ADVERTISEMENT

OSU/Clemson line

Battle tested OSU vs lights out talent on Clemson offense. Untested Clemson D. Should be a great game. Would not put money on this game

1) Bettors like Clemson’s experience and late season ultra-dominance.

2) Additionally, there are concerns about Fields’s mobility. In the Wisconsin game, his lack of previous mobility after the Michigan game injury scare limited him in situations in which he could have run for first downs and not being able to do so killed OSU drives.

3) Lastly, OSU just played back-to-back games against physically strong, hard hitting teams in Michigan (top 10 to top 14 team by most metrics) and Wisconsin (a top 5 to top 7 team all season by most metrics and physically punishing team).

It is very, very difficult to win against a top 10-14, top 7, top 2-3, top 1-4 teams in succession. Few teams have ever done it (only teams in the CFP era have really gotten that chance)

1) Bettors like Clemson’s experience and late season ultra-dominance.

2) Additionally, there are concerns about Fields’s mobility. In the Wisconsin game, his lack of previous mobility after the Michigan game injury scare limited him in situations in which he could have run for first downs and not being able to do so killed OSU drives.

3) Lastly, OSU just played back-to-back games against physically strong, hard hitting teams in Michigan (top 10 to top 14 team by most metrics) and Wisconsin (a top 5 to top 7 team all season by most metrics and physically punishing team).

It is very, very difficult to win against a top 10-14, top 7, top 2-3, top 1-4 teams in succession. Few teams have ever done it (only teams in the CFP era have really gotten that chance)
I thought this was the greatest team ever lol. They are underdogs!

They have 3 weeks off! They are college kids. No excuses. 3 weeks they will be fully healthy. That has zero impact on this game and the betting line

I thought this was the greatest team ever lol. They are underdogs!

They have 3 weeks off! They are college kids. No excuses. 3 weeks they will be fully healthy. That has zero impact on this game and the betting line

They began as a -1 to -1.5 favorite and within hours the line moved to -1.5 to -2 in Clemson’s favor. That type of movement THAT fast is rare, which probably means money isn’t trusting Fields’s health. Movement that fast on a Vegas line usually means a variable that’s not usual in play.

Day alluded to it in his post game comments (“Fields banged up”), but couldn’t outright say it for the sake of sportsmanship, but Fields’s compromised mobility took out a dimension of that unstoppable offense as was obvious against Wisconsin when he had zero burst and couldn’t outrun Wisconsin DLinemen.

If reports come out that he’s regaining full mobility, I think we’ll see ovment the other way on the line.

They began as a -1 to -1.5 favorite and within hours the line moved to -1.5 to -2 in Clemson’s favor. That type of movement THAT fast is rare, which probably means money isn’t trusting Fields’s health. Movement that fast on a Vegas line usually means a variable that’s not usual in play.

Day alluded to it in his post game comments (“Fields banged up”), but couldn’t outright say it for the sake of sportsmanship, but Fields’s compromised mobility took out a dimension of that unstoppable offense as was obvious against Wisconsin when he had zero burst and couldn’t outrun Wisconsin DLinemen.

If reports come out that he’s regaining full mobility, I think we’ll see ovment the other way on the line.
I think it’s probably that despite their terrible schedule, Clemson is still immensely talented at the most important positions. LSU and OSU deserve time be ranked higher based on the seasons they’ve had, but I still think Clemson is the best team.

Fields is fine. He has 3 weeks. The best team of all time shouldnt be an underdog. Theyll be an underdog if they even make it against LSU too. No one thinks of Ohio that highly

Dabo is licking his chops to coach against Day and the Bucks. He’s knocked off King Saban how many times? And now he’s got to worry about Day?! LOL. Good luck OSU.

Reactions: nemeth#5
Battle tested OSU vs lights out talent on Clemson offense. Untested Clemson D. Should be a great game. Would not put money on this game

"Battle tested OSU vs lights out talent on Clemson offense. Untested Clemson D. Should be a great game. Would not put money on this game"

Absolutely agree -- OSU is very explosive on offense, but so is Clemson --

I think the NC is the winner of this game. The key is Fields' left knee - the big unknown right now. It started out -1 and now swinging little more towards Clemson. Fields has not been able to run the last couple of games against Michigan and Wisconsin and Vegas has picked up on this. If Fields strained knee heals up - for the most part - and is able to run again, I'll go with OSU. If not, Clemson. This is just a great field this year and really no clear-cut favorite, If Hurts can avoid turning the ball over, even Oklahoma has a chance.

I think the NC is the winner of this game. The key is Fields' left knee - the big unknown right now. It started out -1 and now swinging little more towards Clemson. Fields has not been able to run the last couple of games against Michigan and Wisconsin and Vegas has picked up on this. If Fields strained knee heals up - for the most part - and is able to run again, I'll go with OSU. If not, Clemson. This is just a great field this year and really no clear-cut favorite, If Hurts can avoid turning the ball over, even Oklahoma has a chance.
LSU can beat either team.

Agree with all, though I think LSU has a big advantage even thoighnOUnis still a good team. OSU/Clemson have to literally win two title games to win it facing two elite teams (unless OU wins).

OSU’s offense wasn’t the same with Fields being unable to run. Bettors are thinking right now that three weeks isn’t going to change that. Clemson has the best defense in the country and a gimpy Fields will have a great amount of difficulty.

In any case, three really, really good teams, so it should be some great action.

I'm picking Clemson because of the QB position. And yes, I know Fields is the one going to the Heisman ceremony. But personally, I still think Lawrence is the best QB, and he's been there before, and won.

LSU can beat either team.
The spread that burrow is playing at lsu is a rarity in the sec... Clemson has seen it for years and so has osu.... They have the athletes to defend that spread and the years of coaching against it.

Osu or clemson should handle lsu.

Reactions: Raymond G
The spread that burrow is playing at lsu is a rarity in the sec... Clemson has seen it for years and so has osu.... They have the athletes to defend that spread and the years of coaching against it.

Osu or clemson should handle lsu.
Under estimating LSU. Elite qb, 3 elite wrs, very good tight end and running back, good o line. They are going to put up points on anyone when they play. You'll have to outscore LSU to beat them, but you arent stopping them

Under estimating LSU. Elite qb, 3 elite wrs, very good tight end and running back, good o line. They are going to put up points on anyone when they play. You'll have to outscore LSU to beat them, but you arent stopping them
I think the offenses are pretty evenly matched. I think Clemson’s D is better than LSU’s though.

The way Clemson bitch slapped Bama and the fact that they haven’t lost makes it impossible for me to pick against them. Even though all the “geniuses” will pick LSU.

Reactions: Leahylads
ADVERTISEMENT