ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2023 5-star CB Cormani McClain flips to Colorado

in a league that has become dominated by QBs and WRs and the passing game in general, especially in the pac 12, you gotta have CBs who can ball.

Imagine having the two best prospects at the position in back to back years at ND (with all else staying the same)? Two potential first round draft picks at corner back lol Next is an EDGE who is going to want to join the party.

BTW I've been following their youtube channel run by his son Deion Jr. it's a level of insight into a FBS P5 football program you won't get anywhere else. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_n7zvkh3y3PLBIUA1lHkjw

I like the hip hop style reflected in the videos, so for those who might be turned off by that, if you are patient you'll be rewarded with some really cool fly-on-the-wall content in a P5 football operations office.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quest4Twelve
in a league that has become dominated by QBs and WRs and the passing game in general, especially in the pac 12, you gotta have CBs who can ball.

Imagine having the two best prospects at the position in back to back years at ND? Next is an EDGE who is going to want to join the party.
And we nabbed one of the best corners in last year's class, not sure what your point is. Go root for Colorado then.

Imagine having the two best prospects at the position in back to back years at ND (with all else staying the same)? Two potential first round draft picks at corner back lol Next is an EDGE who is going to want to join the party.

BTW I've been following their youtube channel run by his son Deion Jr. it's a level of insight into a FBS P5 football program you won't get anywhere else. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_n7zvkh3y3PLBIUA1lHkjw

I like the hip hop style reflected in the videos, so for those who might be turned off by that, if you are patient you'll be rewarded with some really cool fly-on-the-wall content in a P5 football operations office.
Imagine you not acting like a huge tool

Reactions: BGI User 756
I don't know what BenMos potential is, but these two guys Colorado has signed in back to back years are both potential top end first round draft picks and they'll both be playing on the same field for at least the next two y ears.

In today's game CBs & DEs are the most rare/valuable talent in the sport right now.

Put these two prospects on NDs two last playoff runs and the game is more 40% chance than 10% as its been for most of the last several decades.

It’s refreshing to see a once dominant program truly care about bringing football back. CU will be must see TV. I’d put money on Boulder being in a bowl game next season.

Reactions: chaseball
And we nabbed one of the best corners in last year's class, not sure what your point is. Go root for Colorado then.
ND couldn’t care any less about it’s fans. They see you as $uckers. At least Colorado is trying unlike ND.

At least Colorado is trying unlike ND.
Recruiting rankings

Fighting Irish #8
Fighting Primes #29

Fighting Irish #3
Fighting Primes #17

In 2022 Notre Dame was at 7 while Colorado was in the 50s.

They can "try" all they want, they'll never recruit as well as Notre Dame and Sanders isn't changing that, especially once he actually has to start coaching games.

Recruiting rankings

Fighting Irish #8
Fighting Primes #29

Fighting Irish #3
Fighting Primes #17

They can "try" all they want, they'll never recruit as well as Notre Dame and Sanders isn't changing that, especially once he actually has to start coaching games.
Tell me a meaningful game ND has won in the last 20-30 years….. OU in 2012?????

Recruiting rankings? Really? That’s so sad and my dad graduated from ND. He wants wins not geeks running on and on about recruiting hahahaha.

Recruiting rankings? Really? That’s so sad and my dad graduated from ND. He wants wins not geeks running on and on about recruiting hahahaha.
Notre Dame in the last 6 years is 63-12 with two playoff appearances. The fewest games they've won is 9 this past year.

Colorado has won 9 games once in the past 20 years. Not sure wtf you're talking about but arguing wins for Notre Dame on behalf of Colorado is laughable at best.

Deion and his pipe dream fans will all find that out soon enough.

It’s refreshing to see a once dominant program truly care about bringing football back. CU will be must see TV. I’d put money on Boulder being in a bowl game next season.
For sure. They are recruiting heavy in the Florida Penal League

• Haha
Reactions: tbonesays

Guess your dad wasn’t pro-choice?

Recruiting rankings

Fighting Irish #8
Fighting Primes #29

Fighting Irish #3
Fighting Primes #17

No but marked improvement. I think They could go 6-6 maybe 7-5 and will beat either Oregon State or SC next year. Both are home games. BUT the schedule is tough and 7-5 would be a huge stretch.

Did you mean bowl game or on probation from NCAA.
Sanders is a clown

Reactions: hvillebill
Rumor has it that Coach Prime is about to secure 5-star edge in 2023 class Nyckoles Harbor

Coach prime been in colorado for two months and already knocking on the top 10s door in terms of talent acquisition (transfer portal and 2023 freshman class).

Coach prime been in colorado for two months and already knocking on the top 10s door in terms of talent acquisition (transfer portal and 2023 freshman class).
Spending more money on players than the other teams does not make Sanders a good recruiter.

How many other coaches in D-1 dress for the games like a hip-hop artist that's about to go on stage?

Spending more money on players than the other teams does not make Sanders a good recruiter.

How many other coaches in D-1 dress for the games like a hip-hop artist that's about to go on stage?
Their social media is really good content (Deions son is following his Dad around filming the football operations, team meetings, coach meetings, etc.). The content is unlike anything I've seen from an access to a major football programs operations. The videos are going viral. Kids want to be apart of that, it's fun, it's Deion Sanders (one of the best NFL players/athletes all time), it's popular (lots of potential NIL opportunities), Deion has NFL buddies around all the time, etc. etc. Deion isn't a stupid guy either. He's extremely well read/intelligent, and he's a leader and he's been around the game his entire life. This man is going to win football games, because even if he isn't a Xs and Os guy like Lincoln Riley, or a CEO type on the level of Brian Kelly, he'll have the kind of talent surrounded that will provide a huge margin for error.

Their social media is really good content (Deions son is following his Dad around filming the football operations, team meetings, coach meetings, etc.). The content is unlike anything I've seen from an access to a major football programs operations. The videos are going viral. Kids want to be apart of that, it's fun, it's Deion Sanders (one of the best NFL players/athletes all time), it's popular (lots of potential NIL opportunities), Deion has NFL buddies around all the time, etc. etc. Deion isn't a stupid guy either. He's extremely well read/intelligent, and he's a leader and he's been around the game his entire life. This man is going to win football games, because even if he isn't a Xs and Os guy like Lincoln Riley, or a CEO type on the level of Brian Kelly, he'll have the kind of talent surrounded that will provide a huge margin for error.
Yeah, we'll just see how far all that goes with the fans when he has no better than a 4-8 record next year.

If those recruits are just looking for a big party, then let them go with that fool.

Reactions: NDSMC78
Yeah, we'll just see how far all that goes with the fans when he has no better than a 4-8 record next year.

If those recruits are just looking for a big party, then let them go with that fool.
4 wins would be a good improvement for them next year. Adding 3 wins in his first year. I think the fans would be happy about that jump

Reactions: notredamerises23
Colorado has no local talent and no longer plays games in SoCal which was their version of a 'recruiting base' They have to gamble on a gregarious personality coach to be relevant.

Reactions: BGI User 756
4 wins would be a good improvement for them next year. Adding 3 wins in his first year. I think the fans would be happy about that jump
pre-NIL you're probably right, but in this transfer portal environment, coaches are expected to win immediately. With how much Deion has turned over/upgraded the roster in the short time he's been there, I'm thinking they go from 1-11 to a winning season next year.

pre-NIL you're probably right, but in this transfer portal environment, coaches are expected to win ASAP.
Nah. Not at Colorado. They had 1 win last year and probably had the worst roster in all of p5. If he can win 4 or 5 games next year, that will be a really good jump for them

ND couldn’t care any less about it’s fans. They see you as $uckers. At least Colorado is trying unlike ND.
You don’t have a clue when it comes to ND and the administration.

STOP pretending that you do !

Clemson …… twice

No but marked improvement. I think They could go 6-6 maybe 7-5 and will beat either Oregon State or SC next year. Both are home games. BUT the schedule is tough and 7-5 would be a huge stretch.
I'd be willing to bet money they don't go 6-6 next year.

Sanders is no coach, they're 4-8 at best.

pre-NIL you're probably right, but in this transfer portal environment, coaches are expected to win immediately. With how much Deion has turned over/upgraded the roster in the short time he's been there, I'm thinking they go from 1-11 to a winning season next year.
It’s going to be pretty much impossible to do that. This year’s team wasn’t just 1-11, but it was completely uncompetitive, had no offensive line, and was getting blown out by halftime. CU also has a difficult schedule next year. Now, people might have unrealistic expectations about a turnaround, but you’d get tremendous odds on a futures’ bet picking CU to win 6+ games next year.
I'd be willing to bet money they don't go 6-6 next year.

Sanders is no coach, they're 4-8 at best.
Getting that team to 4+ wins would be an incredible job as the 2022 team was completely uncompetitive and as there are no easy games on the schedule outside of Colorado State, a team that was equally as bad as CU last year.

ADVERTISEMENT