ADVERTISEMENT

Opening Finals

Do you see any other commits getting an invite?

I can look to see who is a chance.

To get an invite you have to attend the camps.
There are multiple ND recruits who have performed well at Rivals camps, & probably will be invited to their big final camp.
For the Opening I know Wallace won a MVP at his regional camp, but hasn’t received an invite yet. NaNa also won the MVP at his regional & has not got the invite either. They look at SPARQ numbers a lot, but in Wallace’s case he tested in a monsoon, so not really fair.
I wouldn’t be surprised if an OL got invited.
Pyne got an invite to the Rivals event in Atlanta next week in Atlanta against 2019 kids after winning the MVP at his region (even though a 2020 kid).

So “3 Star” Kyle Hamilton (513 Composite) just happened to dominate the Opening Finals. There are plenty of 5 Stars there, including at DB.
He was named to the “Dream Team” which is the best player at each position.
Kyle had 3 interceptions & 5 pass break ups & his team won the 7v7 tournament.
The setting isn’t ideal for safeties because they do a lot of covering instead which isn’t normal, but he still shut down top WRs.
His testing numbers were good too, winning the power toss & running a good 40 & shuttle. He also had over a 40 inch verticle.

But he isn’t “elite” so we should probably pass on him.

Saw were Hamilton and karalaftis were both put on the opening dream team. I’m still not sold on Kiser having better upside then karalaftis.

Saw were Hamilton and karalaftis were both put on the opening dream team. I’m still not sold on Kiser having better upside then karalaftis.

They play two different positions.
Kiser is a LB & Karaloftis is a DL.

Hamilton must have killed it because those guys find it next to impossible to say anything good about a ND commit.

So “3 Star” Kyle Hamilton (513 Composite) just happened to dominate the Opening Finals. There are plenty of 5 Stars there, including at DB.
The setting isn’t ideal for safeties because they do a lot of covering instead which isn’t normal, but he still shut down top WRs.
His testing numbers were good too, winning the power toss & running a good 40 & shuttle. He also had over a 40 inch verticle.

Your attitude is assinine. And I suggest posters read the information about the Opening for themselves.
Hamilton was on the Dream Team as chosen by the media ( which your own post actually mocks).
His ranking will rise. How far? Most of the 5 *’s did farly well. The more Hamilton gets exposure, the more we can compare how accurate his standing is among prospects.

Your attitude is assinine. And I suggest posters read the information about the Opening for themselves.
Hamilton was on the Dream Team as chosen by the media ( which your own post actually mocks).
His ranking will rise. How far? Most of the 5 *’s did farly well. The more Hamilton gets exposure, the more we can compare how accurate his standing is among prospects.

not sure I understand your attitude here

not sure I understand your attitude here

I’m guessing someone is bashing Hamilton or NaNa?
It must be Bug or Justified (two of many I have on ignore) since they love bashing ND players.
They both know absolutely zero about football & just slobber on their keyboard.
So just ignore them.

I’m guessing someone is bashing Hamilton or NaNa?
It must be Bug or Justified (two of many I have on ignore) since they love bashing ND players.
They both know absolutely zero about football & just slobber on their keyboard.
So just ignore them.

No, Na and Hamilton are just dandy. You, not so much. Your reports and opinions are useless because they lack objectivity.

Everyone on this board liked Hamilton from the start. I compared him early on to Taylor Mays.
You are fighting your own war!

from 247;
“When watching Hamilton on day two of The Opening, it was then that he started to make his mark. Hamilton was terrific on Sunday. He started things off by running a 4.62 in the 40-yard dash, a 4.14 in shuttle, a 46.7 in the power ball, which was No. 1 according to all defensive backs, and jumped 40 inches in the vertical. He not only looked the part physically, but he backed that up with a ton of athleticism. Then Hamilton hit the field for the one-on-one portion of the event and shined once again. Again, this is a guy who will be playing safety in South Bend, but on Sunday he showed that he can stick with some of the best receivers in the country on an island. His drops were clean and quick, he almost looked like he was running the routes for the receivers, and he broke on the ball extremely quick. He absolutely looked the part of a four-star prospect and one of the nation’s most talented safeties, in my opinion. I’ve been a tough critic on him due to his performance at the Underclassmen Combine in San Antonio. He was solid, but looked like just another guy. It’s clear Hamilton put in a ton of work since January and he genuinely looked elite on Sunday. It was a very impressive performance.”

So when the rankors say something you like then you gush over it and post it; but if they say or rate a kid differently, then you say they are fools.

So then why was or is Hamiton suffering a ratings delema? Maybe it stems from this:
“Hamilton ran a 4.79-second laser 40 at Nike’s The Opening Atlanta regional. That seems to be the subject of much discussion. But he didn’t downplay it or excuse it.
He developed a case of turf toe after his first attempt but didn’t back away from his testing. He owned it.”

And:
“But he also put up a 109.74 Sparq rating. That is the Nike standard composite testing method to measure an athlete’s overall ability and explosiveness.
He finished ninth in that rating and also second among all the defensive backs at that frigid event.”

“A SPARQ score of 130 or higher puts a player in elite athletic company. ”

Prediction: Hamilton ends as 4* and Rivals 5.9 and composite 94.9 rating.

Last edited:
Reactions: FootballNut5
“love affair with West Lafayette defensive lineman George Karlaftis will continue following his showing at The Opening. Here’s a rankings update spoiler alert: get used to hearing the phrase ‘five-star Purdue commit’ because that’s where Karlaftis is heading. 247Sports has long been more impressed with Karlaftis than our peers elsewhere in the industry and we feel like he validated that opinion in Texas.”

“love affair with West Lafayette defensive lineman George Karlaftis will continue following his showing at The Opening. Here’s a rankings update spoiler alert: get used to hearing the phrase ‘five-star Purdue commit’ because that’s where Karlaftis is heading. 247Sports has long been more impressed with Karlaftis than our peers elsewhere in the industry and we feel like he validated that opinion in Texas.”

Our coaches at this point are not interested in pursuing him. Could this change of course. Spoiler neither are the other big name programs that offered him. Don't you ask yourself why. I just think Notre Dame , OSU, Michigan believe he is not all that. they can be wrong but this is why people on football staffs trust their own evals and not depend on 247

Michigan and USC have shown interest. You really have no knowledge of what his recruitment has been.

This. Michigan has been relentless in pursuing him especially after he committed to Purdue.

I don’t know what “this” means (probably because it’s in reference to someone I have on ignore) but I can tell you that ND along with others aren’t currently interested.
The explanation given was that he is a power player, all strength, just bulls through kids. That is great in HS but not very effective in college. Teams look at the total skill set & they feel he currently lacks that.
Interesting about Michigan is that they are scrambling for recruits after last years class & the start to this year’s class. Two-thirds of this year’s class so far are 3 Stars. Two of their biggest gets were guys others passed on or Cade who decommitted from ND.
After last year’s bad class (& slow start this year) it seems Harbaugh is just going after everybody now.
He has struck out a lot with his evaluations. He has recruited a lot of highly ranked OL & QBs others passed on who ended up being duds. He didn’t recruit the current upperclassmen D & they will all be gone after this year (draft). So moving forward I think Michigan will struggle (after losing guys early & two straight weak classes).

justified, why so much anger bro? NDAFArly brings us good info, cut him some slack. My humble opinion.

I have him on ignore, so no worries.

I am going to start a direct message group soon.

I can start it & add people to it, & once you are on it you can go ahead & respond & ask questions without needing permissions.

So I will add a bunch of people who appreciate the info & want to talk about it & they can feel free to ask questions.

I’m not going to post info on the free board anymore since a bunch of people mock it & act as if they don’t read it & use it.

If anyone would like to be added just reply that you would like to. If you aren’t interested in receiving or discussing the info then just ignore this.

For those of you who join, the messages will be in your inbox & you are free to reply.

If you aren’t added immediately don’t worry. I cant remember everybody. So just remind me.

OMG..omg

He’s leaving! ... Going to create a world where he makes the rules and has ALL Control, where he is all knowing!

AND HE SAYS, THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH US?

(he reads everthing I post, and then waits for a post that he can use to make a comment, beginning with the ‘ignore’ reference. I would gladly ignore him except for this little charade he puts on)

Last edited:

Bump...

Since Kyle is being named to all the Freshmen All American teams, despite not being a full time starter & playing behind two Senior stud Safties in Gilman & Elliott.

Read some threads & you will see people bashing him, despite being “ND fans.”

ADVERTISEMENT