Thanks to the sage advice I got from the free board, I was able to cut the grocery bill by almost 18%.

One week to go. Then victory. Then P.O.T.

Next bet: Car insurance. Any advice? Or do you guys ride the bus?

mostly we ride 'Jazzy's ! you may save on premium, they have a top speed < 30ish!

ADVERTISEMENT