ADVERTISEMENT

Opportunity Knocks...

Chitownrealist

Shakes Down The Thunder
Dec 27, 2006
I could not be happier for Brandon Wimbush. The kid has been nothing but a champion and here now on his Senior Day he has a chance to lead the Irish in a critical game against a team we would all like to see us pound. BW holds the all time record at Notre Dame for rushing in a game 207, and rushing TDs in a game. I would be absolutely thrilled to see the boys rally, dig down deep, and provide Brandon with the compliment of play representative of a championship caliber team, and for him to be the athlete, competitor, and quarterback we know he can be. GO IRISH

Aside from Alabama. (What else is new?) Who has a back up QB with a 13-3 record as a starter? Is on a 3 game winning streak as a starter? And started and beat "allegedly" the most fierce defense in the land? (Michigan)

From all accounts he has been a great teammate. His attitude as not waned and the kid has gone about his business like a man.

My advice to him would be "Trust your teammates, trust your coaches and let the mother f'er go!

Do we know that BW has gone on about his business since being benched by practicing like he's going to be the starter and staying 100% engaged? I have no clue if this is the case and I'm curious if anyone on here has inside info as to how he as conducted himself with the team both in practice and off the field? Has he stayed 100% dedicated with the mindset that his number may be called again this year or has he been disconnected because he lost the job? True character of a person is how they act when things don't go their way. I'm hoping BW is a high character guy. I'm not doubting that he is I just don't know.

Do we know that BW has gone on about his business since being benched by practicing like he's going to be the starter and staying 100% engaged? I have no clue if this is the case and I'm curious if anyone on here has inside info as to how he as conducted himself with the team both in practice and off the field? Has he stayed 100% dedicated with the mindset that his number may be called again this year or has he been disconnected because he lost the job? True character of a person is how they act when things don't go their way. I'm hoping BW is a high character guy. I'm not doubting that he is I just don't know.

"Do we know that BW has gone on about his business since being benched by practicing like he's going to be the starter and staying 100% engaged?"

No, we do not -- and doubt seriously anyone on this board knows that answer either.

Aside from Alabama. (What else is new?) Who has a back up QB with a 13-3 record as a starter? Is on a 3 game winning streak as a starter? And started and beat "allegedly" the most fierce defense in the land? (Michigan)

From all accounts he has been a great teammate. His attitude as not waned and the kid has gone about his business like a man.

My advice to him would be "Trust your teammates, trust your coaches and let the mother f'er go!
IrishFlorida- How do you know "hes been a great teammate, his attitude has not waned, and he has gone about his business like a man since he lost the job?" I hope this is true but I'm curious how you know this.

"Do we know that BW has gone on about his business since being benched by practicing like he's going to be the starter and staying 100% engaged?"

No, we do not -- and doubt seriously anyone on this board knows that answer either.

I believe it was in one of the Tuesday press conferences within the last 2 weeks Kelly was asked how BW is doing with the role he now has and Kelly was effusive about how BW is helping, first one to talk to Book after the coaches, 100% dialed-in, etc... Now maybe Kelly is just saying that but that is why people have that impression. Not a bad source.

Actually, Kelly has spoken repeatedly about how involved BW has been since Ian took over. He is there at the sidelines, meetings and in practice. BW has had nothing but praise for Brandon.

I do like that we waited until today for this to come out. That give Fla St one day to prepare for what can be a different offense... I really hope BW kills it on Saturday.

Actually, Kelly has spoken repeatedly about how involved BW has been since Ian took over. He is there at the sidelines, meetings and in practice. BW has had nothing but praise for Brandon.

I do like that we waited until today for this to come out. That give Fla St one day to prepare for what can be a different offense... I really hope BW kills it on Saturday.

"BW has had nothing but praise for Brandon."

I would hope he does!

IrishFlorida- How do you know "hes been a great teammate, his attitude has not waned, and he has gone about his business like a man since he lost the job?" I hope this is true but I'm curious how you know this.

My quote to be exact was "From all accounts he has been a great teammate. His attitude as not waned and the kid has gone about his business like a man"

Those accounts came from the Head Football Coach Brian Kelly at a presser. So I have no reason to doubt his word. Now, if Brian Kelly was a 24/7 lollipops and sunshine guy, I would have me doubts, but if the past 9 years have taught us anything, that dude does not sugar coat much.

Reactions: IrishMike409
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT